ph up , whats a replacement

• Thread starter 20north
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MMJInsiders

What I wanna know is....which brand's silica raises PPMs the least?...

Silica Blast is a 0-0-.5, pretty weak. Pro-TeKt is a 0-0-3.7 and is very strong (7.8% SiO2). There is also a product we use quite a bit of by Alternative Garden Supply, it is a 0-0-3 and is as strong as the Pro-TeKt silica wise.

Be careful on just how much silica you use, excess will do more harm than good. Using Pro-TeKt or AGS silica, I rarely dose higher than 2ml a gallon but have been safe up to about 5ml a gallon. Beyond that I have seen excessively woody stems, yield loss, and/or precipitation.

When you use silica, add your silica first, mix well, then base + addy's.

M

Mmmmasonite

Silica Blast is a 0-0-.5, pretty weak. Pro-TeKt is a 0-0-3.7 and is very strong (7.8% SiO2). There is also a product we use quite a bit of by Alternative Garden Supply, it is a 0-0-3 and is as strong as the Pro-TeKt silica wise.

Be careful on just how much silica you use, excess will do more harm than good. Using Pro-TeKt or AGS silica, I rarely dose higher than 2ml a gallon but have been safe up to about 5ml a gallon. Beyond that I have seen excessively woody stems, yield loss, and/or precipitation.

When you use silica, add your silica first, mix well, then base + addy's.

Well ....the thing is ....I like to use it to raise my ph naturally after I add everything on a fresh rez....I never get close the max dosage so....should be fine..........Well............Cool......I use Silica Blast so......Perfect.....lowest PPMs, raises my ph and strengthens my plants ......Thanx for the info......Peace

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I use silica for ph up and humic for ph down in most cases. As far as baking soda dont use it. It is Sodium bicarbonate and sodium is the last thing you want in the root zone. Also water is the obvious choice.

gisisi

gisisi

Sodium silicate will not change your NPK.

It is commonly known as water glass, and is supposedly available at auto part stores, though that has no been my experience. It is also a common ingredient in silica additives and pH up.

Top Bottom