Phantom photobio light Distance first led

• Thread starter Rdoyle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rdoyle

I am new to the LED way was wondering what the distance should be with a this light and Does the distance of the light have to change when you increase the light I’m Scared to burn

Phantom photobio light distance first led
AKgrow

AKgrow

I'd say start at 3 feet or more with young plants. Turned down to 40%. Then as they grow turn it up til you get to 100% when you switch to flower. The only thing I saw in the manual for the light is readings at one foot away, I'd say that's the closest you want to get at full power, probably too close. Look for early signs of light stress, where the leaves are pointing up or "praying", then back off a little. Some people use the praying leaves as a guage for optimal lighting. Also, @Aqua Man teaches people around here to use a lux meter app on your phone to dial in lighting. Co2 changes things.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Best $40 I've ever spent. Not 100% sure of the accuracy but it's darn close. I am sure of it's consistency. Managed to kill or mame every plant or clone under my first LED until I bought this.

Amazon:

Light Meter PAR Meter Up to 80,000lx and 3000umol/(㎡s) 365-780nm Lux Meter PPFD Tester Illuminance Meter​

Brand: FUTUREHORTI

51KY9FiwmAL AC SL1500
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Best $40 I've ever spent. Not 100% sure of the accuracy but it's darn close. I am sure of it's consistency. Managed to kill or mame every plant or clone under my first LED until I bought this.

Amazon:

Light Meter PAR Meter Up to 80,000lx and 3000umol/(㎡s) 365-780nm Lux Meter PPFD Tester Illuminance Meter​

+1

R

Rdoyle

I'd say start at 3 feet or more with young plants. Turned down to 40%. Then as they grow turn it up til you get to 100% when you switch to flower. The only thing I saw in the manual for the light is readings at one foot away, I'd say that's the closest you want to get at full power, probably too close. Look for early signs of light stress, where the leaves are pointing up or "praying", then back off a little. Some people use the praying leaves as a guage for optimal lighting. Also, @Aqua Man teaches people around here to use a lux meter app on your phone to dial in lighting. Co2 changes things.
They are just over a foot tall and pulled down

R

Rdoyle

Amazon:

I have the cheap one yellow one on Amazon still not to sure how to use them I just started using LED have always used HPS Had good Results Just tryinG to save a bit on Hydro I just got the phantom photobio and trying To get a little advice I would love to know a little bit more about the lux meter also first time from seed I just got a tent to try some vegetables and seed to pre veg trying
0F042DA3 9A7C 4F6B 8BD2 A5D9E4A3AD30
B7F8697C B5F8 411E 8D77 D2A2C0235E14
52A04D6C A318 41FB 833E D15D482BBDEA

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
first pic is the day I started using this meter. little white box sitting on a 5.5 pot. Girl Scout Cookie Extreme at 14 days.
second pic is exact same plant at 28 days when it's sent to flower. Plants had their lower leaves burnt off with the LED.

Based off of this meter's reading I was running over 600 ppfd when I was killing everything. Dropped it back to 380ish and things took off!
One added feature is I can shut the tent door to get a reading.

Last pic was one of those stoner moments. Clones. excessive light kills clones. Wrap your humidity dome in landscape fabric and you drop your ppfd from 380 to 37. I can place the meter under the dome, shut the tent and know what the clones are receiving.

Those beans cracking are Bruce Banner as well.

Meter1
Gsce0
Bb d1
Gog2d1
Last edited:
Top Bottom