PhDown Severely/abnormally drops the PH on DWC solution

• Thread starter FlyingToast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FlyingToast

I can help you with that.

Great advice @SweetLeafGrow. Appreciate you helping the new guys. As you say, I am not and information source on AN, I can only regurgitate what has been told to me here. If you want help with issues running those nutes I don't even know who to send you to. All the advice I have ever seen on this forum about AN is basically just follow the recipe and don't measure anything. Trust them. That's fine until you have an issue, at which point it helps to have a little control and measurable feedback. Reliable PH data in a hydro system is like your pulse - just basic basic health data. To ignore it to me seems sacrilegious.

I wonder if any hydro power growers on the forum still run AN? @tobh you still doing AN? Seems like most folks that get serious about this hobby run dry nutes like Jack's. It's also easy to use, just different. You need slightly different tools to go with dry nutes over bottles.

I don't really know about your seedling EC question (obviously lol) but I agree with your gut that is a bit much for a young plant. That would in fact bother me too. But the advise is, "follow the instructions and trust it." You gotta decide if you want to follow that advise until you run out of AN, have a problem and switch, fall in love with AN and become the forum guru, or just switch now to get the learning curve out of the way. If you decide to switch, GH 3 part is reliable, easy, but a little expensive because you are buying water. I still recommend it for your first hydro grow and then you decide when you want to switch to dry if ever. I used it for years because it was just so easy.
thank you for the advice my guy. what do you mean by "fall in love with AN and become the forum guru" is it because no one uses AN?
i'll give AN a go and if it causes me problems i'll switch to GH, money is no issue since i run a super small grow and don't go through nutes fast

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The way i look at it is you’ve spent a fair but on those nutrients and as much as i detest AN nutrients they do work when used as directed. So using those up while reading up on other nutrients and making an informed decision on them just makes sense to me.

As you can see GH works very well also. Dynagrow is another simple 1 part liquid nutrient there is another that just slips my mind that is a one part also.

I think most land on dry ferts in the end after understanding nutrients more and the extra cost you pay for water and convenience.… which is not a bad thing when starting out as there is enough to learn already.

They all work but some are just better suited to certain needs. Most ppl go through a few different nutrients to find the one that works best for them

F

FlyingToast

The way i look at it is you’ve spent a fair but on those nutrients and as much as i detest AN nutrients they do work when used as directed. So using those up while reading up on other nutrients and making an informed decision on them just makes sense to me.
very well said, that's what i am planning to do, i do detest AN too,they feel like cheesy salesmen especially back in the day... i just started with them on soil, found steady success,never looked elsewhere,i will give it a shot and see where i go from there, hopefully with y'all guys help i will go where i need to go <3
As you can see GH works very well also. Dynagrow is another simple 1 part liquid nutrient there is another that just slips my mind that is a one part also.

I think most land on dry ferts in the end after understanding nutrients more and the extra cost you pay for water and convenience.… which is not a bad thing when starting out as there is enough to learn already.

They all work but some are just better suited to certain needs. Most ppl go through a few different nutrients to find the one that works best for them
dynagrow doesnt exist here...im in south europe,i don't mind the extra cost, i use very little nutes, i'll opt for the easy way for now and i will keep educating myself...thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom