Philips 3k Vs Philips 4k Cmh In Flower

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Do you find the 4k works better for full cycle or it is good to mix it with 3k to veg and 4k to flower? I was tempted to change my light but it is sufficient. I might reduce to a 3 x 3 tent (actually 1 square meter which is 39 x 39) and then the water res can move outside and it is all plants. 4 in autopots in a 1m x 1m filling the space in 4 weeks of veg. I like the way the CMH works a lot.

gwheels

gwheels

In my 4 x 4 the 315 gets me to 25.7 celcius (78F) max. I am loathe to add to the light because it is a sweet spot for temp. But I might just get another timber for my small tent and put the 200 watts of vero in there and i can cover the 4 x 4 with the wattage. The timber dimmer makes it possible to go from 400 to 515 watts of growing power so i might have to keep everything :D I just need a new 4k bulb and a small quantum board for my tiny tent.

And I think I can get a pound when i nail it. And for personal I like about 10 oz per cycle so i can make really strong coconut oil.

S

Smigel24

15 days from flip

Few pics from tonight
Controller set to 84*, 1000ppm co2
Rh avg 65-70% lights out, 65% lights on.
Need to set up my deheuy in 3 weeks. I don' really worry about rh or lowering temps until the buds start to fill out (week 5ish). Net went up tonight. I'l
Tuck a few tall ones and hope to even it out a bit more.

I still believe the 4k lights run cooler (less a.c. usage), less stretch, and closer nodes than the 3k. As far as yields, still 8 weeks away, then cure, so about 11 weeks.

View attachment 758357 View attachment 758358 View attachment 758359
I was running a single 3100k for 5 weeks in flower and the buds are very sticky looks good but small so i put a 630 cmh with 2 42k to c wat that does

W

whocares

Your plants won' veg like normal with the 3k bulb. You want 4k veg, 3k flower, or 4k start to chip. Not 3k start to chop.

whats your opinion on running mixed spectrum. I had

2 gavita 750
2 dimlux 630 3k

like this
D-D
G-G
D-D

I really liked the hps/cmh mix. It crushed. but I didn't like the gavitas in the middle because the ceilings are short and the gavita vertical ballast was killing my canopy height.

So I expanded my room, moved the gavitas off by themselves and im only running short strains under them.

So I needed 2 more lights to replace the gavitas and really wanted to gain some ceiling height with a shield/ballast combo that fits between the rafters like the dimlux do. Im not really digging the issues with them (a ballast went out on one they did replace but it was a pain) so I wanted something else.

I chose luxx cmh and they suggested the 4k bulbs. I thought the 3k were for flower but now after reading your comment im thinking maybe the 4k was a good suggestion.

like this

3=3K cmh
4=4K cmh
H=hps

3-3
4-4-H
3-3-H

The gavitas now sit on the other side of a huge ceiling joist so their a few feet farther away. Do you think the mix of the 4k spectrum between the 3k bulbs will help with a couple weeks of veg before flipping. I thought my veg was kind of weird last round and now im wondering if it was because a big chunk of the room was all 3k cmh.

Last edited:
D

Deviant1

Mixed spectrum is the way to go if possible
I was just asking about this. I think I'm going to just mix them and I can see mix, 3100, and 4200k results! Awesome! I'm assuming you end up with a quality over quantity kind of deal?

H

Hwmpunk

Mixed spectrum is the way to go if possible
Why are your bulbs so close together? Seems the hoods are basically touching when they should be 3-4 feet apart. They should also be 18-24" min from the canopy. Did you do lumen or par test after stretch? That's where the fox tail is coming from.

Did you try dual spectrum in each hood btw, and also did you discover that 3k is better to flower than purely 4k?

Top Bottom