• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Phosphorus deficiency or calcium deficiency maybe

Phosphorus deficiency or calcium deficiency maybe 2
Phosphorus deficiency or calcium deficiency maybe 3

Phosphorus deficiency or calcium deficiency maybe 4

No sooner than I get the mother healthy now I have 3 clones all taken together the first week of December with spots.

Bagseed strain but hardy and takes a lot of abuse. This plant and clones seems a little more Sativa than Indica but it’s hard to say as I make them bushy. Mothers fine and in flower.

Clones where all fine 3 - 4 days ago when I gave them about 500ml each of wormcast tea with molasses. Then gave them about 300ml each of FFGB & FFTB mixed at 10ml of each in 8L yesterday. (I’ve been giving them the leftovers from feeding the mother the last two weeks.) PH would be about 6.3 each feeding. Soil is still damp from last feeding. Some roots poke out bottom of soft pot. No runoff. Space is 3’x1’x4’. RH usually 65% with temp about 25.

Also put an old motorcycle cargo net over them last week as a SCROG. Did a bit of leaf damage but nothing I’d worry about. However the net isn’t exactly clean. Just dusty. Not a big deal but worth noting.

Small to larger areas on mid level or higher leaves are all getting brown burn marks. Looks like a scabby knee scrape. On all 3 clones. But one only a little.

I’m assuming it’s from touching or rubbing the net but could be Phosphorus Deficiency Or Calcium Deficiency. Maybe burn from watering with fertilizer.

Too new to know for sure so looking for better educated opinions.

Trixie

Trixie

An increase in water temperature promotes the release of phosphorus, that is, it increases the release rate. If you use "cold water" or have "cold soil" the phosphorus uptake will be limited. Also, the gas exchange or water transpiration will be limited as well as the nutrients you listed above.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you have proper ventilation?
top layer shouldnt be too moist the next day what substrate are you using
might seem silly but if you rub the brown spots to does residue come off onto you finger?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

An increase in water temperature promotes the release of phosphorus, that is, it increases the release rate. If you use "cold water" or have "cold soil" the phosphorus uptake will be limited. Also, the gas exchange or water transpiration will be limited as well as the nutrients you listed above.
Currently the water is basement room temperature. Tap water that sits for 24h or more. Guessing it’s 18*c but will check. Soil in the pots I have no idea. I’ll have to see if I have a thermometer. Zone temp is usually 25*c.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

you have proper ventilation?
top layer shouldnt be too moist the next day what substrate are you using
might seem silly but if you rub the brown spots to does residue come off onto you finger?
It’s a tight space that usually seems good for air flow. One flap is always half open. And I have a small fan keeping air circulation.

When the net went on I think the fan made things a little crispy so I moved it the next day.

I’ll check the brown spots for residue but just looks dried out.

Soil was still very damp yesterday. But no dripping or sitting water.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

It seems at times late at night its gotten at least to 18c last week due to cold snaps in this zone of the tent.

Not a problem for the mother as she’s on 12/12 and lights on at night but the clones are on 6/2 and dark a few hours as well as sitting on the floor. (Carpet, tent, & clear cheap saucer before concrete.)

I’ve taken them out of the tent and trimmed off the worse of the leaves before putting two back. Only the one seems really bad so it’s sitting near the heat vent until bedtime. It’s under a big spot light just so it doesn’t change light cycles.

Brown spots don’t have any powder or residue. The spots sort of can be seen from the back side of the leaf. Like oil on paper.

Can’t upload again, parsing error. Pics later.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

970260AB 84A6 4124 8283 4F104595FAA3
4E68B291 BE30 40BA 9A1A 0639EA97D062
9B10C901 24CD 4D89 B4A9 BB5414611F97
3182FF37 AB40 405E B47F 2E3F189E4E59

These are the pics for above as promised. Sorry for the wait. 😟

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Unless advised otherwise my plan is to wait until they dry and then just water. Maybe 30ml epsom to 4L water. (I have GreenPlanet Pro Cal but never used it.)

Only the one that’s still damp looks bad. I’ll be leaving her alone and keeping the room warmer tonight.

Circulation fan is still off as the leaves look dry and crispy in places. Got that twist or bend leaves get from to much or to cold wind.

Also moved light higher as the plants have about doubled in hight and got close. It was dimmed low to 7700-8700 LUX. So I don’t think it could burn the leaves. I can touch the light when it’s on so it’s low.

Soil is Sunshine mix #4 with worm castings and maybe a bit of 4-4-4. Don’t recall ATM.

Trixie

Trixie

You probably don't need cal mag if you are using tap water that is high in calcium. If your tap is over 150 ppm that may be your problem with your leaves. Your water is too hard causing leaf bronzing.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You probably don't need cal mag if you are using tap water that is high in calcium. If your tap is over 150 ppm that may be your problem with your leaves. Your water is too hard causing leaf bronzing.
IIRC tap is about 150-180 ppm. My note books not handy. I DL a PDF a while back with the city’s water breakdown. I’ll need to check it again. Or DL again.

Also noticed a sheen on some leaves. Like when the buds and sugar leaves drip onto other leaves. Just assumed it was sweating or from epsom foliar a while back.

This “rash” happened in about 48h. Is mostly on the middle leaves and a few on top of the damp one.

Only time I’ve seen anything like it was when perfume got sprayed on a plant. If it wasn’t for the yellowing I’d think the cargo net had chemical or oil on it and I rubbed it on them putting it up.

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

looks like your watering too frequently?
I wondered if I accidentally fed the one in the middle twice, as it was twice as heavy as the other two pots.

I tend to neglect the plants waiting in pre-veg until the 3x3 is free. Low light, low feeding, longer watering periods. But after my under-watering of the mother plant maybe I’ve over done it.

Giving mothers leftover tea & feeding to the clones in the same week was probably it then. To much nutes, water, & colder temps?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Took the 3 clones out again today. Two need water and the sickly one still feels like it was already watered. Weighs about the same as the watered pots.

Opened zone door at noon:
Zone RH 67%
Zone Temp 17*c
Water temp was 20.2*c & PH 6.2

Light was moved higher yesterday so turned it up today to the next marker. (Less than 50% I believe but need to get a LUX reading later as dimmer has no info or numbering.)That should help with heat a bit.

Any chance it got light burn being close to the LED even at low power? Talking a few inches but between 7700-8800 LUX.

We’ll see tomorrow I guess. Need her to dry out first.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

so what are we thinking here, excess nutes causing burn isnt unlikely if you fed twice, or even too high dose why are you feeding runoff to other plants bro, combination of p and k burn by the looks of it.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

so what are we thinking here, excess nutes causing burn isnt unlikely if you fed twice,
It’s a guess because the pot is twice as heavy and I can see a mistake happening when watering after 7pm.

The long neck watering can I use gets lost in the foliage when doing the back two pots. It’s also hard to find the edge of one soft pot next to another just by touch. If I missed that explains a lot.

or even too high dose why are you feeding runoff to other plants bro, combination of p and k burn by the looks of it.
I’m not feeding runoff. I gave them the last of the food I made for the mother in another section. Just wormcast tea with epsom & later Foxfarm. Nothing used, just leftovers. Needed the container and they hadn’t been fed in a while.

Like I said, two seem fine now after a warm day and just water but this one is still sickly.

At this point I’m blaming me. Burning them over feeding. And the one getting major overfed/watered. Karma for being lazy feeding them. (I’ve been sick since the weekend.)

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

the plant that is saturated in a nutrient solution is the one giving problem?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

the plant that is saturated in a nutrient solution is the one giving problem?
All where, but i believe it was double fed in error. Only reason I could come up with for the pot weight. The other two pots weighed half as much.

Do plants stop drinking water if sick? In only 48h since last checked? I’m not experienced enough to know.

My wife and I are sick as dogs so my attendance will be low the next few days.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

D1F2D264 CF1E 41AE BE38 0770A6626D49

Back two seem much better today. Same with sickly one up front. Gave it 1L water as it was dry today. Nothing else. Top leaves look better I think. Need to get back to bed. L8r

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

E0457915 4096 4060 893F B9F83B310870
94FBFD02 4201 4AD4 96F5 EBC27A53797C

As of today the two back plants seem fine other than some burnt leaves.

The front plant, which probably got a double feeding, is starting to grow and looking better. Fan seems to be giving it leaf curl but it’s looking much better.

All I’ve done is give them water, time and trimmed a few bad leaves.

So I believe this was my fault rather than normal growing pains. I did however learn that in 24/48 hours an over feeding can be devastating and look like deficiency.

Top Bottom