Phytotoxicity - HELP

• Thread starter dylanfreak007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dylanfreak007

Hi there.

I totally f*@ked myself. I made a number of idiot mistakes applying Fungicide3 to battle thripps - I did not do test patch, it was too hot, too late in day, shouldve used ladybugs, etc...

Woke up today to pretty serious phytotoxicity on portions of my 6 outdoor plants (they're 4-6 feet). I trimmed em, came home later and even more of each was browning, trimmed them again. Theyre starting to look skeletal.

Any suggestions for turning things around?

Please help!!

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Welcome to the farm,
Soudns like ou are having some serious issues throw up some picture!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
D

dylanfreak007

I do not need help diagnosing. Pics irrelevant. If you have experience treating phototoxicity, I'd appreciate some advice.

D

dylanfreak007

Ugh. I don't need a bunch of gawkers replying 'Yeah that's phototoxicity all right' or 'Actually I think it's (blank)'.

If you have knowledge of how to help a plant after experienced phototoxicity, I'd appreciate some insight.

Was looks ng for an article on treating phototoxicity but haven't found anything.

D

dylanfreak007

To be clear my questions are 'Dibi
Hey guys we have a master here he clearly does not need our help...Pics are IRRELEVEANT LOL

Additionally I've pruned most affected leaves already so there isn't anything to see.

D

dylanfreak007

To be specific, here's what I am looking to know:

Will partially damaged leaves recover?

Will the plant survive having lost a decent bit of foliage?

Any suggestions to reverse damage (ie. foliar feeding)?

TY

Wristle

Wristle

You might get help this way...

Or you could post some pictures and give some details about your grow and I'm more than sure someone will help you out. Who knows, maybe they'll catch something you've missed.

Give a little, get a lot.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

It’s simple how damaged are the leaves?
can you send a pic to let us see the extent of the damage?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You know how many times I have heard this is my issue and then it's nothing even close to that issue?

Where on the plants was this phototoxicity? What signs did you see that lead you to believe that's the case?

Just like anything. Garbage info in provides garbage info out. Judging by your questions this is your first grow. And while you may have scoured the internet of absolute truth to come to your conclusion ppl like myself and others here like to give answers after getting a good amount of info (pic included) to provide you the most accurate and best advice. If you don't wanna help yourself and welcome uneducated feedback then keep on searching the internet of truth because your not going to get a proper diagnosis and treatment without the proper information

D

dylanfreak007

Or you could post some pictures and give some details about your grow and I'm more than sure someone will help you out. Who knows, maybe they'll catch something you've missed.

Not looking for help with my grow.

Looking to know "How - if at all - does one treat phototoxicity?"

Real simple.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

To be specific, here's what I am looking to know:

Will partially damaged leaves recover?

Will the plant survive having lost a decent bit of foliage?

Any suggestions to reverse damage (ie. foliar feeding)?

TY
Question 1. No
Question 2. Maybe
Question 3. No you cannot reverse damage. But you can stop it from progressing.

D

dylanfreak007

It’s simple how damaged are the leaves?
can you send a pic to let us see the extent of the damage?
They were all over the place. Some are completely green still. Others were 100% browned and wilted and have been removed. Some have a few brown spots, some have a decent section of brown. The brown is rust colored.

In general, I can tell whether a leaf will make it, I'm wondering ---- Will brownness caused by phototoxicity spread, or is it static once damage is done?

D

dylanfreak007

Question 1. No
Question 2. Maybe
Question 3. No you cannot reverse damage. But you can stop it from progressing.
Finally a real answer, THANK YOU!

Any tips to stop progression? I've hosed them down a few times and done an extra watering.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not looking for help with my grow.

Looking to know "How - if at all - does one treat phototoxicity?"

Real simple.
I'm just gonna say it. If it's real simple why ask? There can be many reasons for it but of course you don't know this. There are reasons they can handle more light and reason why they can't. It's not a simple answer to your simple question.

And you not gonna get any decent help with the attitude of I need help but know it all. I can tell you right now your in over your head by the questions asked and your refusal to accept what ppl are telling you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They were all over the place. Some are completely green still. Others were 100% browned and wilted and have been removed. Some have a few brown spots, some have a decent section of brown. The brown is rust colored.

In general, I can tell whether a leaf will make it, I'm wondering ---- Will brownness caused by phototoxicity spread, or is it static once damage is done?
See that's not phototoxicity. So either provide info and pics or continue having issues.

Again it's NOT phototoxicity

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Finally a real answer, THANK YOU!

Any tips to stop progression? I've hosed them down a few times and done an extra watering.
No I'm not handing out garbage info. With no clue of what's been going on or pics I'm flying blind so not idea how to fix your issue. But it's not what you say it is.

D

dylanfreak007

You know how many times I have heard this is my issue and then it's nothing even close to that issue?

Where on the plants was this phototoxicity? What signs did you see that lead you to believe that's the case?

Just like anything. Garbage info in provides garbage info out. Judging by your questions this is your first grow. And while you may have scoured the internet of absolute truth to come to your conclusion ppl like myself and others here like to give answers after getting a good amount of info (pic included) to provide you the most accurate and best advice. If you don't wanna help yourself and welcome uneducated feedback then keep on searching the internet of truth because your not going to get a proper diagnosis and treatment without the proper information
I get it, but I dont want to write a novel.
Pretty sure I gave a good accounting of relevant info in my first post.
First experience with phototoxicity and could find surprisingly little about how to treat it, even in Jorge's Bible.
Anyways, thanks for the direct answers to my direct questions, you confirmed my suspicions.

Top Bottom