Phytotoxicity - HELP

• Thread starter dylanfreak007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I get it, but I dont want to write a novel.
Pretty sure I gave a good accounting of relevant info in my first post.
First experience with phototoxicity and could find surprisingly little about how to treat it, even in Jorge's Bible.
Anyways, thanks for the direct answers to my direct questions, you confirmed my suspicions.
Because it's not phototoxicity bro. It's a nutrient issue from a blind guess but as to why I have not a clue

D

dylanfreak007

No I'm not handing out garbage info. With no clue of what's been going on or pics I'm flying blind so not idea how to fix your issue. But it's not what you say it is.
Completely healthy plants on Friday night, aside from some white spots that I attributed to mites or thripps.

Like an IDIOT I sprayed Fungicide3 ALL OVER the plants, as high as I can reach. A few I sprayed more than the rest. It was hot and humid. -- ALL OF THIS WAS IN MY ORIGINAL POST

12 hours later, plants were DEVESTATED. They looked like they were dying. They are outdoors and had ~3 hours of good morning sun when I first saw them. I pruned but did not hose them down. When I got back 5 hours later, even more dying and browning. The tops of plants were largely fine, and the side facing away from sun were suffering less. The two plants I sprayed most heavily and the one that is most dense were the worst off.

I read quite a bit before posting and what I'm nearly certain happened phototoxicity caused by residual chemicals on leaves.

I'm not doing pics because I dont have a camera im using a laptop. Addiditonally, I was hoping to save us all a bunch of time diagnosing and just cut to the chase, but whatevs.

D

dylanfreak007

I'm just gonna say it. If it's real simple why ask? There can be many reasons for it but of course you don't know this. There are reasons they can handle more light and reason why they can't. It's not a simple answer to your simple question.

And you not gonna get any decent help with the attitude of I need help but know it all. I can tell you right now your in over your head by the questions asked and your refusal to accept what ppl are telling you.
I think you might be assuming I'm growing indoors...?

I was PLENTY self-deprecating in my original post, why the negativity? I wasnt interested in a long communication.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Completely healthy plants on Friday night, aside from some white spots that I attributed to mites or thripps.

Like an IDIOT I sprayed Fungicide3 ALL OVER the plants, as high as I can reach. A few I sprayed more than the rest. It was hot and humid. -- ALL OF THIS WAS IN MY ORIGINAL POST

12 hours later, plants were DEVESTATED. They looked like they were dying. They are outdoors and had ~3 hours of good morning sun when I first saw them. I pruned but did not hose them down. When I got back 5 hours later, even more dying and browning. The tops of plants were largely fine, and the side facing away from sun were suffering less. The two plants I sprayed most heavily and the one that is most dense were the worst off.

I read quite a bit before posting and what I'm nearly certain happened phototoxicity caused by residual chemicals on leaves.

I'm not doing pics because I dont have a camera im using a laptop. Addiditonally, I was hoping to save us all a bunch of time diagnosing and just cut to the chase, but whatevs.
Well that's likely your answer. Cooked em with the spray. Plants driven hard by light in a very stressed situation. Stomata close and stops transpiring. Wilts and plant does get nutrients because no transpiration. So you start seeing deficiency and cooked leaves.

Should probably rinse it off, put it in the shade of outside. If inside lower the light intensity by atleast half and up the humidity until it recovers.

This is a best guess. I can't confirm bugs or what I say so use info at your own risk.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think you might be assuming I'm growing indoors...?

I was PLENTY self-deprecating in my original post, why the negativity? I wasnt interested in a long communication.
There answered no hostility. Just see an abrasive attitude that falls inline with what we call askholes and entitlement to an answer while being argumentative. So there is an answer and I think I'm just done. Diagnosis and treatment take conversation. So sorry you had to type to get a best guess. I won't ask you to communicate anymore.

Madbud

Madbud

Shade the plants

D

dylanfreak007

Well that's likely your answer. Cooked em with the spray. Plants driven hard by light in a very stressed situation. Stomata close and stops transpiring. Wilts and plant does get nutrients because no transpiration. So you start seeing deficiency and cooked leaves.

Should probably rinse it off, put it in the shade of outside. If inside lower the light intensity by atleast half and up the humidity until it recovers.

This is a best guess. I can't confirm bugs or what I say so use info at your own risk.
For the record, phototoxicity is a broad term involving light burn that INCLUDES light-enhanced chemical burns.

So it was photoxicity after all.

Thank you.

D

dylanfreak007

There answered no hostility. Just see an abrasive attitude that falls inline with what we call askholes and entitlement to an answer while being argumentative. So there is an answer and I think I'm just done. Diagnosis and treatment take conversation. So sorry you had to type to get a best guess. I won't ask you to communicate anymore.
I felt no entitlement to any answers from anyone and I was at no point looking for diagnosis.

I fully expected to get no responses at all, anyone who responded did so of their own free will.

If someone is going to answer, they should answer the question as it was presented, not prod me for pics so that everyone can gawk and have a big nine page pow-wow filling their quarantine time by tossing hypothothese back and forth.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I felt no entitlement to any answers from anyone and I was at no point looking for diagnosis.

I fully expected to get no responses at all, anyone who responded did so of their own free will.

If someone is going to answer, they should answer the question as it was presented, not prod me for pics so that everyone can gawk and have a big nine page pow-wow filling their quarantine time by tossing hypothothese back and forth.
Definition of askhole ^^^

D

dylanfreak007

That's for the education kid 👍 only you are wrong again

See definition two.

pho·to·tox·ic | \ ˌfō-tō-ˈtäk-sik \
Definition of phototoxic

1: rendering the skin susceptible to damage (such as sunburn or blisters) upon exposure to light and especially ultraviolet lightphototoxic antibiotics
2: induced by a phototoxic substance

D

dylanfreak007

Definition of askhole ^^^
Glad to help you actually put it into words!

If your dont welcome askholes, perhaps your Forum should require folks be Members for a few months or make other community contributions before they can Post.

This was my first time on this website, I thought what I was doing - asking a quick question - was what the Forum group I posted on was created for. Instead Im met with negativity and name calling.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See definition two.

pho·to·tox·ic | \ ˌfō-tō-ˈtäk-sik \
Definition of phototoxic

1: rendering the skin susceptible to damage (such as sunburn or blisters) upon exposure to light and especially ultraviolet lightphototoxic antibiotics
2: induced by a phototoxic substance
Your spray was not photoxic... sigh.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Glad to help you actually put it into words!

If your dont welcome askholes, perhaps your Forum should require folks be Members for a few months or make other community contributions before they can Post.

This was my first time on this website, I thought what I was doing - asking a quick question - was what the Forum group I posted on was created for. Instead Im met with negativity and name calling.
No you came in here with a piss poor know it all attitude towards long time members trying to aid YOU with YOUR problem, Argumentative and entitled and easy to see to anyone that can read. You asked a question which required more info then proceeded to argue that they didn't. You are wrong in your diagnosis and seem to think your right. Now if you don't like a site that has knowledgeable members that don't want to give bad advice then go elsewhere. I can make that easy for you if you like?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Or the user :P
Yea, that would be my advice too, rinse off and let them rest, even if it means hitting them again in full light with pure water, (because you cannot remove them to shade, ie planted in ground) you need to get those "dissolved solids" off the plant surface, as it's turning them the opposite direction. I would advise "shaking" what water you can off them, so they simply don't bake. I'm assuming your in a really hot climate right now.

Should be a lesson learned here. Never spray shit on your plants in full sunlight, that's sorta a no brainer but sorry to hear you had to learn it this way.

They will bounce back from it though, so don't get all distressed about it, there's nothing you can do about this kind of thing after the fact, and beating yourself up about it, doesn't help things. Learn from it, and move on.

Edit: After reading though all of this drama, I'm left with this. There's a process here. Op comes in here thinking he can just pop out a quick question and get a quick answer. He's an established grower (or thinks so, but makes a very rookie error and hurts his plants) Too proud to share that "little" screw-up with everyone, and wants to cut to the chase.

Back to the process at play here: Without information, you can't really get advice here. Nobody here is a walking encyclopedia on all things growing, there's ton's and ton's of information to learn. It would take a lifetime for even the most genius people to have understanding on every possible component to cannabis, or horticulture, simply put, it's impossible to spout off every answer, for every question posed (without supporting information)

Plus, anyone capable of doing such, is not going to be lurking on these forums, waiting to supply all the answers everyone thinks their entitled too in here. We are very fortunate to have a solid group of dedicated individuals that contribute to these forums, as it's invaluable beyond comprehension.

Last edited:
Top Bottom