Picking up used system

• Thread starter mrconfident714
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrconfident714

Hello all you UC users,

I am a soon to be UC user myself. I've been following a few journals of others here who also use the UC systems, looks like alot of people are getting great results with it. I am looking to join myself.

I am about to go check out a used UC System 4XXL13, I am still a young jedi trying to hone my skills, so I have lots to learn. My question is, what should I look for while checking out the system? I don't know too much about the system...does anyone have a parts list that they can share with me? The guy I am buying this from says he's only used it for about 3 months, he's throwing in 2 1/10 HP chiller, one is a Ecoplus and I believe he said the other is a Polar Bear 1/10 HP Chiller. The entire system is gonna run me $950....

Do you guys think I should jump on this or is it safer to purchase the system brand new? Are there parts that need to be replaced after each usage? And if so, are those parts readily available off the shelf type parts?

I am sooo excited to get started! :party0042: Please comment! Thanks

B

bluewaves

jump on it bro! and its come wit chillers thats a deal

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

its worth way more than 950, everyone here will tell you that!

F

f1ydave

Its only a 4 bucket system. You only need 1 chiller with that, so take it and sell 1 chiller.

As far as cleaning, you should buy 35% hydrogen peroxide and wash it out with a bottle brush. Flush it afterwards and I would wait 24-48 hours before adding nutes or plants to the system to let any leftover peroxide evaporate.

F

FatFreddysKat

Check all the orifices for cracks/cracking on the buckets, make sure the uniseals are in good shape, check air pump (turn it on while you are there)and then make sure you have cold hard cash to get it!!!!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

The only parts I would change every grow are the air stones thats about it

M

mrconfident714

Thanks for the input guys, I ended up picking up the system. Don't know if I'll use it right away. I'll post some pics soon. Thanks agian

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

One warning from an oldtimer. Be careful with that 35% peroxide u get a drop of that in your eye it quite possibly could blind you. Its no fun to get on your skin either. I used if for years and now I just by the safe shit from walgreens 89cents a bottle.

B

Bobby Smith

One warning from an oldtimer. Be careful with that 35% peroxide u get a drop of that in your eye it quite possibly could blind you. Its no fun to get on your skin either. I used if for years and now I just by the safe shit from walgreens 89cents a bottle.

You should wear gloves while handling; I'm an arrogant prick so didn't bother heeding warnings of people and used it with no protection until I burned the shit outta my hand with it.

It's weird, burns your skin and bleaches it white..........again, use gloves and be careful when handling that shit.

Aligee

Aligee

Where in the world is anyone getting this 35% stuff?

usually have gallon jugs at the hydro/garden stores " mad farmer " is one brand that has 35% its def strong becareful ive been burnt/bleached like others have mentioned imo just use physan 20 i love that stuff!!! good luck bro =)

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Gloves. F your hands my hands are already screwed. You should be tellin people to where goggles. or how bout using a safe effective alternative.

Top Bottom