Pictures And Questions.

• Thread starter CanuckBass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CanuckBass

I have a couple stavias grow ii ng outside. When I planted them I knew nothing about strains and about growing pot in general. Did alot of reading here and have learned tons. Thank you to those who take the time to time share.
The plants are monsters, the taller of the 2 is just over 11'. Beautiful fruity smell and some nice colors on a few of the buds. They are a dark purple. I have a jewellers eye piece and can see the trichomes are still clear. The pistils have just started to turn color this week on Monday but most of them have not. My big 64million dollar question is....In general once the pitiless turn color how long will it be before the trichomes turn milky? Are we talking a few days ,week or weeks? I started them inside in early April and started them in Rubbermaid boxes but the dang things got so big I had to move them out of sight so I cut out the sides of the container and then dug holes in the ground and put bags of pro mix in and around the containers.
I'm located west of Ottawa and east of Toronto Canada.

Pictures and questions
Pictures and questions 2
Pictures and questions 3
Pictures and questions 4
Pictures and questions 5
C

CanuckBass

One more question, I have no ideal what strain of stavia except that the seeds came from bagseed in Jamica. Any educated guesses out there?

Madbud

Madbud

Not a real clear picture but that “purple” might be mold. Is it dry and crumbly?

Reactions: Ina
C

CanuckBass

No not crumbly. There are 3 or 4 branches that have been that color since it was 3' tall. I'm guessing just a pheno type. Definitely wrong climate but like I said in my intro I really had no ideal about anything. I've learned alot reading here. How long does it take for the trichomes to rum run milky once the pitils start changing color?

C

CanuckBass

Oh it's healthy. All the new growth on the particular branch has grown like that since the start. It's a pretty cool looking bud. Wish my phone camera could get better shots

Toaster79

Toaster79

Oh it's healthy. All the new growth on the particular branch has grown like that since the start. It's a pretty cool looking bud. Wish my phone camera could get better shots

Sorry man but that purple part of the bud looks anything but healthy

C

CanuckBass

The twisted leaves turned like that in the torrential.rain and wind we had along with a cold front. Most habe turned back over. It does bug me too but not much I can do about it

Toaster79

Toaster79

If you get constant winds you could build them a cover with two sticks and a plane tied to them from the side and if you get misty/foggy mornings put one above their head.

Madbud

Madbud

Iphones have a magnifier in settings, i don’t know about androids.

C

CanuckBass

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look on the app store for Android. The wind break is a good suggestion however I should be alright as it was just a real bad few days of hurricane related weather.

C

CanuckBass

Thanks, interesting read. I have no clue what it is but did throw a post on that thread with a picture

C

CanuckBass

Well it might not have been the wrong climate for the genetics. I know the climate in Jamaica is no where near what it is here but this summer was one hot one and the plant finished up nice. Trichs were 75% milky the rest clear and the odd amber one. The colder weather here from the past couple weeks including 2 Frost's brought out the purple like you wouldn't believe. Big long thick buds. Chopped it last night and it's all hanging in the garage now. Here's a nice picture from yesterday afternoon
Received 2328202667407515 1540167845984

Sure looks so with those twisted leaves. Wrong climate for those genetics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom