Pictures Of Removed Leaves/buds With Something Wrong

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

Hello
Just want to share this
I was looking for worm poop in my plants, and i caught this on my Skunk 1.
Pictures of removed leavesbuds with something wrong

Looks very strange, i guess its mold from poop?
Pictures of removed leavesbuds with something wrong 2
Pictures of removed leavesbuds with something wrong 3

Also found some buds with poop. I guess its better to remove them, since last year ALL my plant began to die from this. Probably.

I really dont like to be opening the buds with my hands, looking for shit in them. But its necessary.
I dont have to be much worried, do I?

mdmazing

mdmazing

Wow, this is serious! I found even more of this in another plant. What's strange is that i found a lot of this in a much smaller plant, i dont understand how is this possible. Even with a lot of spraying in them...
She got this in a lof of leaves:
IMG 20160921 1405371
IMG 20160921 1405581
IMG 20160921 1407471
IMG 20160921 1408181

Its mold right?
She is also displaying other symptoms of something:
IMG 20160921 1405111
IMG 20160921 1405221

Any input is very appreciated!
This one has a lot of this already. Maybe is because she is in a much smaller container?
This is a Sterling Haze on week 5 of 11 of flowering. I feed her Bio-Bloom (2-7-4) in every watering, everyday 2,5liters of water. She is outside
I will have to go read about mold and what could this be.

PS - 88% humidity in my town right now...

Last edited:
mdmazing

mdmazing

One more question:
Do you think I should wait for lower humidity to spray the plants? I am reading that things like milk, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and neem are helpful, and i have all this.
The thing is, the humidity is very high.
Also, i will defoliate the plants a lot for prevention...

MeJuana

MeJuana

What am I looking at is it a powdery white substance or am I missing what you are showing me? If it is powdery mildew I possibly see that on the leaf and that is quite common in growing. I absolutely hate powdery mildew it makes the weed taste weird, hurts yields. Powdery Mildew has caused me to remove my entire garden more than once.

Largo, Florida comes to mind. (scary how close my guess was? laugh) I have no experience growing in such high humidity but my instinct is to change the pH of the leaves so mold/mildew can't form there. Epsom salt.

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

Peroxide water will help take it off but won't kill it and can make your weed taste like spices. Alcohol water will kill it but might hurt the crystals and/or hairs if mixed too strongly. Milk is for in veg do not spray your buds with it unless you want to taste rotting milk, same with neem but different bad taste.

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

And normally yes I would wait for humidity to drop but wait to long and your screwed. If you can run a fan on it after you spray it'll help to dry it

mdmazing

mdmazing

What am I looking at is it a powdery white substance or am I missing what you are showing me? If it is powdery mildew I possibly see that on the leaf and that is quite common in growing. I absolutely hate powdery mildew it makes the weed taste weird, hurts yields. Powdery Mildew has caused me to remove my entire garden more than once.

Largo, Florida comes to mind. (scary how close my guess was? laugh) I have no experience growing in such high humidity but my instinct is to change the pH of the leaves so mold/mildew can't form there. Epsom salt.
Yes, its the powdery mildew.
Actually i am in Europe xD 61ÂşF , 94% humidity.

At least its not very warm for the mold to get strong...

Peroxide water will help take it off but won't kill it and can make your weed taste like spices. Alcohol water will kill it but might hurt the crystals and/or hairs if mixed too strongly. Milk is for in veg do not spray your buds with it unless you want to taste rotting milk, same with neem but different bad taste.
I just sprayed with neem... I have to spray with water before harvest then. No milk, good.
Going to try spraying H2O2 in a few days if it comes back, Jorge Cervantes use that also.

Is this outdoor?What humidity was your room if not?
Its outdoor. I havent been controlling humidity, but today was 85%-95%...

Natural

Natural

Get some Horsetail dried herbs (Equisetum arvense)..I think it grows wild near you or some from wholesale herb supplier.
Boil 1 litre of water..then turn off the heat. Add 1 ounce of dried Horsetail..let stew for 10-15 minutes. Strain and add enough water to make 3.5-3.75 litres and spray plants in the morning. Use 3 days in a row and then once per week until harvest.
It's a very cheap and very effective method to control powdery mildew.
You can keep leftovers in the refrigerator for a few days..or just halve the recipe and use it all up.
PM usually happens as the night time temps start to drop and the moisture in the air condenses and gets the plants wet

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Powdery mildew 1 tablespoon baking soda to 1 gallon water 1 drop dish soap. The baking soda kills the mildew changes the ph level of the leaves to 7.0. Which in turn helps her fight the mildew invasion.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Get some Horsetail dried herbs (Equisetum arvense)..I think it grows wild near you or some from wholesale herb supplier.
Boil 1 litre of water..then turn off the heat. Add 1 ounce of dried Horsetail..let stew for 10-15 minutes. Strain and add enough water to make 3.5-3.75 litres and spray plants in the morning. Use 3 days in a row and then once per week until harvest.
It's a very cheap and very effective method to control powdery mildew.
You can keep leftovers in the refrigerator for a few days..or just halve the recipe and use it all up.
PM usually happens as the night time temps start to drop and the moisture in the air condenses and gets the plants wet
a person could walk to the corner store and also spray plants with baking soda and water any alkaline ph even ph up will work and make it hospitable for mildew to grow
but at the end of the day its a measure to control the Fungi disease once a plant has it your better of controlling it , but looking for another strain cause if you take clones chances are they will carry the fungi microbes way i say it its attached to the strain
It can spread quick once harvested if indoor complete tear down and sterilization is in order and NEW strain

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
a person could walk to the corner store and also spray plants with baking soda and water any alkaline ph even ph up will work and make it hospitable for mildew to grow
but at the end of the day its a measure to control the Fungi disease once a plant has it your better of controlling it , but looking for another strain cause if you take clones chances are they will carry the fungi microbes way i say it its attached to the strain
It can spread quick once harvested if indoor complete tear down and sterilization is in order and NEW strain
exactly, my strawberry caugh, it always kicks in at week 4 of flower so I manage it till harvest. I've had it, I'm done with her but she's so sweet and it's the only smoke my wife prefers. Here she is harvest tomorrow.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

try some horsetail tea..pound is like 10 bucks..it works very well
The only 100 percent true way to rid powdery mildew is a Sulfur burner all the above is control any plant that has this problem should be destroyed

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Won't work in flower, burns the shit out of everything. I don't agree on destroying the plant at this point. If I can manage the contamination and it's not spreding to other strains then the mildew is contained to that strain why not manage it. But your point is well taken.

mdmazing

mdmazing

Just sprayed h2o2 all over them (1/4 3% h2o2 water, and 3/4 tap water). i have a fan doing wind, and its sunny now.

Today i pretend to go buy horsetail and baking soda. Maybe try each one on a different plant and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the help. I am alone in this, so i panic very easily xD When i see something wrong with the plants i think "fuck this, fuck everything, i will give up on the plants and smoke a huge hash bowl to forget"

mdmazing

mdmazing

I doubt you will be able to find horsetail at a store brother. You may be able to find it on ebay under scouring rush or horsetail but you may be able to find it in the wild.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equisetum_telmateia
I've had it in tea, so i am sure some stores sell it. Maybe its more expensive because its in "tea" form... :S i will have to see. i will call a couple stores, because online it should take its time. (I found it, two shops have it near me, 1,70 euro for 50 grams)

The strange thing about this powdery mildew, is that i didnt see much of it in the leaves themselfs, its always in the lower part of the leaf. so its hidden under the buds, and close to the bud, thats what scares me.

Last edited:
mdmazing

mdmazing

try some horsetail tea..pound is like 10 bucks..it works very well
Just sprayed the shit out of them. Hope it does something.
Today i woke up, went outside to check on my plants and immediately i saw a worm and a lot of mold. I just wanted to cry and go back to bed, i swear...

Latest posts

Top Bottom