Pipecarvers New @Spiderfarmer's 3' x 3' Tent under an SE3000

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I received my tent yesterday, thank you @Spiderfarmer for sponsoring me this tent. I was so impressed with my first grow under their SE3000 I bought another so I can put my 1000w hps away. With the amount I can grow under 2 of these lights I should be able to keep us medicated.

I still have some wiring and venting to do, I have intake air but no exhaust as yet...Friday....I'll leave the door open until then. I have 2 clip on fans in the corners but I don't have enough extension cords to have everything wired in properly. After I get everything hooked up I'll tidy it up until then it just works. I have wires crisscrossing and running everywhere for now..

1 Jamaican/Purple Haze......1 interstate Dragon......2 Tangie 99
They are about 7 weeks old 2 Tangie99 from seed & the other's are clones

I just fed the J/PH & 1 Tangie99 ...6ml Micro / 6 ml Grow / 6 ml Bloom. 1 ml Floralisious. / 5 ml cal/mag & 5 ml up / gallon...my run off ph was 6.2 and the ppm 877.........I'll add 1tbs lime to top dress & help me get my ph up a bit.

I watered with a worm castings tea. I made 4 gallons by adding 16 tbs to a mesh bag and leaving it sit in the bucket for 2+ days.

Everything looks good a few burnt leaves from brushing up onto my t5 lights...it was getting cramped in my veg closet. All opened up now.

Pipecarvers new spiderfarmers 3 x 3 tent under an se3000
Pipecarvers new spiderfarmers 3 x 3 tent under an se3000 2
Pipecarvers new spiderfarmers 3 x 3 tent under an se3000 3
Pipecarvers new spiderfarmers 3 x 3 tent under an se3000 4
Pipecarvers new spiderfarmers 3 x 3 tent under an se3000 5
Pipecarvers new spiderfarmers 3 x 3 tent under an se3000 6
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I received my tent yesterday, thank you @Spiderfarmer for sponsoring me this tent. I was so impressed with my first grow under their SE3000 I bought another so I can put my 1000w hps away. With the amount I can grow under 2 of these lights I should be able to keep us medicated.

I still have some wiring and venting to do, I have intake air but no exhaust as yet...Friday....I'll leave the door open until then. I have 2 clip on fans in the corners but I don't have enough extension cords to have everything wired in properly. After I get everything hooked up I'll tidy it up until then it just works. I have wires crisscrossing and running everywhere for now..

1 Jamaican/Purple Haze......1 interstate Dragon......2 Tangie 99
They are about 7 weeks old 2 Tangie99 from seed & the other's are clones

I just fed the J/PH & 1 Tangie99 ...6ml Micro / 6 ml Grow / 6 ml Bloom. 1 ml Floralisious. / 5 ml cal/mag & 5 ml up / gallon...my run off ph was 6.2 and the ppm 877.........I'll add 1tbs lime to top dress & help me get my ph up a bit.

I watered with a worm castings tea. I made 4 gallons by adding 16 tbs to a mesh bag and leaving it sit in the bucket for 2+ days.

Everything looks good a few burnt leaves from brushing up onto my t5 lights...it was getting cramped in my veg closet. All opened up now.
I bent all of the tops over yesterday and they're all up and perky this morning. I still don't have my exhaust fan so the door remains open.

I bought a new pair of blue UV protective glasses to work around these led lights. I didn't have any problems working with my plants under HPS but I find these lights just too hard on my eyes & these fit over my regular glasses & make me look cool to my plants.

Everything is looking good with my Bubble Bomb 17 days in flower

100 6941
100 6943
100 6949
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I bent all of the tops over yesterday and they're all up and perky this morning. I still don't have my exhaust fan so the door remains open.

I bought a new pair of blue UV protective glasses to work around these led lights. I didn't have any problems working with my plants under HPS but I find these lights just too hard on my eyes & these fit over my regular glasses & make me look cool to my plants.
View attachment 1227107
Everything is looking good with my Bubble Bomb 17 days in flower
I received my exhaust fan yesterday and I have it installed but it needs a controller and that arrives Monday & I'm still working on getting it vented outside.

Cheap little fan $33Amzon warehouse deals said damaged box & a small controller $15 coming Monday I'll hot glue it on or close by accessible somewhere.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I received my exhaust fan yesterday and I have it installed but it needs a controller and that arrives Monday & I'm still working on getting it vented outside.

View attachment 1227572
Cheap little fan $33Amzon warehouse deals said damaged box & a small controller $15 coming Monday I'll hot glue it on or close by accessible somewhere.
View attachment 1227574
A bit of a screw up last night, when rewiring my lights I accidentally wired my tent light to 24hr power instead of 12/12 on the timer circuit. It also left my red led lights on in my other flowering space...ooops...another medicated moment.. or age related I now have 2 excuses for fk ups.

100 6955
100 6956
100 6958
100 6960
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
A bit of a screw up last night, when rewiring my lights I accidentally wired my tent light to 24hr power instead of 12/12 on the timer circuit. It also left my red led lights on in my other flowering space...ooops...another medicated moment.. or age related I now have 2 excuses for fk ups.
March 20. I laid out some netting and pulled some bud sites through, I'll tie or bend the branches over as needed until they stops stretching.

100 6965
100 6967
100 6983
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 20. I laid out some netting and pulled some bud sites through, I'll tie or bend the branches over as needed until they stops stretching.
March 22 The controller for my exhaust fan came today so I now have it running. I've taken some pics of the process to make it easier for anyone thinking of doing the same thing. I scruffed up the back of the controller and gouged some holes & scratched up the wood to get the hotglue to bond

I fed 1 Tangie99 & my Interstate Dragon 6/ml micro / 6ml Grow / 6ml bloom / 1 ml Fluro & 5 ml up.. ph meter is not working ppm 845.

100 6992
100 6994
100 6984
100 6985
100 6987
100 6989
100 6990
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 22 The controller for my exhaust fan came today so I now have it running. I've taken some pics of the process to make it easier for anyone thinking of doing the same thing. I scruffed up the back of the controller and gouged some holes & scratched up the wood to get the hotglue to bond

I fed 1 Tangie99 & my Interstate Dragon 6/ml micro / 6ml Grow / 6ml bloom / 1 ml Fluro & 5 ml up.. ph meter is not working ppm 845.
March 24 they're all stretching and I keep bending them over or tying them down as they do. I snapped off a large branch yesterday playing with them. but doesn't look like it will be missed. I keep pulling leaves off that are in the way of light penetrating through the canopy. It's still not warm enough though 74f is about all I can get to. I'm going to have to put the ballast back on the light and keep the heat in to warm it up.

100 6994
100 6996
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 24 they're all stretching and I keep bending them over or tying them down as they do. I snapped off a large branch yesterday playing with them. but doesn't look like it will be missed. I keep pulling leaves off that are in the way of light penetrating through the canopy. It's still not warm enough though 74f is about all I can get to. I'm going to have to put the ballast back on the light and keep the heat in to warm it up.
March 26....There's not much of a change but I added more heat without moving the ballast. I added my radiator & a fan through the day with the door open and its now 25c or 77f @ 51%.

2 Tangie99
1 Jamaican Purple Haze
1 Interstate Dragon
10 days since going 12/12.

100 7006
100 7007
100 7008
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 26....There's not much of a change but I added more heat without moving the ballast. I added my radiator & a fan through the day with the door open and its now 25c or 77f @ 51%.

2 Tangie99
1 Jamaican Purple Haze
1 Interstate Dragon
10 days since going 12/12.
March 27, I put the ballast back on the light today It took me about an hour to remove put the ballast on and reinstal. I'll wait to see if it help bring the heat up.
This is opposite to the heat issues I had with my hps. It would be 78 - 80f on cold days in my flower room and I'd vent heat to other parts of my house.

What about a heat lamp in the tents? Does anyone use one to get the heat up? With the optimal leaf temp being 78f most homes up north here only get that temp in the summer so 9 months of the year we add heat. Others must be doing something to increase the temps in tents to get close to optimal.

A 100w - 150w heat lamp would be ample in such a small space on an extra 5 min timer if needed . A clip on light? Thoughts?

100 7016
100 7017
100 7020
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 27, I put the ballast back on the light today It took me about an hour to remove put the ballast on and reinstal. I'll wait to see if it help bring the heat up.
This is opposite to the heat issues I had with my hps. It would be 78 - 80f on cold days in my flower room and I'd vent heat to other parts of my house.

What about a heat lamp in the tents? Does anyone use one to get the heat up? With the optimal leaf temp being 78f most homes up north here only get that temp in the summer so 9 months of the year we add heat. Others must be doing something to increase the temps in tents to get close to optimal.

A 100w - 150w heat lamp would be ample in such a small space on an extra 5 min timer if needed . A clip on light? Thoughts?
March 29th Another male, I just don't get a break. I thought I had 4 fems in my tent but as I was tying some branches down I found ........BALLS????...WTF....Okay I pulled it out and saw how flexible it is and I still have 3 so I decided to get violent with the remaining 3. Seeing as I now have room to expand I bend them in half and it covered my 3ft x 3ft space easily....Fk the netting it's just a pain in the ass. They're all laying on top of one another now but as they heal & stand up I can adjust their location a bit.

100 7029
100 7040
100 7042
100 7047
100 7048
100 7049
100 7050
100 7052
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Be interesting to see how that Jamaican purple haze turns out. I popped three Jamaican white widows for an outdoor grow. Hopefully get one girl. I don’t see why you could not use a heat lamp during lights on. Good luck!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Be interesting to see how that Jamaican purple haze turns out. I popped three Jamaican white widows for an outdoor grow. Hopefully get one girl. I don’t see why you could not use a heat lamp during lights on. Good luck!
I've already grow the JPH once this is a clone from her. I grew the JWW as well but I didn't get any cuttings of her. I like the smoke off both. They took 10 weeks to finish and I think I could have gone a bit longer with both.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've already grow the JPH once this is a clone from her. I grew the JWW as well but I didn't get any cuttings of her. I like the smoke off both. They took 10 weeks to finish and I think I could have gone a bit longer with both.
March 31. I used a few Yoyo's to hold up some of the branches I bent over. I have them overlapping one another and I keep shuffling them around to expose the buds sites.
With the door open and the heater in front with the fan on it has my room up to 77f - 25C and the fans on these fabric pots is drying them out quickly. Every 3 days now they need liquid.

100 7056
100 7064
100 7058
100 7065
100 7066
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 31. I used a few Yoyo's to hold up some of the branches I bent over. I have them overlapping one another and I keep shuffling them around to expose the buds sites.
With the door open and the heater in front with the fan on it has my room up to 77f - 25C and the fans on these fabric pots is drying them out quickly. Every 3 days now they need liquid.
April 4, The buds are out I have a nice bed of flowers coming up. I've removed most of the Yoyo's they're strong enough to support themselves now. I keep plucking leaves off where I see overlapping and it looks like there's going to be a bunch standing up on the edges, there's not much room left to bend or tie them down anymore.

I fed flower nutes to the Tangie99 up front today 5ml micro/5ml grow/10ml bloom/1ml Flurolisious /+ 5ml phup. My next feed I'll add Kool bloom to the mix.

100 7077
100 7078
100 7080
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
A new month begins, WISH you happy every day 🤗
April 7, I'm used to using hps lights and I've been having trouble getting enough heat in my basement. I want the temp as close to 78f as I can get with lights on but I'm only at 72 - 74 with the door open and a 1500W radiant heater giving me added heat for both of my grow spaces.

I got this braniac Idea to add heat with a 175W dimable heat lamp. So I did. It gives me around the same temp in the tent 74f as with the heater but the light itself is just too much of a fire hazard for me to use in this small tent. A ceramic lamp would be safer but its still not enough heat with the door open..

Okay, So I'll close the door & that will no doubt cause humidity issues specially after watering. its already 50% door open.Just added fun for me, I'll figure it out eventually.

Regardless of the heat issue the plants are doing well, I've been giving them 1/4 tsp Epsom salts per gallon when I water only. I'm feeding by GH grow schedule for 2 weeks into flower 5 ml/micro/5ml Grow/ 10 ml Bloom/ 1ml Flurolisious/ 5 ml PH up.....

100 7088
100 7090
100 7091
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lookin' good!
Ya thanks, My plants are doing well the heat lamp idea in the tent is a fail. I just don't like the hot lamp in close proximity to the tent & grow light. I moved it to my other flower room & it works in there bring my temp up to 77f from 72f & I can get it a bit warmer by sealing up the space better.

My next group of girls are growing well and my bubbler cuttings have taken off and are growing well.

100 7092
100 7093
100 7095
100 7097
100 7100
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ya thanks, My plants are doing well the heat lamp idea in the tent is a fail. I just don't like the hot lamp in close proximity to the tent & grow light. I moved it to my other flower room & it works in there bring my temp up to 77f from 72f & I can get it a bit warmer by sealing up the space better.

My next group of girls are growing well and my bubbler cuttings have taken off and are growing well.
April 9 The temp is holding at 75f @55% with the door closed. I've turned down my exhaust I'll now drop the intake speed a notch. I may end up adding a small ceramic lamp.

The plants are growing great.

100 7109
100 7111
100 7113
100 7114

Latest posts

Top Bottom