Pipecarvers New @Spiderfarmer's 3' x 3' Tent under an SE3000

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah man you have a mismatch there I’m afraid. The ballast it came out of works? Could you just use that?

Please make sure this is on a proper 15a breaker. At this point I think you do have a fire hazard.
The ballast it came out of has a burned out igniter, I'm down with my girls now, I've been trimming up another JPH and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw an electrical flash out of the ballast. the light was still on and I'm not 100% sure of what I saw but I grabbed an old metal Coke sign I have here and stuck it behind the ballast to give me some fire protection if it goes up in flames.

Its on a 15 amp fuse and I have it isolated with nothing else on that circuit. I moved some fans off that circuit as it was blowing a fuse when I turned on the wet vac so I had some re-configuring to do. I pulled the cover off to see if there was any indication of problems but it looks good....not sure whats going on but I'm keeping an eye on it......thunder storms here today that causes problems some times with the humidity and mechanical ballasts but I've not seen them flash because of it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The ballast it came out of has a burned out igniter, I'm down with my girls now, I've been trimming up another JPH and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw an electrical flash out of the ballast. the light was still on and I'm not 100% sure of what I saw but I grabbed an old metal Coke sign I have here and stuck it behind the ballast to give me some fire protection if it goes up in flames.

Its on a 15 amp fuse and I have it isolated with nothing else on that circuit. I moved some fans off that circuit as it was blowing a fuse when I turned on the wet vac so I had some re-configuring to do. I pulled the cover off to see if there was any indication of problems but it looks good....not sure whats going on but I'm keeping an eye on it......thunder storms here today that causes problems some times with the humidity and mechanical ballasts but I've not seen them flash because of it.
On another note it looks like I have some amber

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
On another note it looks like I have some amberView attachment 1258370
View attachment 1258371
July 5
I hope everyone had a good weekend, weather was good for us on the days we needed it to be.

Still a very high humidity at 100% over the past while. I had to buy another dehumidifier, I bought used and I think I got a deal a 1 year old, guy said used for 2 months. 35pint KingKool still on sale locally here for $350+ = $402...I paid the $100 he was asking for it, I was prepared to offer him less because I want to feel like I was getting a deal but with the condition of it being new I didn't barter.

I had ballast problems but I think I have it sorted, I changed the Capacitor, it worked for a day then the light went out again...Fk....I changed the Starter / Ignitor...it worked...24 hrs later the light went out again...fk....I changed the lamp from what I thought was new to an old one and its working at 100% for 3 days now. Some one told me at the beginning of that boondoggle it was the light....OH know...I know better...the light is new ish...2 months of use.....Can't be the light....a few days later I change the light and its now working.....I've ordered a new 1000w EyeHort......$130 shipped. fk......

So with all of that I've been harvesting a few large girls but with the high humidity drying is a bitch, hence a new/ used dehu and its working much better than my other 30 pint, its pulling x 2 the water out of the basement as my 2 year old Danby.

So the temperature in my basement has gone up because of the added heat from the Dehues to the point of drying out my pots even faster, My poor Tangie99 & the Bubble bomb both took a hit today, I checked this am and I thought they were good....nope hanging leaves on both tonight just before lights out...small water I'll feed fully in am but they're looking pretty sad hanging like that.....ah what's the saying...What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger? ya...that's it I was just toughening them up...I'm sticking with that....

100 8065
100 8070
100 8074
100 8051
100 8058
100 8037
100 8044
100 8024
100 8028
100 8033
100 7999
100 8002
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 5
I hope everyone had a good weekend, weather was good for us on the days we needed it to be.

Still a very high humidity at 100% over the past while. I had to buy another dehumidifier, I bought used and I think I got a deal a 1 year old, guy said used for 2 months. 35pint KingKool still on sale locally here for $350+ = $402...I paid the $100 he was asking for it, I was prepared to offer him less because I want to feel like I was getting a deal but with the condition of it being new I didn't barter.

I had ballast problems but I think I have it sorted, I changed the Capacitor, it worked for a day then the light went out again...Fk....I changed the Starter / Ignitor...it worked...24 hrs later the light went out again...fk....I changed the lamp from what I thought was new to an old one and its working at 100% for 3 days now. Some one told me at the beginning of that boondoggle it was the light....OH know...I know better...the light is new ish...2 months of use.....Can't be the light....a few days later I change the light and its now working.....I've ordered a new 1000w EyeHort......$130 shipped. fk......

So with all of that I've been harvesting a few large girls but with the high humidity drying is a bitch, hence a new/ used dehu and its working much better than my other 30 pint, its pulling x 2 the water out of the basement as my 2 year old Danby.

So the temperature in my basement has gone up because of the added heat from the Dehues to the point of drying out my pots even faster, My poor Tangie99 & the Bubble bomb both took a hit today, I checked this am and I thought they were good....nope hanging leaves on both tonight just before lights out...small water I'll feed fully in am but they're looking pretty sad hanging like that.....ah what's the saying...What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger? ya...that's it I was just toughening them up...I'm sticking with that....
And a few more

100 8004
100 8011
100 8019
100 8009
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
And a few more
I harvested a Gelato today @ 71 days in flower.
1 more to go before I can bleach my room. I like to use a pressure washer and spray all of my plant stands / Soda crates & trays & my entire floor area with 50% bleach/water before I put my next crop in.
Tis the season for critters of all sorts, ants and cellar bugs but they seem to die in my flower room, every so often I find a few of them belly up in the morning after the lights have been on for a few hours.

100 8080
100 8086
100 8091
100 8102
100 8090
100 8096
100 8099
Gel
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
beautiful ladies👍
Thank you, Your lights work great, they really harden up the buds nicely.

These 2 are at week 6 & 7 and I have 2 nice plants to fill the tent as soon as these come down. I've screwed up this grow in the tent by allowing them to dry out semi regularly in the fabric pots. I'm having trouble getting used to how fast they dry out.

With the added heat of summer its getting up to 83 -84 f and I can't get 3 days out of a water / feed even though I'm topping up their water or feed 3 -4 hrs later to assure a good drenching then 2 1/2 days later they're hanging like they haven't seen water in a month,,,costly to my leaves...the buds are sticky as heck but the Tangie is looking pretty sad and there are no large buds to be found, not just the leaves took a hit....

On the other hand I harvested a Gorilla Glue and a PlatinumOG that were grown under a combination 1000w hps & an SE3000. Both plants turned out spectacular albeit their scraggly look from not having support in place.

I cleaned out my room and bleached to floors, Trays & Stands then filled it with 3 unknowns a Bubble Bomb, a Gorilla Glue & a Jam/Purple/Haze & another Bubble Bomb under the SE300 at the back of the room along with a Pepper plant

100 8103
100 8110
100 8116
100 8131
100 8132
100 8105
100 8137
100 8139
100 8125
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looking good man. that ballast all sorted out now?
I hope so, After switching both parts separately and still having the light go out I swapped out lamps.....( someone suggested that earlier but I dismissed it be.....cause..I fkin new better ( lol) not....No more problems...I thought it was a 2 month old bulb, I may have mixed them up but I put in a new Eyehort yesterday $130Cdn and she's working great....too much heat now but that's another issue all together. With a bit of work I could move the ballast through the wall into my oil tank room and cool the flower room down through our summer & vent the dehu

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I hope so, After switching both parts separately and still having the light go out I swapped out lamps.....( someone suggested that earlier but I dismissed it be.....cause..I fkin new better ( lol) not....No more problems...I thought it was a 2 month old bulb, I may have mixed them up but I put in a new Eyehort yesterday $130Cdn and she's working great....too much heat now but that's another issue all together. With a bit of work I could move the ballast through the wall into my oil tank room and cool the flower room down through our summer & vent the dehu
July 12
I've been making chocolate eatables for my wife as sleep meds. Recently she found out she can no longer eat chocolate before bed....acid reflux issues. So I'm going to make gummies soon. She's been eating bought gummies at 30mg apiece 1.5 gummies work for her..45mg...........................................right????

So I bought her some Cherry syrup 1000mg = 10 servings says the label 100mg/serving??? wow 100mg per dose.........................

Okay I figured 1 tsp = 50mg.....right?.......50 mg is just a bit over her 45mg.......after 2 hrs shes nodded off then wakes and says she's dying.....my wife is 75 wtf have I done??? she is panicking and said she saw the white lights as she woke up and felt like she was feeling horrible & thinks shes dying....???.. crying and in stress......this was last night...she is fine this morning ...my wife has been taking my eatables for about 1 year,,,,so not a newbie and still too much made her sick

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

March 29th Another male, I just don't get a break. I thought I had 4 fems in my tent but as I was tying some branches down I found ........BALLS????...WTF....Okay I pulled it out and saw how flexible it is and I still have 3 so I decided to get violent with the remaining 3. Seeing as I now have room to expand I bend them in half and it covered my 3ft x 3ft space easily....Fk the netting it's just a pain in the ass. They're all laying on top of one another now but as they heal & stand up I can adjust their location a bit.
Should of keeped a male took like that Jamaican strain and made ur own strain

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

July 12
I've been making chocolate eatables for my wife as sleep meds. Recently she found out she can no longer eat chocolate before bed....acid reflux issues. So I'm going to make gummies soon. She's been eating bought gummies at 30mg apiece 1.5 gummies work for her..45mg...........................................right????

So I bought her some Cherry syrup 1000mg = 10 servings says the label 100mg/serving??? wow 100mg per dose.........................

Okay I figured 1 tsp = 50mg.....right?.......50 mg is just a bit over her 45mg.......after 2 hrs shes nodded off then wakes and says she's dying.....my wife is 75 wtf have I done??? she is panicking and said she saw the white lights as she woke up and felt like she was feeling horrible & thinks shes dying....???.. crying and in stress......this was last night...she is fine this morning ...my wife has been taking my eatables for about 1 year,,,,so not a newbie and still too much made her sick
View attachment 1261137
BM edibles are always way off on their dose I find. Usually they are around half their labelled strength. That cannalean looks more legit (but who knows), try starting at 20mg. You may even want to go lower to 10mg to account for their "nano enhanced delivery" Ive found that some of these fancier edibles with the newer technology tend to hit faster and harder but shorter lived.

Good to hear your wife is OK today, Ive been there done that and there is no anxiety quite like the anxiety of too much edibles that just wont wear off.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
BM edibles are always way off on their dose I find. Usually they are around half their labelled strength. That cannalean looks more legit (but who knows), try starting at 20mg. You may even want to go lower to 10mg to account for their "nano enhanced delivery" Ive found that some of these fancier edibles with the newer technology tend to hit faster and harder but shorter lived.

Good to hear your wife is OK today, Ive been there done that and there is no anxiety quite like the anxiety of too much edibles that just wont wear off.
I've never been high on eatables,I smoke so much I can't recognize the difference. With my chocolates I'd just keep giving her a bit more each night until she says enough...4-5 pieces is usually enough.
Allrighty, I like, maybe not so fancy but a pleasant method of consumption. I'm making gummies now I have 3 -4 oz of bud de-carbing in the oven. I'll be infusing it over the next few hours then making the goodies I can have the syrup and my wife can eat the gummies....I've never been high on eatables...nows my chance...lol...

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I've never been high on eatables,I smoke so much I can't recognize the difference. With my chocolates I'd just keep giving her a bit more each night until she says enough...4-5 pieces is usually enough.

Allrighty, I like, maybe not so fancy but a pleasant method of consumption. I'm making gummies now I have 3 -4 oz of bud de-carbing in the oven. I'll be infusing it over the next few hours then making the goodies I can have the syrup and my wife can eat the gummies....I've never been high on eatables...nows my chance...lol...
I find the high is usually much more in the body. If you have a high tolerance then by the time you get to a good dose you are passing out after a few hours. I use olive oil tincture for sleep and take ~75-100mg and Im always dozing off in 3 hours time.

For during the day I much prefer to smoke less but more frequently, avoids burn out and keeps you at a nice level longer I find.

Good luck and be careful! Even if you have a high tolerance you can still get crazy anxiety from edibles if you over do it, ask me how hahaha.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

July 15,
It will be 8 weeks in flower on Monday for my poor sad looking Tangie 99....Very sticky but fried, this is what happens if you don't water plants in fabric pots. Within just a few hours of going dry they droop and hang like they're dead or dying....when the temps is in the 80's I didn't get that in plastic they had more time between watering and didn't hang so fast.....Okay that's my excuse to why she looks like she does. Once trimmed up the buds will be small but they are firm so it should be smokeable...if not I'll turn her into oil.

The Bubble Bomb next to her is much better at 7 weeks now, small buds but they smell great and I love this strain for its sweet taste and nice high.

My flower room is full again with 6 plants at 1 week+ and one more Bubble Bomb in the corner At 6 weeks in flower under a SE3000 & getting side light from my 1000w hps with a new Eyehort tube.

Our new addition Dusk is fitting in better now, he's been getting picked on by our big guy Coal but he's fighting back and they now sniff butts...lol...a good sign they're getting along. The hissing and swatting has stopped for the most part the new kid still does shit that gets him trouble like eating out of the wrong dish.....but he's learning

100 8207
100 8210
100 8214
100 8202
100 8204
100 8205
100 8220
100 8228
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 15,
It will be 8 weeks in flower on Monday for my poor sad looking Tangie 99....Very sticky but fried, this is what happens if you don't water plants in fabric pots. Within just a few hours of going dry they droop and hang like they're dead or dying....when the temps is in the 80's I didn't get that in plastic they had more time between watering and didn't hang so fast.....Okay that's my excuse to why she looks like she does. Once trimmed up the buds will be small but they are firm so it should be smokeable...if not I'll turn her into oil.

The Bubble Bomb next to her is much better at 7 weeks now, small buds but they smell great and I love this strain for its sweet taste and nice high.

My flower room is full again with 6 plants at 1 week+ and one more Bubble Bomb in the corner At 6 weeks in flower under a SE3000 & getting side light from my 1000w hps with a new Eyehort tube.

Our new addition Dusk is fitting in better now, he's been getting picked on by our big guy Coal but he's fighting back and they now sniff butts...lol...a good sign they're getting along. The hissing and swatting has stopped for the most part the new kid still does shit that gets him trouble like eating out of the wrong dish.....but he's learning
July 21
Major plumbing problems not much time for updating. I pulled the Tangie99 its drying but no pics. I'll try and update asap.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 21
Major plumbing problems not much time for updating. I pulled the Tangie99 its drying but no pics. I'll try and update asap.
July 25
Plumbing is still not fixed but it's moving slowly in that direction. We like most of us are in a heat wave and heavy manual labor is not something I can get myself to do. It's workable its just not all covered back up.

I had to pull my Tangie99, I had let it run dry 3 times through flower and it looked pretty sad in the end. I had no time to deal with it so I just lobbed off the branches and hung her up. No fan fare no pics. Except for today's drybox pic. I smoked a bud today its still damp but it has a nice sweet taste. I don't get the citrus I've had in the past with them but I pretty sure me frying her 3 times had something to do with the poor thing. looks.

Not all is lost the Bubble bomb was a little tougher and didn't hang or dry out as quickly so she if finishing nicely, a bit small but that's on me too.

My flower room is full again with 3 known and 3 unknown strains or undetermined maybe a better way to describe them. They are starting to show their profile and I should be able to tell soon what the undetermined are. GG#4. or GSC, or PlatinumOG or Gelato. I now have labelled X1,....1...2....n Veg I have 3 & 4 in Veg+ 1 -2 -3 clones. Hopefully I'll be able to give them proper names before I dry them.

My pepper plants are thriving & giving us peppers to eat. My Ghost peppers have just started putting out flowers so I'll see their fruit soon to hopefully.

100 8234
100 8245
100 8260
100 8261
100 8242
100 8248
100 8265
100 8266
100 8262
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 25
Plumbing is still not fixed but it's moving slowly in that direction. We like most of us are in a heat wave and heavy manual labor is not something I can get myself to do. It's workable its just not all covered back up.

I had to pull my Tangie99, I had let it run dry 3 times through flower and it looked pretty sad in the end. I had no time to deal with it so I just lobbed off the branches and hung her up. No fan fare no pics. Except for today's drybox pic. I smoked a bud today its still damp but it has a nice sweet taste. I don't get the citrus I've had in the past with them but I pretty sure me frying her 3 times had something to do with the poor thing. looks.

Not all is lost the Bubble bomb was a little tougher and didn't hang or dry out as quickly so she if finishing nicely, a bit small but that's on me too.

My flower room is full again with 3 known and 3 unknown strains or undetermined maybe a better way to describe them. They are starting to show their profile and I should be able to tell soon what the undetermined are. GG#4. or GSC, or PlatinumOG or Gelato. I now have labelled X1,....1...2....n Veg I have 3 & 4 in Veg+ 1 -2 -3 clones. Hopefully I'll be able to give them proper names before I dry them.

My pepper plants are thriving & giving us peppers to eat. My Ghost peppers have just started putting out flowers so I'll see their fruit soon to hopefully.
July 31 wow how time fly's I've moved my Bubble Bomb from the tent to finish under my hps. Not because I wanted to but my vegging plants got too big and I had to move 1 to flower. She's either a GSC, GG#4, PlatOg or a Gelato but she's huge already and will fill the tent. I ordered a pair of 3x3' nets to use this time, they should be here this week so I can tie this monster down.and flatten her out.

The BB's are almost done I'm thinking less than 1 week now. they're both over 9 weeks and mostly cloudy but very few amber. After they're both finished I'll add #4 which is also one of the above mixed up clones.

I just went to add Kool Bloom to my 3 week flowering girls at 3 ml/gal and I sucked up some slimy growth from inside the bottle...fk I still had 1/3 of a bottle of the shit....The heat and I must of contaminated it with something but its gone I'm not using it now. I ordered another pk booster this time a dry Monster Bloom, I've used in the past....I'll giver a try again

100 8273
100 8277
100 8286
100 8287
100 8303
100 8305
100 8280
100 8284
100 8293
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 31 wow how time fly's I've moved my Bubble Bomb from the tent to finish under my hps. Not because I wanted to but my vegging plants got too big and I had to move 1 to flower. She's either a GSC, GG#4, PlatOg or a Gelato but she's huge already and will fill the tent. I ordered a pair of 3x3' nets to use this time, they should be here this week so I can tie this monster down.and flatten her out.

The BB's are almost done I'm thinking less than 1 week now. they're both over 9 weeks and mostly cloudy but very few amber. After they're both finished I'll add #4 which is also one of the above mixed up clones.

I just went to add Kool Bloom to my 3 week flowering girls at 3 ml/gal and I sucked up some slimy growth from inside the bottle...fk I still had 1/3 of a bottle of the shit....The heat and I must of contaminated it with something but its gone I'm not using it now. I ordered another pk booster this time a dry Monster Bloom, I've used in the past....I'll giver a try again
Aug 1st

Top Bottom