Pipecarvers New @Spiderfarmer's 3' x 3' Tent under an SE3000

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Don't do it just for me man, seriously. No need to get all set up again for a couple pipes. But thanks anyhow. 👍👊
I have to get back at it this winter, I've been thinking about the stems for a while now. I'll bite the bullet and buy about $100 worth so I have a few to play with. I can make a few different types with less wood if I add the stems.

Winter projects, it was 28C here yesterday afternoon.....leaves are starting to fall though and the mornings are cool once again.

There's something about snow that makes me get into pipe making...., I use a Foredom electric carving tool to shape them and a lot of dust flies when I use it, I built a dust extractor that contains a lot of it but that stuff floats. It's really my main excuse to not making them now.

My garage is sorta the last stop before the dump, I put stuff in there I don't want to deal with at the moment...Ah I've letter go badly this season and I have to get atter pretty soon....I gotta get my car in there before we get any storms so works gotta get done pronto.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have to get back at it this winter, I've been thinking about the stems for a while now. I'll bite the bullet and buy about $100 worth so I have a few to play with. I can make a few different types with less wood if I add the stems.

Winter projects, it was 28C here yesterday afternoon.....leaves are starting to fall though and the mornings are cool once again.

There's something about snow that makes me get into pipe making...., I use a Foredom electric carving tool to shape them and a lot of dust flies when I use it, I built a dust extractor that contains a lot of it but that stuff floats. It's really my main excuse to not making them now.

My garage is sorta the last stop before the dump, I put stuff in there I don't want to deal with at the moment...Ah I've letter go badly this season and I have to get atter pretty soon....I gotta get my car in there before we get any storms so works gotta get done pronto.
Sept 15, I was looking at my plants yesterday and I notice one was lime green, I looked at my notes and I saw that on its last need for liquid I panic fed her water. She was drooping badly Sept 9 and I gave her a quick drink before I read my notes. I should have lightly fed her as the color in her now shows. I thought this a perfect example of what to look for when feeding your girls.

It may be hard in the photo's to distinguish between fed and unfed but it's very clear to me which one didn't get any feed when it needed it. The plant on the right a Gelato is light green the Gorilla Glue onn the left has good color one with Flash the other without.

IMG 1170
IMG 1172
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Have you ever done any meerschaum pipes? If you do end up getting setup again let me know (just post here and Ill se it haha)!

Ive been looking for a nice smooth relatively small chambered bent apple/billiard but nothing seems to scratch the itch just yet. I like the smaller chambers for 20 to 30 minute smokes when I can find the time but they arnt popular so hard to find quality craftmanship.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 15, I was looking at my plants yesterday and I notice one was lime green, I looked at my notes and I saw that on its last need for liquid I panic fed her water. She was drooping badly Sept 9 and I gave her a quick drink before I read my notes. I should have lightly fed her as the color in her now shows. I thought this a perfect example of what to look for when feeding your girls.

It may be hard in the photo's to distinguish between fed and unfed but it's very clear to me which one didn't get any feed when it needed it. The plant on the right a Gelato is light green the Gorilla Glue onn the left has good color one with Flash the other without.
I thought I'd deleted these photo's yesterday It looks like I put them in a different file So they weren't lost after all

Jamaican Purple Haze at 10 weeks in flower

JPHbud2
JPHtall
JPH3
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Have you ever done any meerschaum pipes? If you do end up getting setup again let me know (just post here and Ill se it haha)!

Ive been looking for a nice smooth relatively small chambered bent apple/billiard but nothing seems to scratch the itch just yet. I like the smaller chambers for 20 to 30 minute smokes when I can find the time but they arnt popular so hard to find quality craftmanship.
No I haven't made any out of that material, it looks akin to soap stone carving and I'm not set up for that at all. I used to work with Aluminum and it works like wood but its not something I want to smoke out of.

Meerschaum pipes would take different tools than I have and I don't do any of the fancy art carving on them. I'd think like soap stone I'd need a water spray to drill, cut & carve

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

No I haven't made any out of that material, it looks akin to soap stone carving and I'm not set up for that at all. I used to work with Aluminum and it works like wood but its not something I want to smoke out of.

Meerschaum pipes would take different tools than I have and I don't do any of the fancy art carving on them. I'd think like soap stone I'd need a water spray to drill, cut & carve
No worries, was worth a shot, I just want a simple smooth pipe, nothing fancy. If you do end up getting setup for wood pipes though still let me know, I would love to have a custom pipe from ya if you are willing, don't want to take your hobby and ruin it with too much work.

Anthem

Anthem

Keep up the good work PC

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Sept 16, I pulled a Bubble Bomb out today at 71 days in flower. No amber but all cloudy and she's done. I have her standing in the dark and I'll get to her tomorrow. I plucked off most of her leaves in about 20 min and maybe another 1/2 hrs to trim up the rest and hang her to dry.
Nice good job just started flowering I'll send some up dates

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 16, I pulled a Bubble Bomb out today at 71 days in flower. No amber but all cloudy and she's done. I have her standing in the dark and I'll get to her tomorrow. I plucked off most of her leaves in about 20 min and maybe another 1/2 hrs to trim up the rest and hang her to dry.
Sept 18.......BALLS.......1 of the 3 GSC has balls @ just over 1 month old. I guess its an auto...lol I wasn't sure if it was or not...now I know...So that leaves me 2 GSC auto's going into flower in 1 gallon pots. Not good, I'll cut the fabric pot off and gently place her into a 3 gallon fabric and letter grow........I guess that means they'll be going in my tent today on 18hrs of flowering today. This will bet he first time I've been able to run auto's at 18hrs. With my 1000w hps that gets too expensive.

I have my Gorilla Glue #4 dried to where I can bag it for a couple of days before I jar her. I just pulled the dried bud out of my dry box, I'll strip them off and bag her after lunch...

Veg closet is getting over grown again. I've been waiting to clean up my flower room before I put any more in to flower so I've 3 ( a Bubble Bomb,GSC & a Gelato or GG ) ready to go soon as the rooms clear....This week....hopefully...I've a GSC, Gelato and a Platinum OG left to harvest. I'll stasrt getting at the GSC this afternoon as well.

IMG 1365
IMG 1358
IMG 1368
IMG 1372
IMG 1373
IMG 1374
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 18.......BALLS.......1 of the 3 GSC has balls @ just over 1 month old. I guess its an auto...lol I wasn't sure if it was or not...now I know...So that leaves me 2 GSC auto's going into flower in 1 gallon pots. Not good, I'll cut the fabric pot off and gently place her into a 3 gallon fabric and letter grow........I guess that means they'll be going in my tent today on 18hrs of flowering today. This will bet he first time I've been able to run auto's at 18hrs. With my 1000w hps that gets too expensive.

I have my Gorilla Glue #4 dried to where I can bag it for a couple of days before I jar her. I just pulled the dried bud out of my dry box, I'll strip them off and bag her after lunch...

Veg closet is getting over grown again. I've been waiting to clean up my flower room before I put any more in to flower so I've 3 ( a Bubble Bomb,GSC & a Gelato or GG ) ready to go soon as the rooms clear....This week....hopefully...I've a GSC, Gelato and a Platinum OG left to harvest. I'll stasrt getting at the GSC this afternoon as well.
I pulled out the GSC, and pulled all of her long leaves off by hand....I find that quicker than everything with scissors, I'll get at it with the scissors tomorrow

GSC1a
GSC3a
GSC5a
GSCa1
IMG 1376
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I pulled out the GSC, and pulled all of her long leaves off by hand....I find that quicker than everything with scissors, I'll get at it with the scissors tomorrow
Sept 19, I transplanted the GSC auto's into 3 gallon fabric pots and moved them into the tent. I have the light 2 ft above them set at 60% giving me just under 25,000 lux at the tops.

I still have 1 PlatinumOG and a Gelato to harvest, Then I can do a clean up and move My Bubble Bomb, GSC & other out of the veg closet. I want to harden my vegging girls up under the SE3000 before I flip them. I've had a few leaf issues going straight from veg under T5's to the LED lights for flowering. I'm going to give them a week on 18hr led lighting before I flip.

My seedlings are coming along great. I transplanted the first 4 into 1 gal plastic pots from their solo cups I have 3 more to go. I have trouble transplanting out of the 1 gal fabric pots and I've had to cut them off to be able to transplant so I went with plastic at the 1 gal size to make for easier transplanting out of. I like the fab pots but they can be a pain to use.

I made another batch of oil last night, after decarbing at 235* for 40 min I put the weed into liquefied coconut oil in a double boiler. I cooked the weed in the oil for 2 1/2 hrs. I then strained the mixture through a fine strainer then again through cheese cloth.. In order to get as much oil out of the weed I could I used a old potato ricer to squeeze it as hard as I can then strain what I squeeze out to remove any particles left.

IMG 1447
IMG 1448
IMG 1444
IMG 1453
IMG 1455
IMG 1449
IMG 1458
IMG 1459
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 19, I transplanted the GSC auto's into 3 gallon fabric pots and moved them into the tent. I have the light 2 ft above them set at 60% giving me just under 25,000 lux at the tops.

I still have 1 PlatinumOG and a Gelato to harvest, Then I can do a clean up and move My Bubble Bomb, GSC & other out of the veg closet. I want to harden my vegging girls up under the SE3000 before I flip them. I've had a few leaf issues going straight from veg under T5's to the LED lights for flowering. I'm going to give them a week on 18hr led lighting before I flip.

My seedlings are coming along great. I transplanted the first 4 into 1 gal plastic pots from their solo cups I have 3 more to go. I have trouble transplanting out of the 1 gal fabric pots and I've had to cut them off to be able to transplant so I went with plastic at the 1 gal size to make for easier transplanting out of. I like the fab pots but they can be a pain to use.

I made another batch of oil last night, after decarbing at 235* for 40 min I put the weed into liquefied coconut oil in a double boiler. I cooked the weed in the oil for 2 1/2 hrs. I then strained the mixture through a fine strainer then again through cheese cloth.. In order to get as much oil out of the weed I could I used a old potato ricer to squeeze it as hard as I can then strain what I squeeze out to remove any particles left.
Sept 20
Off topic, my wireless mouse wasn't working right so I looked on Amzon, not wanting to spend too much I saw these car shaped ones that were at the price I was looking.$19.50 tax in, delivered so what the heck..As I looked at the options there are a few different colors to chose from, if you chose Blue the price quietly jump's to $39+.....Man you gotta watch out everyone has a trick up their sleeve and if you're not paying attention the price more than doubles.

This Red little gaming mouse has1600dpi compared to my old 1000dpi it has much better communication with my computer and its not hop skip and jumping across the screen and it has cool blue headlights...lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 20
Off topic, my wireless mouse wasn't working right so I looked on Amzon, not wanting to spend too much I saw these car shaped ones that were at the price I was looking.$19.50 tax in, delivered so what the heck..As I looked at the options there are a few different colors to chose from, if you chose Blue the price quietly jump's to $39+.....Man you gotta watch out everyone has a trick up their sleeve and if you're not paying attention the price more than doubles.

This Red little gaming mouse has1600dpi compared to my old 1000dpi it has much better communication with my computer and its not hop skip and jumping across the screen and it has cool blue headlights...lolView attachment 1284033
Sept 22 My new tent arrived today a 5' x5'x 6.5' I'm going to put both SE3000 in as soon as I can set it up. I have to finish off the Gelato and Platinum OG both at 11 weeks today. I shut off my hps yesterday and the plants are sitting in the shade...not dark I have a SE3000 in the corner keeping my Pepper plants going, so they're in the shade until I get to them later today & tomorrow.

Cat approved

IMG 1463
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 22 My new tent arrived today a 5' x5'x 6.5' I'm going to put both SE3000 in as soon as I can set it up. I have to finish off the Gelato and Platinum OG both at 11 weeks today. I shut off my hps yesterday and the plants are sitting in the shade...not dark I have a SE3000 in the corner keeping my Pepper plants going, so they're in the shade until I get to them later today & tomorrow.

Cat approved
Sept 23, We have a hurricane barrelling towards us tonight through tomorrow. We will probably lose power, this is supposed to be the largest hurrican ever to hit Canada..........not so good for any out door grows going on here. It looks like the center track is going to miss us by 300km and it keeps pushing north east away from us....they can always turn I guess but it looks like we'll miss the worst of it.......Cape Breton is going to get slammed hard though.......I hate to say it but it may be a good thing some people for work...these natural disasters create employment and federal cash rolls in in emergency aid.....

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I really don't think its going to be that much, Envrio. Canada is now only showing 50-70 km winds for are area, CB will get more, but like everything I think the news got this blown way out of proportion, making it sound so bad. but I guess time will tell and that not far away lol, We lose power on a nice sunny day so i'll be that will be out for a few days. Their calling for up to 10-12 inches of rain in some places that could be bad and the storm surge along the coast line. That if CB gets a direct hit, I think it looks like its going more east though

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I really don't think its going to be that much, Envrio. Canada is now only showing 50-70 km winds for are area, CB will get more, but like everything I think the news got this blown way out of proportion, making it sound so bad. but I guess time will tell and that not far away lol, We lose power on a nice sunny day so i'll be that will be out for a few days. Their calling for up to 10-12 inches of rain in some places that could be bad and the storm surge along the coast line. That if CB gets a direct hit, I think it looks like its going more east though
ya they have the center track right through Sidney now....its been steadily moving east and away from the south shore...Good for us, bad for Sydney.. I went out for gas for my generator so I'm good for about 24 hrs of operation before I need more fuel....I'll run her to keep my fridge & lights on. I go through a lot of smoke when the power goes out...its a good thing I'm stocked up well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom