Pipecarvers New @Spiderfarmer's 3' x 3' Tent under an SE3000

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Sept 23, We have a hurricane barrelling towards us tonight through tomorrow. We will probably lose power, this is supposed to be the largest hurrican ever to hit Canada..........not so good for any out door grows going on here. It looks like the center track is going to miss us by 300km and it keeps pushing north east away from us....they can always turn I guess but it looks like we'll miss the worst of it.......Cape Breton is going to get slammed hard though.......I hate to say it but it may be a good thing some people for work...these natural disasters create employment and federal cash rolls in in emergency aid.....
If you need anything over the next few days just reach to me, its not to bad here yet, my son is in Antigonish he said the campus looks destroyed, one dorm had to be evacuated, so CB will probably be destroyed by morning.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If you need anything over the next few days just reach to me, its not to bad here yet, my son is in Antigonish he said the campus looks destroyed, one dorm had to be evacuated, so CB will probably be destroyed by morning.
We made it through okay..no damage, branches all over & powers out but I have the gen running and I hooked up lights Tv internet computer. I'm good to go....The whole province took a hit, I've never seen so many outages posted on The power companies outage map....They're saying Monday night for us before we get it back on.....I can run my Gen about 10 hrs on a tank...So I'll need a fill up tomorrow...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes indeed, I've enough for today only, maybe enough for coffee in the am but then I need the juice bad....Its spotty power wise but there are area's still with it. My wife just got a notice that the local grocery store is open 2km from us.
I cut my pulled my Gelato but I haven't chopped her yet, shes standing in the dark but I took a few pics.

My seedlings are growing well the Fruity OG looks like shes a week ahead of the others I popped at the same time.

Biscotti Skunk
Alaska Thunderfuck
QCBlue
2 GSC autos

FruityOG
BS
ATF
QCB
GSCA2
GSCA3
Gel1
Gel3
Gel4
GEL5
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

We made it through okay..no damage, branches all over & powers out but I have the gen running and I hooked up lights Tv internet computer. I'm good to go....The whole province took a hit, I've never seen so many outages posted on The power companies outage map....They're saying Monday night for us before we get it back on.....I can run my Gen about 10 hrs on a tank...So I'll need a fill up tomorrow...
We got lucky never lost power lol, pretty much all the towns have power now so gas won't be an issue

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
We got lucky never lost power lol, pretty much all the towns have power now so gas won't be an issue
We have it back on now,,,,I had to go out yesterday aft for another 5 gal but we're good to go, now to reset my timers. I have a few peg timers that are easy but they've no ground, good for my t5's & I have 2 grounded digital timers that are tricky to set seeing as I don't have instructions on how to. I can set start stop but not the time of day so I have to adjust everything from default 00:00 = 14:20.....19:30 = X off....01:30 = X on for my 18 hr and another one for 12 hr

sportyridr

sportyridr

We have it back on now,,,,I had to go out yesterday aft for another 5 gal but we're good to go, now to reset my timers. I have a few peg timers that are easy but they've no ground, good for my t5's & I have 2 grounded digital timers that are tricky to set seeing as I don't have instructions on how to. I can set start stop but not the time of day so I have to adjust everything from default 00:00 = 14:20.....19:30 = X off....01:30 = X on for my 18 hr and another one for 12 hr

Good to hear, saw some news last night...damn sure not pretty and pretty insane for that part of the world....

save yourself Brother...a mere 20ish loonies and here is 4 timers

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good to hear, saw some news last night...damn sure not pretty and pretty insane for that part of the world....

save yourself Brother...a mere 20ish loonies and here is 4 timers
That would require a cell phone or a Google spy in our house,,,lol We don't got none of those fancy new gadgets I seez all the young folks with there heads all caught up in.....lol.....

.No I bitch but its my own cheap ass, I see a deal at Value village I buy what ever and timers come 2 - $3 - 30% = cheap Some are great..even the fkd program timers I mess with are good I just can't find a manual online for them so I guess at how they work..push enough buttons often enough and I start seeing a pattern and fogure it out...I just can't fogure how to set the time...lol..so default 00:00 and try again...

sportyridr

sportyridr

That would require a cell phone or a Google spy in our house,,,lol We don't got none of those fancy new gadgets I seez all the young folks with there heads all caught up in.....lol.....

.No I bitch but its my own cheap ass, I see a deal at Value village I buy what ever and timers come 2 - $3 - 30% = cheap Some are great..even the fkd program timers I mess with are good I just can't find a manual online for them so I guess at how they work..push enough buttons often enough and I start seeing a pattern and fogure it out...I just can't fogure how to set the time...lol..so default 00:00 and try again...

I realized about the cell phone after I posted but didn't go back to edit as I knew you would be on that like scum to the pond 🤣 My phone & apps basically control the entire grow, sure wish there was an app to carry water upstairs 🤔😂

I'll leave you to your prehistoric timers with no destructions lol...you'll get it sorted, you always do ! 🙂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
its coming along, I read the genealogy and its suposed to be a stinky fk that has ruderalis genes...bred in I'm not sure how that will effect her but shes not an auto so.???? we'll see I also have the Biscotti skunk this grow , I'm thinking Christmas is going to be a smelly time in our home....lol
its coming along, I read the genealogy and its suposed to be a stinky fk that has ruderalis genes...bred in I'm not sure how that will effect her but shes not an auto so.???? we'll see I also have the Biscotti skunk this grow , I'm thinking Christmas is going to be a smelly time in our home....lol
Sept 28, I'm not seeing any indication of flowering yet from my 2 GSC auto's in my 3x3, they're growing great. I plucked a few fan leaves to get more light into them, I wouldn't do that with photo's this early but if these little things are going to flower now they need light penetration i figured so off they went.

I tried flowering through the winter in my basement last year but it was too cold, I added a heater, a 150 watt heat lamp a reptile heat lamp, I also tried enclosing the space. Each of my solutions to cold helped but not enough.

I approached Spider Farmer requesting a larger tent to use both of my SE300 lights in to help me contain the heat, I figure I'll have room to put my fined heater & or heat lamps in it and sleep bags over if I need to

They asked me if I was at the same address. I said yes, after a few emails and within a week I have a 5' X 5' X 6.5 tent.

Needless to say I'm extremely grateful to SpiderFarmer for sending me this beautiful tent.

I wasn't quite ready and then hurricane Fiona blew through knocking out power and putting us on a generator for 2 days...emergency lighting only, so grow lights fridge, coffee maker & internet

I set the tent up today, it took me 5 minutes to put the frame together, then I tried to put the skin on by myself....nope that didn't work...I'm too short on one end to get the skins corners in place and hold them while I pull it on..So I got my wife, both of us are built like mushrooms with short legs. I'm not going to say it was easy but within 30 min we had it on and 1 light in it. If either of us was another 6" taller it would have been a lot easier. We didn't have 6" of room on any side to maneuvre in and it still slipped on the frame pretty well

It is also a lot bigger than I'd envisioned, this big black cube has taken up most of the sqft area in my flower room. I had considered also using my hps in there but nope no room now....

Okay enough jabbering pics

IMG 1460
IMG 1618
IMG 1621
IMG 1626
IMG 1627
IMG 1628
IMG 1632
IMG 1637
IMG 1635
IMG 1640
sportyridr

sportyridr

Sept 28, I'm not seeing any indication of flowering yet from my 2 GSC auto's in my 3x3, they're growing great. I plucked a few fan leaves to get more light into them, I wouldn't do that with photo's this early but if these little things are going to flower now they need light penetration i figured so off they went.

I tried flowering through the winter in my basement last year but it was too cold, I added a heater, a 150 watt heat lamp a reptile heat lamp, I also tried enclosing the space. Each of my solutions to cold helped but not enough.

I approached Spider Farmer requesting a larger tent to use both of my SE300 lights in to help me contain the heat, I figure I'll have room to put my fined heater & or heat lamps in it and sleep bags over if I need to

They asked me if I was at the same address. I said yes, after a few emails and within a week I have a 5' X 5' X 6.5 tent.

Needless to say I'm extremely grateful to SpiderFarmer for sending me this beautiful tent.

I wasn't quite ready and then hurricane Fiona blew through knocking out power and putting us on a generator for 2 days...emergency lighting only, so grow lights fridge, coffee maker & internet

I set the tent up today, it took me 5 minutes to put the frame together, then I tried to put the skin on by myself....nope that didn't work...I'm too short on one end to get the skins corners in place and hold them while I pull it on..So I got my wife, both of us are built like mushrooms with short legs. I'm not going to say it was easy but within 30 min we had it on and 1 light in it. If either of us was another 6" taller it would have been a lot easier. We didn't have 6" of room on any side to maneuvre in and it still slipped on the frame pretty well

It is also a lot bigger than I'd envisioned, this big black cube has taken up most of the sqft area in my flower room. I had considered also using my hps in there but nope no room now....

Very nice...also, thanks for the visual of you trying to get the tent together 😂

kuwl

kuwl

Love those cats lol
I have a 5x5x6.5 also I think from Vivosun but anyway it is very spacey in there with lots of room.
I believe I had 8 plants in there at one time.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Love those cats lol
I have a 5x5x6.5 also I think from Vivosun but anyway it is very spacey in there with lots of room.
Love those cats lol
Oct 4th, I was expecting the new exhaust fan today but now they say tomorrow. I have 3 girls in the tent now. A Bubble Bomb, a GSC & a Gelato...I think.....shes still a clone of the missing tag group.

My basement is cold now, our indoor morning temp was 54f and in the basement even cooler. I added a 75w reptile lamp to my 3x3 lifting it to 75f but nothing yet for the 5x5 so I've left the lights on for 24hrs the last 2 days. It was 75f this am but my humidity was 84%. After opening the door it dropped to 60% within minutes. I need more ducting and the new exhaust fan installed.

I have my next round of hopefuls lined up and ready to go and my 3x3 GSC auto's & 5x5 with my bent over mess of 2.5 month old vegged BB,GSc,Gelato?

Fruity OG
QC Blue
Biscotti Skunk
Quebec Blast
Alaska Thunderfuck
Blueberry Kush..pic missing

FruitOG 3week
QCBlue 3 week
Biscot 3week
Quebec Blast 2 weeks
ATF 2 weeks
3x3gsc
IMG 1723
IMG 1726
sportyridr

sportyridr

Oct 4th, I was expecting the new exhaust fan today but now they say tomorrow. I have 3 girls in the tent now. A Bubble Bomb, a GSC & a Gelato...I think.....shes still a clone of the missing tag group.

My basement is cold now, our indoor morning temp was 54f and in the basement even cooler. I added a 75w reptile lamp to my 3x3 lifting it to 75f but nothing yet for the 5x5 so I've left the lights on for 24hrs the last 2 days. It was 75f this am but my humidity was 84%. After opening the door it dropped to 60% within minutes. I need more ducting and the new exhaust fan installed.

I have my next round of hopefuls lined up and ready to go and my 3x3 GSC auto's & 5x5 with my bent over mess of 2.5 month old vegged BB,GSc,Gelato?

Fruity OG
QC Blue
Biscotti Skunk
Quebec Blast
Alaska Thunderfuck
Blueberry Kush..pic missing

Them younguns are off to a good start, looks like that bank was a good choice!

Ones issue is another's gain as getting cooler benefits me as it gets cooler, Hope soon I can put AC & Dehuey in the corner for a bit. I have dropped to 58* or 59* a few times but cold mornings are also lights off time here at Sporty's 2nd Floor Den of Iniquity 😆 (Man, that shoulda been my new journal title.) Most of the time here 65* is about the cold lights off average. This is ok for mature plants with decent roots but I can get into trouble pretty quick with the cold & coco coir needing to be wet all the time with seedlings.

Please be careful with your makeshift heating man. I wouldn't be able to sleep with my mind worrying non stop and I live next door to the FD.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Them younguns are off to a good start, looks like that bank was a good choice!

Ones issue is another's gain as getting cooler benefits me as it gets cooler, Hope soon I can put AC & Dehuey in the corner for a bit. I have dropped to 58* or 59* a few times but cold mornings are also lights off time here at Sporty's 2nd Floor Den of Iniquity 😆 (Man, that shoulda been my new journal title.) Most of the time here 65* is about the cold lights off average. This is ok for mature plants with decent roots but I can get into trouble pretty quick with the cold & coco coir needing to be wet all the time with seedlings.

Please be careful with your makeshift heating man. I wouldn't be able to sleep with my mind worrying non stop and I live next door to the FD.
lol....make shift? it should be fine its just a heater in a light socket, its not touching anything.....now my other " my make shift heater with a dimmer is a bit of a danger a 150w heat lamp puts out a lot of heat...it works very well but it has to be far away from anything flammable....including the plants...I have a fined heater but its keeping my wife warm...until I flip the oil on...then it'll only drop to 64 -65 overnight...

Top Bottom