Pipecarvers Spider Farms SF1000 grow

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
See how many bends, allowing those bottom shoots to move up, then pulling down the top again. Never losing anything.

You might be best served by simply letting them only develop a few nodes, depending on how much light you can give any one plant, but certainly, it increases the budding sites.

Don't be afraid to remove some strategic fans either, to simply get some light to some sprouts underneath, there's more than one way to skin a cat bro.

View attachment 1173922View attachment 1173921
Ya, i don't really do much to them until they're big enough to spread out. Once her arms are big enough and I've transplanted her up to the final pot. I'll be vegging her another 6 weeks so I've lots of time to manipulate her shoots. after another topping or 2 all the shoots / arms should be close to the same height, if I can top them all then I'll have all the tops I can fit under this light. I don't have to flip this girl until I'm ready. I have plenty fish in the fire to keep me going. This is a test and only a test please stand by for future updates...lol ( a movie? A dream? an old radio ad? ) My old grey matter remembers that line from somewhere? Might have been the old 1960's bomb alert warning messages. l lol

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I actually think with 4 plants, you simply may be better off letting them Christmas tree, instead of going for candlebra's, I'm not really sure. But I'm big on preserving and guiding the development of the root tip, I no longer top anything. I can build any shape simply with enough pruning, and leaf removal, if necessary. I also tuck a lot of big leaves under sometimes, so I don't have to remove them, and they can spread out, once the shoot is developed.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I actually think with 4 plants, you simply may be better off letting them Christmas tree, instead of going for candlebra's, I'm not really sure. But I'm big on preserving and guiding the development of the root tip, I no longer top anything. I can build any shape simply with enough pruning, and leaf removal, if necessary. I also tuck a lot of big leaves under sometimes, so I don't have to remove them, and they can spread out, once the shoot is developed.
I'm only going to keep 1 plant under the sf1000 though to flower. As of tomorrow the other 3 go back into my other veg space under t5's & hps (though the day) then back under t5's for the night. I like to top to spread her out and keep them short. Topping also lets me cut clones off the lower shoots sooner than letting it just grow. I'm a topping nut MiMed tried to get me to just bend them over but nope...with scissors in hand I cut.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm only going to keep 1 plant under the sf1000 though to flower. As of tomorrow the other 3 go back into my other veg space under t5's & hps (though the day) then back under t5's for the night. I like to top to spread her out and keep them short. Topping also lets me cut clones off the lower shoots sooner than letting it just grow. I'm a topping nut MiMed tried to get me to just bend them over but nope...with scissors in hand I cut.
I have my veg room back so just this one Bubble Bomb clone from here on in. I had to take my good humidifier out and replace it with a little vaporizer. It has a pretty good regulator and I've got it holding at 62% now after adjusting again this am. Id like it at 65% if I can get the water will last overnight.

100 5953
100 5951
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have my veg room back so just this one Bubble Bomb clone from here on in. I had to take my good humidifier out and replace it with a little vaporizer. It has a pretty good regulator and I've got it holding at 62% now after adjusting again this am. Id like it at 65% if I can get the water will last overnight.
I've transplanted her to a 3 gallon pot...I should have done that 10 days ago judging by the root wrapping I had going on. I noticed it stunting and lower fan leaves off colour.....duh......I'll have to transplant the rest of my girls same age same pots....they grow so quick these little ones, one day they're sprouts and your little babies the next thing yo know you're cutting their necks....funny that eh. ( notice I threw in some Cdn )

I have the light at 15" away with a lux reading close to 25,000. turned to 75%

100 5965
100 5966
100 5969
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've transplanted her to a 3 gallon pot...I should have done that 10 days ago judging by the root wrapping I had going on. I noticed it stunting and lower fan leaves off colour.....duh......I'll have to transplant the rest of my girls same age same pots....they grow so quick these little ones, one day they're sprouts and your little babies the next thing yo know you're cutting their necks....funny that eh. ( notice I threw in some Cdn )

I have the light at 15" away with a lux reading close to 25,000. turned to 75%
Sept 7 looking good

100 5989
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well done~ 🥳
Oct ? update I've been out of the loop for a while but everything is up and running well. My lonely Bubble Bomb is doing great. I've topped it again and I should now have 8 + the lower branches that have caught up. I think I'll go another week before I flip and let my cut tops grow new shoots.

I plan to tie her down now that her branches will reach the sides of the pots. I've been using shity clips in the past but I saw someone here drill holes in the pots lips and tie them....much better.

I was negligent in reading the manual and figured I could just wing it. I had my plant at 13" at 65% giving me a lux close to 25,000....I now see after reading they recommend 18" - 24 " for late vegging plants & 18" for blooming. There is no recommendation for lux readings. I see the chart but it doesn't really have the info I'm looking for or its not in a language I understand fully.

I now have my light 18" above my plant at 100% with a lux reading around 16,000 at the top...only 5,000 at the lower leaves. Both numbers seem too low and if it was with my t5's I'd have it 23,000 at the top and 15,000 at the lower leaves. The only way I can increase the intensity is to lower the light but doing so I come too close for the manufacturer recommended height.

Can anyone help me with this....?

100 6035
100 6036
100 6037
100 6039
growsince79

growsince79

Oct ? update I've been out of the loop for a while but everything is up and running well. My lonely Bubble Bomb is doing great. I've topped it again and I should now have 8 + the lower branches that have caught up. I think I'll go another week before I flip and let my cut tops grow new shoots.

I plan to tie her down now that her branches will reach the sides of the pots. I've been using shity clips in the past but I saw someone here drill holes in the pots lips and tie them....much better.

I was negligent in reading the manual and figured I could just wing it. I had my plant at 13" at 65% giving me a lux close to 25,000....I now see after reading they recommend 18" - 24 " for late vegging plants & 18" for blooming. There is no recommendation for lux readings. I see the chart but it doesn't really have the info I'm looking for or its not in a language I understand fully.

I now have my light 18" above my plant at 100% with a lux reading around 16,000 at the top...only 5,000 at the lower leaves. Both numbers seem too low and if it was with my t5's I'd have it 23,000 at the top and 15,000 at the lower leaves. The only way I can increase the intensity is to lower the light but doing so I come too close for the manufacturer recommended height.

I'm pretty new to leds. One thing I learned is all lux is not created equal. 15000lux led is like 20k cfl. The charts that recommend 60k+ must be for HPS in hydro with co2. I can't even get to 50k with my hlgs. I have also noticed the 4000k and 5000k leds can go closer than the 3000k leds. I'll bet thats why hlg quit making the straight 3000k spectrum. SF looks like its 2 - 5000k to every 1 - 3000k. The rspec is 1 to 1 3000 & 5000K. Your plants should flower good at 35-40k lux.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Oct 20, I tied her down yesterday morning, by the evening before lights out it was up and looking perky. This morning it looks like it wants to get flipped. I think I will oblige her and go 12/12 tonight. I'm still not sure how to increase the intensity without burning her but I'll just let her grow into the light and watch for damage.

100 6059
100 6060
100 6061
100 6071
growsince79

growsince79

Oct 20, I tied her down yesterday morning, by the evening before lights out it was up and looking perky. This morning it looks like it wants to get flipped. I think I will oblige her and go 12/12 tonight. I'm still not sure how to increase the intensity without burning her but I'll just let her grow into the light and watch for damage.
Are you using silica?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Are you using silica?
No I stopped using it. everything was going well with my grows and I started using an Si product but I was having some leaf issues. I stopped using it and those leaf problems went away...Si ? who knows I may not have been using it correctly but I really didn't see an improvement in my plants from using it. I'm just using the GH trio + up & Kool Bloom for a few cycles in flower.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
No I stopped using it. everything was going well with my grows and I started using an Si product but I was having some leaf issues. I stopped using it and those leaf problems went away...Si ? who knows I may not have been using it correctly but I really didn't see an improvement in my plants from using it. I'm just using the GH trio + up & Kool Bloom for a few cycles in flower.
Oct 23, I finely got around to changing my timer to 12/12. She has perked up and spread out after I bent her over and tied her down 4 days ago. It appears as though she likes it rough and is willing to do a little BDSM any time I need her to.......

I have my light18" above her and at 100%, with a lux reading at 18,000, I'll let her grow into the light as she stretches keeping an eye out for burning leaves.

100 6080
100 6083
100 6084
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oct 23, I finely got around to changing my timer to 12/12. She has perked up and spread out after I bent her over and tied her down 4 days ago. It appears as though she likes it rough and is willing to do a little BDSM any time I need her to.......

I have my light18" above her and at 100%, with a lux reading at 18,000, I'll let her grow into the light as she stretches keeping an eye out for burning leaves.
Oct 26 She's doing great, nice colour and look of the leaves is healthy. 3 days after 12/12 she's looking fine. I need to feed her today and I lifted her up about 3" to get her in the 23,000 lux range. The humidity and temps have been right on without adding moisture but I noticed it down a bit today so I turned the vaporizer on about 1/4 of its range.

100 6095
100 6096
100 6099
100 6100
Madmax

Madmax

Looking good mate.early on i thought the light is stressing your plant seeing those leaves a little crinkly..they seemed to have flattened out more now..

I believe these leds have more poke than what the lux meter makes out..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oct 26 She's doing great, nice colour and look of the leaves is healthy. 3 days after 12/12 she's looking fine. I need to feed her today and I lifted her up about 3" to get her in the 23,000 lux range. The humidity and temps have been right on without adding moisture but I noticed it down a bit today so I turned the vaporizer on about 1/4 of its range.
Oct 29 There has been an upgrade in lighting. I now have the Se3000 up and running. It was easy to assemble and It took me about an hour to unpack, assemble and install. I like that it has a long cord from the light to the driver & dimmer so I was able to remove it from the light and attach it to a board on the outside of the room with my timers and power bars to keep it and the light board cooler.

I hope I haven't screwed up by leaving a small red light on my little vaporizer I'm using for a humidifier. Today when I shut off the SF1000 the red light was on...I've duct tapped it up now but that's 4-5 days its been on since I flipped her...Time will tell.

I watered her today a I gave her 1 tbs Epsom salts / gallon and the run off gave me a Ph of 6.45 and PPM 725......just fine for now. I have the light at 80% - 19 " away from my plant giving me a lux reading on top of the canopy around 30,000.

100 6110
100 6112
100 6114
100 6116
100 6117
Last edited:

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Oct 29 There has been an upgrade in lighting. I now have the Se3000 up and running. It was easy to assemble and It took me about an hour to unpack, assemble and install. I like that it has a long cord from the light to the driver & dimmer so I was able to remove it from the light and attach it to a board on the outside of the room with my timers and power bars to keep it and the light board cooler.

I hope I haven't screwed up by leaving a small red light on my little vaporizer I'm using for a humidifier. Today when I shut off the SF1000 the red light was on...I've duct tapped it up now but that's 4-5 days its been on since I flipped her...Time will tell.

I watered her today a I gave her 1 tbs Epsom salts / gallon and the run off gave me a Ph of 6.45 and PPM 725......just fine for now. I have the light at 80% - 19 " away from my plant giving me a lux reading on top of the canopy around 30,000.
Gooooooo~

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Gooooooo~
I made the move to another page with my upgraded SE3000 titled

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
I made the move to another page with my upgraded SE3000 titled

View attachment 1190482

Got it~

Top Bottom