Piranha & Tarantula from Advanced Nutrients, 2nd time grow, are they any good?

• Thread starter KushMaster707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Flowers

ok thanks man. rabbit poo is interesting, don't know much about it.

C

CT Guy

I dont know much about teas.

I feed EJ's line up and bubble it well.

I have rabbits. My buddy told me adding a couple of handfuls of their manure would add a ton of micro life to my feed....and plants, obviously.

Does this sound right?

Here's the thing with manures:

They can be great, but they need to be composted first. Don't make a tea out of raw manures or top dress with them. Beyond the potential pathogen issue, it could cause nitrogen lockout or possibly burn the plants.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Stuff is like 6 months old with myco colonies growing on it under a tarp.

My aunt had a big quarter horse farm and she would laugh abouth the 1 year vintage, 2 year vintage and 3 year vintage shit. She just made a different pile(s) every year so we could know kinda how hot of a manure we were getting.

I want to use a very sparing amount, not for the N benefits, although they gotta be there, also. I was wondering more about fungal or microbial life that I would be adding with this rabbit poo.

The horse shit is so big..compared to the little rabbit pellets. It must have a shorter break-down than the horse manure, which is my only experience.

How I test "hot" in a situation like this...other than start small? Like I said, it has webs all thru it and looks like its breaking down nicely. I was thinking a cup or so in a 35 gal res and bubble with 1/4-1/2 strength nutes.

If it isn't adding to my soil web, I dont care to use it. As it could turn into a variable I dont wanna deal with for the nutrient's sake alone

Thanks for the help here, BTW.

666elsie

I see most R not from BC!! AN can lick my brunn[aka asshole] 2wice they are not on the scientic end,the thieving end YES!!heard it rite form the lieons trap.I give em no respect.
Way better and cheaper products out there..jus my nickel!!

C

CT Guy

Stuff is like 6 months old with myco colonies growing on it under a tarp.

My aunt had a big quarter horse farm and she would laugh abouth the 1 year vintage, 2 year vintage and 3 year vintage shit. She just made a different pile(s) every year so we could know kinda how hot of a manure we were getting.

I want to use a very sparing amount, not for the N benefits, although they gotta be there, also. I was wondering more about fungal or microbial life that I would be adding with this rabbit poo.

The horse shit is so big..compared to the little rabbit pellets. It must have a shorter break-down than the horse manure, which is my only experience.

How I test "hot" in a situation like this...other than start small? Like I said, it has webs all thru it and looks like its breaking down nicely. I was thinking a cup or so in a 35 gal res and bubble with 1/4-1/2 strength nutes.

If it isn't adding to my soil web, I dont care to use it. As it could turn into a variable I dont wanna deal with for the nutrient's sake alone

Thanks for the help here, BTW.

It's going to have some bacteria, but if you're not looking for N, then I'd stick with earthworm castings because you'll have better biological diversity and no risk of pathogens. (not to mention if the horse has been fed any anti-biotics, worming medicine, etc...)

M

Morals

I'm a fan of AN. Experience and results don't lie and I've never had whiter,thicker,healthier,faster growing roots. I will be trying great white soon and making some comparisons, but for now Tarantula,and Piranha are the bread and butter for developing a healthy micro life in your soil and on your roots.

homebrew420

homebrew420

yes they both work. Well. greatwhite I have heard is pretty much the same. Keep in mind it is unnessisary to give this to the plant every feeding. It innoculates the soil or media. Then they are present long after the plant has been harvested within the medium. In fact there are a number of commercial hydro tomato growers that reuse rockwool slabs for years just replacing the plants. They do this because the growers found the micro flora do not migrate into the res and stay put in the media.

Peace

S

StrongPimpin

Ive been using ionic and g.h. Couldnt be more dissapointed. So i just switched to a nice a.n line up.

K

knowboddy

thanks knowboddy. so your saying not to use piranha and tarantula in the same watering?

No, what I'm saying is that I'm skeptical of the viability of those organisms when someone mixes it all up into a single bottle. Freshness is important when you're talking about living things.

Each batch of product has to go from the huge mixing/holding tank into all the bottles, which takes some time. Then it has to go from there to the store and it may or may not make a stop at a warehouse or two along the way.

So it probably is at least a week old if not a month or more before it even reaches the shop. Then it sits in the storage room or on the shelf for who knows how long until someone buys it. The guys that run the shops are usually pretty good about FIFO (first in, first out) but it's hard to know how seriously they take that unless you know them personally.

And if you buy online the same problems can exist except of course you can't even look at the bottles on the shelf to try to gauge how long they might have been there (dust, etc).

So it's important to do everything possible to maximize the potential for survival of all those micro-beasties in solution.

Once you mix them into your reservoir it's fine to use them all together - you're creating a friendly environment for them to live and thrive. Inside a bottle sitting on a shelf is at best non-hostile.

half baked

half baked

im confused, in the uk piranha and turantula are in powder form, you will be fine with both products, is it also in liquid form in the USA?

peace hb

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

im confused, in the uk piranha and turantula are in powder form, you will be fine with both products, is it also in liquid form in the USA?

peace hb

It was but I believe they stop making it in liquid form, so it can only be bought in powder form now.

M

mellokitty

here in BC, reputable growers who don't want to support thieving, libelous, sell-out gangsters who use their henchmen to intimidate their chemists into working without pay, *don't *fucking *buy *AN.

S

sourdiesel8888

if u wanna grow the dankest herb u gota use an big bud an bud candy an piranha and humboldt gravity try it i guarentee u will have the biggest rock hard sticky frost nugs u have ever grown indoor or outdoor

C

CT Guy

if u wanna grow the dankest herb u gota use an big bud an bud candy an piranha and humboldt gravity try it i guarentee u will have the biggest rock hard sticky frost nugs u have ever grown indoor or outdoor

Sorry man, but this is just plain wrong. AN is for people who don't know how to grow properly and would rather fall prey to cheap marketing ploys than learn how to be a gardener.

T

the_german

hey guys,

Piranha and tarantula in liquid form is the new one and will also arrive in the uk the next time.
the powder will be discontinued.

the whole shit about this is that the bottled piranha and tarantula (1L) costs about 190 euros. this is a bit more than 200 dollars

Also wouldnt buy tarantula in powder form anymore, the new voodoo juice has all the stuff in it.

But I like the piranha powder, its great for mixing with soil, also works in hydro for me.

CT Guy, u dont need to buy a whole nutrient line up.
youre right, their complete schedule is made for people who cannot grow properly.
But, their SensiA&B is cheap and works for me. also big bud and b52 blows the shit outta your buds. a lot of people can agree with this 3 products.
also H&G and General Hydro have great products, u have to pick the ones u like and work for u.

greets
the german

Top Bottom