Pistils turning brown on calyx - end of week 3 flowering

• Thread starter Jasontherelentless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jasontherelentless

Jasontherelentless

Hi guys,

first time grower here, I am currently having problems with my plants during week 3 of flower and would love any advice/help

First of all about my setup -
- 1x1x2m grow tent,
- Soil in 10L fabric pots,
- nutrient range - bloom yellow bottle for 4week veg (minus foliar feed)
-Light - mars hydro 2000 tsw,

Temp stays around 25 degrees with lights on and around 20 with lights off, humidity is 45-50

Problems

1. most of the pistils from the pre flower/calyx have turned brown and shrived - this is also happening to some pistils on the buds, but nowhere near as much, I admit I was using a foliar spray, but have stopped that

2. I think I have noticed a pollen sack forming on one of my branches.. (4th photo)

I did have a slight problem with fungus gnats in the early days, after yellow sticky traps and fungus gnat barrier I seem to have the problem under control, and this week I accidentally split the stem my plant, i bandaged up asap and the plant didn’t seem to skip a beat, apart from that it has been a fairly stress free grow, so any ideas as to why my pistils are browning would be appreciated

Pistils turning brown on calyx   end of week 3 flowering
Pistils turning brown on calyx   end of week 3 flowering 2
Pistils turning brown on calyx   end of week 3 flowering 3
Pistils turning brown on calyx   end of week 3 flowering 4
Jasontherelentless

Jasontherelentless

Yep that’s normal buddy . Welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site. Regards OD.
Thanks,
Ok phew, you have put my mind to ease Was thinking one of my plants have hermied and pollenated itself from googling,

however am a bit concerned about the growth in the first pic, looks very pollen sackish to me, will monitor it and keep my fingers crossed

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks,
Ok phew, you have put my mind to ease Was thinking one of my plants have hermied and pollenated itself from googling,

however am a bit concerned about the growth in the first pic, looks very pollen sackish to me, will monitor it and keep my fingers crossed
Yes that dose look a bit sus to me maybe a better pic if possible good pick up they farmer 😉.

Jasontherelentless

Jasontherelentless

Have tried to get better pics, however the suspect branch is right in the middle of the tent might have to wait a few days and see if it grows,

have attached a hopefully clearer pic, and I guess it could be a calyx that was damaged by my netting on closer inspection,

I have also noticed there is some new growth where the calyx’s were/usually grow that looks suspicious, have attached photos of them too (again if it’s normal I apologize I’m just a stress head and want to get my babies as close to perfect as possible)
22EE228A 60BC 4D10 9E71 E1663B10D427
28432A8D 56FD 470B A7ED 515EEC42A6D6
A5DF65A1 2287 43B2 9750 CDE046E9C197

Top Bottom