Pistils turning orange brown only 4 weeks flower

• Thread starter Grdnguy86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grdnguy86

So I’ve read a few reasons why the pistils might be turning brown already. Could be pollinated, could light stress, could be strain genetics…..I don’t see any signs of males, I have four plants, from feminized seeds. Ruled out light stress because it’s affecting all the buds even below canopy. Trichomes appear to be clear still. Only 4 weeks in on the White widow. Should I be worried? I have had a bunch of leaves turning yellow with brown spots as well. Started CAl Mag in my feedings. This is my first grow so not sure if this is normal. Thanks!

Pistils turning orange brown only 4 weeks flower
Pistils turning orange brown only 4 weeks flower 2
Pistils turning orange brown only 4 weeks flower 3
Pistils turning orange brown only 4 weeks flower 4
Pistils turning orange brown only 4 weeks flower 5
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks! That’s a relief. 4 more weeks or so to go. So excited.
Some will brown earlier than others. New white pistils will form for a while too. Your buds are still growing.

Don't cut just because the 4 more weeks has passed and the strain information says they should be ready. Check to be sure. It's not unusual to take a little bit longer sometimes.

J

JacksonH

I'm growing in a greenhouse and mine look pretty similar. They have been under extreme heat during the afternoon, getting over 110 degrees F on occasion, and once over 120. I actually am surprised that they are doing so well.

Beautiful close up pictures. What are you using?

G

Grdnguy86

Some will brown earlier than others. New white pistils will form for a while too. Your buds are still growing.

Don't cut just because the 4 more weeks has passed and the strain information says they should be ready. Check to be sure. It's not unusual to take a little bit longer sometimes.
Cool. I’ll be sure to check the trichomes before harvesting. Glad to know they are on track

G

Grdnguy86

I'm growing in a greenhouse and mine look pretty similar. They have been under extreme heat during the afternoon, getting over 110 degrees F on occasion, and once over 120. I actually am surprised that they are doing so well.

Beautiful close up pictures. What are you using?
Thanks Jackson! iPhone 11 takes some good pics i guess haha my sexy ladies love posing for pics 😂

C

cansa0722

I have the same one. It is turning brown. I am so worry as well.
D8D25FB3 CD25 4564 B563 F7572A948CAC

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
@Grdnguy86 Any pics of the plants at the end of flower? It's normal for the flowers to start to show pistils changing colors anywhere from weeks 4-6.

G

Grdnguy86

@Grdnguy86 Any pics of the plants at the end of flower? It's normal for the flowers to start to show pistils changing colors anywhere from weeks 4-6.
My first grow ever. Flowered for 65 days. Had to harvest a week earlier than I wanted to. Made a ton of mistakes along the way. So I’m pretty stoked to have this end result. I’ll know the final yield tomorrow. I’ve smoked a few of the smaller dry nugs and it’s out of this world good. Not sure what I was smoking before but this white widow is legit.

5F282C6E C64A 4301 BFDB DD49AC61956C
A0E960A8 7AA6 4B3F B789 D9B60CA7F1F5
AA6ECEEA 0AFB 47A8 BA1D FA7980ACE45B
A5DE7812 CBD5 4809 A227 F36B330F4E84
G

Grdnguy86

All dry and in jars for curing. Just over ONE POUND!!😊 from four plants. Hope I didn’t over dry them. Stems snapped pretty easily. Already smokes like a champ, I’m excited to see what a nice cure will turn it into. Thanks to this site and to everyone who help calm my nerves along my first grow journey!! Already have more growing. Don’t think I’ll ever stop. So much fun!!

F4569A5B 1CA8 4DBD 8A17 F0EB4DB41849
D497FA70 EEA1 4D44 82D9 CE47D0079B04
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Very nice! Congrats on successfully producing some high quality Cannabis your first time doing it. I'm curious, what light did you use? How many watts?

G

Grdnguy86

Used two 120w Samsung Flexstar LED and a Spider Farmer SF2000 200w. I think it was overkill for the 4x4x8 tent. Started having issues once I added the Spiderfarmer. Mainly because I let the plants get to tall and had uneven canopy. so I couldn’t control light amount very well.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

So I’ve read a few reasons why the pistils might be turning brown already. Could be pollinated, could light stress, could be strain genetics…..I don’t see any signs of males, I have four plants, from feminized seeds. Ruled out light stress because it’s affecting all the buds even below canopy. Trichomes appear to be clear still. Only 4 weeks in on the White widow. Should I be worried? I have had a bunch of leaves turning yellow with brown spots as well. Started CAl Mag in my feedings. This is my first grow so not sure if this is normal. Thanks!
It could be genetics too. I've had autos ready at day 65 then grew that same strain again and it goes 13 weeks. A lot depends on genetics. You growing an F1 or higher? My point is there is always genetic instability chances. Is it all your flowers on all plants? Or just 1? I guess I should have asked that first. Apologies

G

Grdnguy86

It could be genetics too. I've had autos ready at day 65 then grew that same strain again and it goes 13 weeks. A lot depends on genetics. You growing an F1 or higher? My point is there is always genetic instability chances. Is it all your flowers on all plants? Or just 1? I guess I should have asked that first. Apologies
Turns out it was pretty normal from what I could gather. Buds slowly got bigger and hairs all slowly turned color. Harvested last week with results I’m thrilled with. I posted pics😊 Not sure what you mean by an F1? I’ll have to look that up lol

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Turns out it was pretty normal from what I could gather. Buds slowly got bigger and hairs all slowly turned color. Harvested last week with results I’m thrilled with. I posted pics😊 Not sure what you mean by an F1? I’ll have to look that up lol
F1 is 1st generation f2 second and so on. F6 seeds will have more genetic stability than an f1 or f3. That's why breeders are looking for landrace strains. Aka old pure bred strains growing wild for 1000s or millions of years. They are genetically sound.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
So that's 440 Watts that produced about 454 grams (1 pound). 1 g/W is a very good crop, especially for your first grow! Sounds like next grow a focus should be on promoting an even canopy early and working to keep it even to get even light distribution to your flower tops. Topping plus FIM with a little bit of LST is the way I like to go. There are various ways to do it. Have fun growing and never stop learning!

Latest posts

Top Bottom