Pistons Browing week 3. Strange bud formation

• Thread starter HydroFlo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HydroFlo

How's it going fellow growers.

I am week 3 of flower on a hydro grow. Not my first rodeo, but definitely the first time I have come across this situation, wondering if anyone can spot the issue. Will try to beat explain what's going on. Here goes

So in my veg room I am running LED lights. In my flowering room I have a formation of both LED and 600W HPS lights. I have entered into week 3 of flowering and the formation of buds look deformed and the pistons are browning. What is strange though is the pistons at the bottom do not seem to be browning, so I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the HPS burning the pistons away. However, even the plants that are under the LEDs seem to have the issue. There is one strain in the room that doesn't seem to be affected (Gorilla glue). I have thought about adding a glass protector under the HPS bulbs to see if this is the issue. Can anyone with some skills and more experience perhaps identity or make a suggestion. I'm stumped. I'm hoping I've caught it early enough to rectify the problem. My EC is only at 1.3/4 so I doubt it is nutrient burn. There are also no males in the room to cause pollination so I've ruled that out. I've added a video for viewing so have a gander. Cheers guys

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
That looks weird genetics. We’re did you get your beans and what are they? Fem? Auto? Regular?

H

HydroFlo

That looks weird genetics. We’re did you get your beans and what are they? Fem? Auto? Regular?
Regular clones man. Had some of them in the last run but was only running LEDs. Funny enough most of them died off. You don't think it's anything to do with lighting ?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Mutated genetics. Sometimes shit happens if you don't consistently constantly give her what she needs. From mother to clone to veg to flower.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Then yeah lights would be my next guess, but I’m by no means the dude to talk to on that, I’m a led guy all day.

H

HydroFlo

Mutated genetics. Sometimes shit happens if you don't consistently constantly give her what she needs. From mother to clone to veg to flower.
If this is the case, what would your next move be? Worth carrying to full cycle ?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I read that using the style and voice of a beat poet.

"Will try to beat explain what's going on...."

I don't think you did say what variety it is? If you know. Maybe you could ask whoever gave them to you? Maybe they have the same issue.

It could be the light/heat, how far up is the light from the plants? You did say that only the ones around the tops are affected.

If not, and other culprirts are ruled out, from bugs to some kind of nutrient deficiency........if it is genetic, that doesn't have to be a bad thing. Have the hairs that turned golor shriveled back at all? Some varieties can have colored pistils......

See how things develop over the next 1-3 weeks. They've really just begun to flower, over the next 2, 3 weeks fowering should accelerate. See what happens........

H

HydroFlo

I read that using the style and voice of a beat poet.

"Will try to beat explain what's going on...."

I don't think you did say what variety it is? If you know. Maybe you could ask whoever gave them to you? Maybe they have the same issue.

It could be the light/heat, how far up is the light from the plants? You did say that only the ones around the tops are affected.

If not, and other culprirts are ruled out, from bugs to some kind of nutrient deficiency........if it is genetic, that doesn't have to be a bad thing. Have the hairs that turned golor shriveled back at all? Some varieties can have colored pistils......

See how things develop over the next 1-3 weeks. They've really just begun to flower, over the next 2, 3 weeks fowering should accelerate. See what happens........
I've purchased some material to put in front of the HPS lights, to weaken the intensity and have also cut off the CO2 supply. Will see if that makes a difference over time. Appreciate the support man !

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

If this is the case, what would your next move be? Worth carrying to full cycle

In your case I'd cut them down and start over immediately to prevent wasted time. That's if you notice that the plant isn't doin what you want.

I have a blue gelato strain. Got 6 plants going those 6 are mutants. The fan leaves are growing little buds on the fan leave besides the nodes. And I know it will fuck up the end product but I'm gonna grind it up and smoke so I let them go cause there are buds.

H

HydroFlo

In your case I'd cut them down and start over immediately to prevent wasted time. That's if you notice that the plant isn't doin what you want.

I have a blue gelato strain. Got 6 plants going those 6 are mutants. The fan leaves are growing little buds on the fan leave besides the nodes. And I know it will fuck up the end product but I'm gonna grind it up and smoke so I let them go cause there are buds.
Funny enough 4 of mine are actually blue gelatos. Funny looking things. I'm going to leave it another week or so and see what happens.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Funny enough 4 of mine are actually blue gelatos. Funny looking things. I'm going to leave it another week or so and see what happens.
You said they're entering the 3rd week of flowering? That means you flipped to 12/12 about 14 days ago? This is really the beginning of flowering, so I would tend to wait, it will only take another 10 days or so to determine if they're accelerating the flower production, or something is truly wrong. You didn't say the distance of your lights from the plants or intensity level of your LED......i don't know if I would put something to block the light, I would either raise it, tie down the plants/branches, or both. You can always lower the lights again........and a fan blowing up at the HPS to drive some of the heat up/away.

Top Bottom