PK Monster Closet | Deep water culture (dwc) | Gorilla Glue

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Aqua Man would you think a one to one ratio of 7.5 grams would cause any deficiency? trying to get her to be less green
2021 01 18 001426

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man would you think a one to one ratio of 7.5 grams would cause any deficiency? trying to get her to be less green
View attachment 1080640
You won't be able to. Once they uptake to much nitrogen it stays. New growth will change but not the existing.

What are you adding by weight at the moment?

I know most think the more feed you can get them to uptake the faster they will grow but its just not the case.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
You won't be able to. Once they uptake to much nitrogen it stays. New growth will change but not the existing.

What are you adding by weight at the moment?

I know most think the more feed you can get them to uptake the faster they will grow but its just not the case.
not sure what you mean by adding weight? encase you mean measurements i am doing 7.5 part a and 12.5 part b in 12 gallon. ppm 650

PK1

PK1

Supporter
2021 01 20 151728

I have to admit that i am very very much liking growing hydro style. I think I can see why majority of growers love the rockwool cubes or coco. Less headache with water change and constant watering. The scrooge net is up and except for training i don't even bother checking the roots and rez temps anymore. I just throw a 2L ice bottle in there and call it a day for temperature. I do have to admit though that at 19c the growth was allot better.
Ph always at 5.8 lol it never changes but the plant is doing great and no signs of deficiency or toxicity.
670 ppm
2021 01 20 151738

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking fantastic. I'm like you after you get your shit figured I only check if I have issues. Even my coco down i just fill and toss my shit in. After a while its redundant but i sure couldn't do that without the initial testing to verify and adjust.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Looking fantastic. I'm like you after you get your shit figured I only check if I have issues. Even my coco down i just fill and toss my shit in. After a while its redundant but i sure couldn't do that without the initial testing to verify and adjust.
absolutely, There is no reason to look for problems when they don't exist. Sometimes we are our own enemy, lol!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
one thing i can't get my head around is the ph. it doesn't swing but the plant is growing

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

one thing i can't get my head around is the ph. it doesn't swing but the plant is growing
They grow well over a much wider ph than ppl think.... you really don't need a ph drift. But you sure don't want large ph swings.

• Haha
PK1

PK1

Supporter
They grow well over a much wider ph than ppl think.... you really don't need a ph drift. But you sure don't want large ph swings.
you definitely don't want huge ph swing. I've had that, it was a nightmare. The ph down i was using cough cough, TBN was not stabilizing the ph at all.
It was drifting every 5 min or so. At one point i just gave up and throw it in the garbage lol!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

you definitely don't want huge ph swing. I've had that, it was a nightmare. The ph down i was using cough cough, TBN was not stabilizing the ph at all.
It was drifting every 5 min or so. At one point i just gave up and throw it in the garbage lol!
Probably citric acid?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, so far i've been able to get one clone off of her. I need the smaller branches to grow so i can clone some more and then throw her to flower. At the same time I've another GG in soil which i am thinking of keeping as mother. The only issue is that i don't know if the one in soil is a female! LMFAO!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
so, its been two weeks and the water levels and ppm has been the same. even if there is any evaporation, it's very minor. however, i feel like she is growing but i'm not sure since i see it everyday. regardless though, the ppm has been at 630 for two weeks? ideas?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
also, my new babe girls broke ground this morning. On the left we have blueberry cheese and on the right is the cinderella G13. Dos Si is behind as the first seed that i just dropped in soil didn't work and i lost the seed. lol, i dropped another in cup of water and i'll just stick to what i do best and that paper towel method.
2021 01 22 182714

This is my Clone and seedling tent with everything that consist of. Got a lettuce in a coke bottle, trying to get avocado to germinate and a pineapple to regrow. Below the pineapple plant i got a three apple plants growing. Two of them didn't make the pic lol but they are doing good and the one in the picture i topped few days ago. Not sure if i gotta do that or not but experimenting away since the light is there.

The three three cups with the little plants; Two of them that are next to each other are the blueberry and G13 the one above it is the seedling i had in rockwool. It's on ehr last stretch and though i just put it in soil.

Also, i know i gotta clean that water out on the floor. lol, its from the clone box with 18 clones in promix
2021 01 22 182954

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hkws the roots look? Maybe try a touch lower humidity to increase uptake but watch for overfeeding then.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Hkws the roots look? Maybe try a touch lower humidity to increase uptake but watch for overfeeding then.
Hkws?
roots look good. White, clean and growing. the plant is growing too. Both ppm readers give me the same results.
very strange.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hkws?
roots look good. White, clean and growing. the plant is growing too. Both ppm readers give me the same results.
very strange.
How big the res?

If all looks well I wouldn't be concerned but rather just keep an eye out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plant should probably drink maybe couple hundred ml a day most at that size.... would be hardly noticeable in 12 gal. At peak they will drink between a gal and 1.5 gal likely in your setup but thats a ways off yet.

I wouldn't be concerned at this point if all looks good.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
really hate throwing away all that nutrient water, but a water change sure is overdue. The down part is that the rez water actually looks clean and no massive buildups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom