Place For Drying My Girls

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

Our Son suggested drying in a Tent which would work.

Thing is we was thinking of drying in my small Tent and growing my Autos outside of a Tent which would defeat the purpose of them being in a Tent to keep the smell down .

Right now we are drying in a room that isn’t dark. Actually it is a room we are building on.

oLd1

freezeland2

freezeland2

Wherever you put them it needs to be dark and 60 - 70 degrees and a 55 - 60% rh. A little air circulation but not blowing directly on them helps. 60/60 temp/rh is ideal but hard to achieve by the average home grower with the resources at our disposal.

I use a closet. Works great.

TSD

TSD

Definitely want it dark or you're going to lose flavor and possibly some potency.

rayi

rayi

How much are you talking about. Big cardboard box with heavy string can work for small amounts

tobh

tobh

Supporter
eh, dark doesn't really matter imo. so long it's not some insane level of lighting. the temps and RH are what matters most.

shit i dry in my garage. can maintain it at 60F and 60% RH fairly easily and my buds turn out better than what people are buying at the dispensaries -- not my opinion, that's feedback from people that smoke what I produce. I don't even smoke personally, shit gives me anxiety anymore.

EDIT: clarification. "insane level of lighting" is equal to growing levels of light. A bar light on the sealing, or even a sealing light, is inconsequential. it's not going to affect a damn thing. look at how commercial growers dry. racks on racks on racks in a well lit room for people to work in. is their shit still terpy? hell yeah. is it still potent? yes it is.