Place For Drying My Girls

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

Our Son suggested drying in a Tent which would work.

Thing is we was thinking of drying in my small Tent and growing my Autos outside of a Tent which would defeat the purpose of them being in a Tent to keep the smell down .

Right now we are drying in a room that isn’t dark. Actually it is a room we are building on.

oLd1

freezeland2

freezeland2

Wherever you put them it needs to be dark and 60 - 70 degrees and a 55 - 60% rh. A little air circulation but not blowing directly on them helps. 60/60 temp/rh is ideal but hard to achieve by the average home grower with the resources at our disposal.

I use a closet. Works great.

TSD

TSD

Definitely want it dark or you're going to lose flavor and possibly some potency.

rayi

rayi

How much are you talking about. Big cardboard box with heavy string can work for small amounts

tobh

tobh

Supporter
eh, dark doesn't really matter imo. so long it's not some insane level of lighting. the temps and RH are what matters most.

shit i dry in my garage. can maintain it at 60F and 60% RH fairly easily and my buds turn out better than what people are buying at the dispensaries -- not my opinion, that's feedback from people that smoke what I produce. I don't even smoke personally, shit gives me anxiety anymore.

EDIT: clarification. "insane level of lighting" is equal to growing levels of light. A bar light on the sealing, or even a sealing light, is inconsequential. it's not going to affect a damn thing. look at how commercial growers dry. racks on racks on racks in a well lit room for people to work in. is their shit still terpy? hell yeah. is it still potent? yes it is.

Zombierider

Zombierider

I’m
eh, dark doesn't really matter imo. so long it's not some insane level of lighting. the temps and RH are what matters most.

shit i dry in my garage. can maintain it at 60F and 60% RH fairly easily and my buds turn out better than what people are buying at the dispensaries -- not my opinion, that's feedback from people that smoke what I produce. I don't even smoke personally, shit gives me anxiety anymore.

EDIT: clarification. "insane level of lighting" is equal to growing levels of light. A bar light on the sealing, or even a sealing light, is inconsequential. it's not going to affect a damn thing. look at how commercial growers dry. racks on racks on racks in a well lit room for people to work in. is their shit still terpy? hell yeah. is it still potent? yes it is.
I’m setting a grow tent up for drying and have a 6 inch in-line fan exhausting from ducting on the ceiling of the tent, and passive intake below. Will the exhaust running like 24/7 cause the bud to dry out too quickly cuz it’s always sucking air through the vents? I figure it will probably run often if not 24/7 cuz I’m always battle high humidity here in VA. I appreciate the advice! About the harvest in a couple days and don’t wanna mess up the drying part!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Our Son suggested drying in a Tent which would work.

Thing is we was thinking of drying in my small Tent and growing my Autos outside of a Tent which would defeat the purpose of them being in a Tent to keep the smell down .

Right now we are drying in a room that isn’t dark. Actually it is a room we are building on.

oLd1
Seed to stoned has a good video on setting up a drying area, I put together something similar to his budget build. Will let you know how it works…

E9noxis

E9noxis

I’m

I’m setting a grow tent up for drying and have a 6 inch in-line fan exhausting from ducting on the ceiling of the tent, and passive intake below. Will the exhaust running like 24/7 cause the bud to dry out too quickly cuz it’s always sucking air through the vents? I figure it will probably run often if not 24/7 cuz I’m always battle high humidity here in VA. I appreciate the advice! About the harvest in a couple days and don’t wanna mess up the drying part!
I did a 6inch intake from my carbon filter in front of an air purifier. Into the drying box (2x2x30" grow tent on its side)
There was a 6 inch non oscillating fan on its side by the intake. On low which is weak because the fan sucks. It was just there to keep it moving a bit.
When humidity hit 72, the 6inch inline in my big tent turned on. It pulls at half power through a 4 inch vent coming out of the dry box. Until the dry box was down to 50. I did this for 7 days. Everything dried nice.

But...

I have a hay smell on my lsd. The blue widow list almost an ounce to some kind of tiny mold looking stuff.

It was a good system. Just need to adjust all the parameters.

So yeah. It could dry it too quickly

Top Bottom