plain water ph vs feed ph.

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

i was reading somewhere the other day someone talking about different ph for plain water vs your feed ph. is this true? i’ve always gave plain water at or very close to the same ph as my feed. i ph my feed anywhere from 5.8-6.2. almost always have to use ph down usually start at 6.4-6.7. every now and again i’ll add roots, and protekt to my plain water day and i do ph this to the same range as my full feed water as there is technically feed in it. but the days i give plain water i always ph down to 6.0 hardly ever lower. how does everyone else do this? can’t find much info around.. am i delivering my 100% plain water at the wrong ranges? it’s tap water and my tap water sits at like 8.1 ph 230-270 ppms. i’m in promix cut with perlite. thanks 🙏🏽

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Gotta bump the thread if no immediate responses or it gets lost in the back of the list and no one sees it.

That said if you have water with that high of ppm i would mix it with ro filtered water down to 150 ppm or so.

Failing that i would ph down to the same as you are doing to your feed mix or you risk rising ph in the medium from all the calcium and minerals in the water.

Top Bottom