Plan to take clones from a Russet mite infested plant - will this work?

• Thread starter Milarepa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milarepa

Milarepa

My veg room has russet mites. I'm going to destroy most of the plants and reset the room.
However, there is one strain I grew from seed that I'm hopeful will yield great flowers that I just don't want to scrap. However, if I think there is even a 10% chance that the mites will remain by keeping the clones I would not do it. I just don't want to have to fight with these little monsters.

So, here is what I'm thinking might work. Take 3 plants and put them in another room that is clean. Before putting them in that room I will dunk them in a 5 gallon bucket filled with a solution of Forbid. Then 4 or 5 days later dunk them in a solution of Avid. Then 5 days later either spray them with Micronized (Wettable) sulfur or use Grandevo and Venerate xc. I'm not sure if the residual Avid would kill the microbials?

Then I would take cuttings, put them in my cloner which I will relocate to my room. After clones are fully rooted I will dunk them in Forbid and put them in the newly scrubbed veg room.

Would this have a high probability of completely eliminating the mites and prevent their return?

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

My veg room has russet mites. I'm going to destroy most of the plants and reset the room.
However, there is one strain I grew from seed that I'm hopeful will yield great flowers that I just don't want to scrap. However, if I think there is even a 10% chance that the mites will remain by keeping the clones I would not do it. I just don't want to have to fight with these little monsters.

So, here is what I'm thinking might work. Take 3 plants and put them in another room that is clean. Before putting them in that room I will dunk them in a 5 gallon bucket filled with a solution of Forbid. Then 4 or 5 days later dunk them in a solution of Avid. Then 5 days later either spray them with Micronized (Wettable) sulfur or use Grandevo and Venerate xc. I'm not sure if the residual Avid would kill the microbials?

Then I would take cuttings, put them in my cloner which I will relocate to my room. After clones are fully rooted I will dunk them in Forbid and put them in the newly scrubbed veg room.

Would this have a high probability of completely eliminating the mites and prevent their return?

Bleach the grow room, i wouldn't use / keep any clone from a plant that's been infested. You can use all the precautions in the world but miss just one mite and that's it, you will have to fight again and I've had my share of pests. I just wouldn't take that chance, whatever you decide to do i wish you all the best. Gotta hate mites

Homesteader

Homesteader

Stupid question maybe but are you sure it's russet mites?

Milarepa

Milarepa

Stupid question maybe but are you sure it's russet mites?
Bleach the grow room, i wouldn't use / keep any clone from a plant that's been infested. You can use all the precautions in the world but miss just one mite and that's it, you will have to fight again and I've had my share of pests. I just wouldn't take that chance, whatever you decide to do i wish you all the best. Gotta hate mites
I ended up destroying all the plants and took no clones after talking to my friend who has been struggling with russet mites for months. Sound like really nasty little fuckers.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I ended up destroying all the plants and took no clones after talking to my friend who has been struggling with russet mites for months. Sound like really nasty little fuckers.

Heartbreaking but you did the right thing. If it makes you feel better i lost 47 plants in a single outdoor grow once. Its just part of the experience

Latest posts

Top Bottom