Planned micro grow

• Thread starter socram
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

socram

Hey everyone ,
I have tried my hand at growing outside and seem to have been fairly green fingered for my 1st grow but this winter or starting as soon as its too cold outside im planning on doing my second and micro grow.

By micro I mean very small, would it be feasible to grow in a very small space such as a 2 foot by 2 foot cupboard? Note this is will be my 1st attempt at inside growing so any advice for a farmer on a budget, not much experiance and with limited resources would be great!

Id only be after one plant ( mainly due to space ), so if anyone knows any good strains that would be good for training in a small place I may try circle training or lst them to keep the height down as well as topping. any thoughts as to wether i could manage it ?

Also what sort of lights would be best for this grow?

peace x:rasta2:

A

amstercal

You didn't list the height of the cupboard, but I assume it's pretty short. I would think with only that kind of space you'd have to use CFL of some kind, unless you have some good height. Without knowing what you have access to, it would be hard to recommend a strain, but you'd definitely want something short and bushy. Did a grow with 3 plants under a 600W hps in a 3x2x5.5 space once, so don't see why not.

S

socram

Hey thanks for the feed back! and yeah its pretty short like very short its about 2 foot height too, so i guess i would have to make my plant as short as possible, circle train it etc, or just give up and make a bigger cupboard =D and i think strain wise id be able to give it whatever nutes etc and i think i will use cfls, easiest and cheapest to get hold of it seems but its all about the space really what do you think ? what strians did u grow in your small space?

420Gator

420Gator

ive heard of smaller, like inside a PC. Sure a good approach is getting clones and putting in 12/12 right away

S

socram

Unfortunately the only option I have open is seeds right now but yeah a clone would be good its jst much harder to get hold of here, seeds seem to be everywhere though ( well compared to clones anyway ) =D

A

amstercal

Definitely look around on here for some grows similar to yours and maybe even do a search for what 420Gator mentioned on the PC grows. I've seen some great ones as small as yours.
Grew some Skunk #2, some blueberry and a cut of M39 that I wish I could get a hold of again! All of them were clones that were topped and then immediately threw into 12/12 after they started growing again. If you have to grow from seed, just be sure they don't get tall before you flop them.

mikeb437

mikeb437

when doing a microgrow in a small box, do you need a carbon filter? will 2 or 3 plants smell up a room?

S

space4206

hey man im doing a micro grow to and i think lowrider or any autoflowering strain thay all stay really short im growing flash there only 2 weeks old but looking good i onlky have 3 feet but still you should be ok

Latest posts

Top Bottom