Planning A Large 20k+ Vertical Uc Grow

• Thread starter KerDiggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KerDiggz

KerDiggz

Alright people, I'm an experienced hydro grower for 10+ years ready to step my game up and go big. To date the biggest room I've ran is a 4k room, but I'm ready to take the plunge into a vertical UC system to grow trees.

I have a nice sized basement to work with and want to max out the space while keeping my plant count low. Any advice on the setup is appeciated.

Details:
both sides are 26' Lx 11.5' W x 8'H
Rooms will be on flip flop schedule.
Left side also has a room which will most likely be the veg room.

Plans:
2 - 5ton mini splits
2 - Co2 burners
2 - 180 pint dehumidifiers
1 - 1HP water chiller
additional 2 Icebox/fan combo per room
vertical bare bulbs

4 seperate 8 gal UC systems (due to layout of the rooms/ obstructions )
Right side will have 2 6 site UC systems
Left side will have 1 6 site, and 1 4 site UC

My questions are what bucket spacing and bulb sizes to use? all 600s, all 1Ks, or both 1Ks and 600s?

Planning a large 20k vertical uc grow
KerDiggz

KerDiggz

was planning on having something like this for the bulb layout. possibly 1Ks down the middle with 600s for side lighting

House UC3
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Well if you need any grow racks let me know. I can get you set up. I can make any size you need :-)

F

FutureGrower

Well if you need any grow racks let me know. I can get you set up. I can make any size you need :)

Would that primarily be for clones? You have a thread for them? I'm probably not a buyer but you peaked my interest lol.

KerDiggz

KerDiggz

Well if you need any grow racks let me know. I can get you set up. I can make any size you need :)
I'm with FutureGrower, but I wouldn't have much use for racks using this method other than for cloning

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
704DA189 A415 42A1 BB1B 4C35B1E98AEE
You can use the racks for vegging and flowering as well. We can make racks any height or size you need. You don’t need an enclosure unless you want to. But you can also use them for clones as well. They are very versital.

The photo above shows the commercial line of racks but we also offer smaller ones you can use in almost any grow space that are similar.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I think you could make a better layout of the space imo. All 1k

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

For 1 my room is bigger and I dont run that many lights, second I'd make 1 big flower room instead of multiples. Are you solid with your UC growing? Like a year worth of consistent harvests under your belt? Cost for Power for 20k lights, AC's and Dehumidifiers are just outrageous

KerDiggz

KerDiggz

For 1 my room is bigger and I dont run that many lights, second I'd make 1 big flower room instead of multiples. Are you solid with your UC growing? Like a year worth of consistent harvests under your belt? Cost for Power for 20k lights, AC's and Dehumidifiers are just outrageous
I'm just trying to maximize the usage for the space while keeping my plant count low. Unfortunately I can't change the layout of the space as the walls are concrete. I originally thought of using a different method such as coco but ideally I don't want to attract the unwanted attention of bringing bags of medium in & out. UC seems to be able to eliminate that problem. I've never ran a UC system before, however I've tried quite a few other forms of hydro before like flood and drain, aero, dwc, and drain to waste.

S

Shawnery

Can I just ask, how do you illegal guys get away with the increased power bill with grows like this?

MissBotany

MissBotany

The electric companies don’t just report high power usage to the local police. It’s usually the police getting a tip and enough evidence to approach the electric company for power usage data on a particular residence in an effort to get a search warrant. If the police are already investigating you, it’s pribably because you’re selling.....

MissBotany

MissBotany

I think the only time the power company reports the police is if there is extremely unusual activity, for example, some stealing power or an insanely high usage.

scubascrog

scubascrog

If you are doing it one room at a time get your leds on point. winter IS coming so maybe you need the heat for co2 so maybe a 600 above in the center and some lm51c's around the side. but I'd just run a dehumidifier no ac for that entire space.

KerDiggz

KerDiggz

It just sounds like you biting off alot. Maybe start with one room and build the next one after your dialed in a bit.
after giving it alot of thought, you just might be right. I think I might just stick with coco and start off with a smaller 5k grow to get everything dialed in

SeedyGirl

SeedyGirl

I'm just trying to maximize the usage for the space while keeping my plant count low. Unfortunately I can't change the layout of the space as the walls are concrete. I originally thought of using a different method such as coco but ideally I don't want to attract the unwanted attention of bringing bags of medium in & out. UC seems to be able to eliminate that problem. I've never ran a UC system before, however I've tried quite a few other forms of hydro before like flood and drain, aero, dwc, and drain to waste.
I would go with at least 13 gallon buckets Bc it comes w 3” diameter pipes instead of 2” n the roots will take over the 8 gallon real fast with all that lighting.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I think the only time the power company reports the police is if there is extremely unusual activity, for example, some stealing power or an insanely high usage.
Now would adding say 15k worth of solar panels into your feed offset the juice from the power company?
Currently my 10k system with about 15k watts of lights , about $25 a month bill, sometimes it’s like $5!!
So it’s worth considering. Solar city. That’s who I went with. With buy out option and pod that sucker off in a yr. now they power company owes me money end of yr!

Top Bottom