Planning Ahead For The Stink, Questions On Venting

• Thread starter mcaveman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mcaveman

mcaveman

I am new to this and setting up my grow room, its in the basement in a utility room with 1 x1000w light, the entry door is vented (slots) . When i do these calculators for which size carbon scrubber i need it comes out to be a very big and expensive one. My grow area is only going to be 4x4 or 5x5 but the room is much larger ~12x12.
My questions are what carbon filter and fan do i need?
Since the door is slotted can I get away with just venting out the scrubbed air directly out side?

Side note the HVAC system is in this room also so Im worried about the smell getting sucked into the system and passed throughout the house.

Also I doubt that I will ever expand to two lights, Im just trying to grow some small stuff for personal medical reasons.

Thanks in advance!

mcaveman

mcaveman

Option 2 would be venting the scrubbed air into the room next to this which would be alot easier.

Freshone

Freshone

You could do it either way using the extra room as a lung room or carbon filter vented to outside as long a you can control the environment.
1-1k in that room should be easy to control.Size your carbon filter to your grow area,if you have 1-1k that's probably 4x4-5x5,whatever the calculation comes out to go to the next bigger than recommended filter to be safe.You would only need a huge filter if you were growing in the WHOLE 12x12 space,My room is the same size as yours and my carbon filter is 5' tall and necked for a 12" fan!

Eagle.ize

Eagle.ize

You could do it either way using the extra room as a lung room or carbon filter vented to outside as long a you can control the environment.
1-1k in that room should be easy to control.Size your carbon filter to your grow area,if you have 1-1k that's probably 4x4-5x5,whatever the calculation comes out to go to the next bigger than recommended filter to be safe.You would only need a huge filter if you were growing in the WHOLE 12x12 space,My room is the same size as yours and my carbon filter is 5' tall and necked for a 12" fan!

Venting to the next room is a great idea. Lung rooms help stabilize the environment with the added volume. Plus, if it is easier for you to execute as well, then why not. Bonus!

B

Bogart Tasty

You'd be happy with a 6" 24"-40" filter, 6" 470 CFM, 8" 700-ish CFM fan if you're super paranoid. Pulling air out of the room you won't smell a thing

guymandude

guymandude

if you were able to exhaust out of the house, I would highyl recommend an inline ozone generator. You can't exhaust ozone back into the house but if you want no smell, no huge unky, heavy carbon scrubber to change out annually, then go with ozone.

Uvonair has them

mcaveman

mcaveman

I ordered a 6" vivosun carbon filter and fan, I'm confused now should I vent to the next room or vent outside? I can do either , venting to the next room would be a lot easier because going exterior means punching through block

mcaveman

mcaveman

I have the vent to the exterior done I'm just waiting for ge equipment.

mcaveman

mcaveman

So as I stated earlier I have the vivosun 6" carbon filter and fan in route, I have the vent through and ready to go, my light is a 1000 watt that has the 6" duct setup on both ends , how do I configure my setup?

I want to pull the heat and cleaned air out or do I push it out?

Navillusii

Navillusii

So as I stated earlier I have the vivosun 6" carbon filter and fan in route, I have the vent through and ready to go, my light is a 1000 watt that has the 6" duct setup on both ends , how do I configure my setup?

I want to pull the heat and cleaned air out or do I push it out?

Both. I've found its easy to just push it through a filter outside. It also keeps a negative draw which helps with air flow and stank around the house.

That said I run a scrubber in the room (6'' fan and filters), Light exhaust with an 8'' fan and inline and the a/c has an inline filter. Still get some stank when i open the front door but much better than before.

mcaveman

mcaveman

IMG 0224
does this setup look right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom