Planning My 2nd Grow- 8x4 w/ 460W LED + 315CMH

• Thread starter Ddebrazza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

I completed my first grow and learned a lot! I ended up with just over 6oz of dried finished product from 4 plants under a 315W CMH Light.

Anyways, my friend has given me a 460W SpiderFarmer SF4000, a 6'' AC Infinity Exhaust Fan w/ Controller, Carbon Filter, and the Ducting. I ordered an 8x4 Tent to accommodate expanding from 4 plants to 10-12 plants.

My plan, and I am looking for a little help tailoring this, to run my existing 315W CMH Light for half of the Tent and then have the SF4000 LED for the other half.

Exhaust I plan on using the 6'' AC Infinity w/ controller. I do have a 2nd exhaust fan, a little 4'' RUCK from my first grow to add on if needed.

Temperature Control, I have a 15k BTU Toshiba Portable AC which worked fantastic for my 1st grow and I am optimistic that it will be able to handle this size grow as well.

Will add a couple of oscillating fans inside for assisted air movement

Water- I want to eventually get my own RO system but I think for this 2nd Grow I will stick to manually lugging 5-gallon drums of water to and from my local water station to save a little upfront money.

CO2- I did not get into doing anything with CO2 for my first grow but would like to start educating myself on how to properly use this as a helpful additive

Genetics, I plan on sticking with Feminized photoperiods for this 2nd Grow as well. Not ready to get into Pheno-hunting and breeding yet. Actually need to order my seeds tonight, it is one of the only things I do not have yet.

Medium/ Nutrients- I used the FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil for my 1st Grow and would like to stick with that. I also plan on using the FoxFarm line of Nutrients as I am still very much learning about nutrients and not quite ready to begin experimenting.

Dehumidifier- I did not need one on my first grow given the size of my tent, Arizona's climate, and number of plants but I fear that if I increase to 10-12 plants I will run into humidity issues once I get into Flower--- I will need to find a possible solution.

The tent will be setup in a spare bedroom that is only used for my grow tent, storage, and a guest bed.

Suggestions and Tips for this 2nd Grow Setup? Any issues with running a CMH light beside an LED light? CMH has 1 grow of use on it and the LED light is brand new, no use. Planned on running both lights on the same Digital Timer.

AlexisMori

AlexisMori

HI...Considering LEDs but stressed approximately temps in winter. I am beneath impression that BTU per watt is same and possibly an over considering it? My cellar temps are around 65 -68 F in summer so perplexed I might need to warm in winter? I am awed with Driven lights but too threatened. I have never utilized one.

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Honestly, you wont know until you test it and find out. You may find that the lights provide enough heat, you might realize you need to bring in a heater. All trial and error in this game baby. Everyone has unique conditions and all we can do is adapt and learn.

Issues I have to consider heading into my 2nd Grow:

Water- I would like to install my own RO system in the house to make watering much more convenient but I am a bit worried about the costs of filters given Arizona's notoriously bad water.

CO2- Considering beginning to play with introducing additional CO2

Nutrients- Learning more about nutrients. What is available on the market and the pros and cons of each. So far keeping it very simple with just a CaMg additive and then a 1-part Veg or Bloom Nutrient.

Humidity Control- My first Grow was 4 plants and given the very low humidity in Arizona, I was able to complete the entire grow without the use of a dehumidifier. I did need to use a Humidifier for early Veg in order to boost my levels up to 45%+ and may need to do the same for this larger tent with 10-12 plants. I also think I may need to use a dehumidifier this time as more plants will produce more humidity in Flowering... thoughts? anyone in the southwest have experience with this?

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Has anyone had any experience or success adding some sort of divider in the middle of a large size tent (8x4 in my case) that way I can have each half on it's own light cycle? I guess it would be extremely difficult to ensure no light-leak....

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Has anyone had any experience or success adding some sort of divider in the middle of a large size tent (8x4 in my case) that way I can have each half on it's own light cycle? I guess it would be extremely difficult to ensure no light-leak....
That’s an easy fix brotha just get 2x 4x4 and you won’t have any issues with light. Plus the RH of one side won’t spill into the other especially if your planning on one side for veg and one side for flower.

Top Bottom