Plant bioacoustics as a source to acheiving better plant growth and quality.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I've been doing some things with vibration and trying to stimulate better budding and bud growth. So if this ever becomes a thing, remember you heard it from me first, LOL. I was thinking of purchasing some cell phone vibrators and attaching them to my plant stems and budding sites, see if they improve the results.

Plant bioacustics refers to the creation of sound waves by plants. Measured sound emissions by plants as well as differential germination rates, growth rates and behavioral modifications in response to sound are well documented. Plants detect neighbors by means other than well-established communicative signals including volatile chemicals, light detection, direct contact and root signaling. Because sound waves travel efficiently through soil and can be produced with minimal energy expenditure, plants may use sound as a means for interpreting their environment and surroundings. Preliminary evidence supports that plants create sound in root tips when cell walls break. Because plant roots respond only to sound waves at frequencies which match waves emitted by the plants themselves, it is likely that plants can receive and transduce sound vibrations into signals to elicit behavioral modifications as a form of below ground communication.

Although the explicit mechanisms through which sound emissions are created and detected in plants are not known, there are theories which shed light on possible mechanisms. Mechanical vibrations caused by charged cell membranes and walls is a leading hypothesis for acoustic emission generation. Myosins and other mechanochemical enzymes which use chemical energy in the form of ATP to produce mechanical vibrations in cells may also contribute to sound wave generation in plant cells. These mechanisms may lead to overall nanomechanical oscillations of cytoskeletal components, which can generate both low and high frequency vibrations

Above ground, vibrations are going to cause air movement and incease C02 exposure to the plant, much like the action of a fan, but from moving the plant itself, so it could be considered an adjunct to using air movement. Plants emit audio acoustic emissions between 10–240 Hz as well as ultrasonic acoustic emissions (UAE) within 20–300 kHz. Evidence for plant mechanosensory abilities are shown when roots are subjected to unidirectional 220 Hz sound and subsequently grow in the direction of the vibration source

Plant bioacoustics as a source to acheiving better plant growth and quality
Okway

Okway

you are on to something, but not the first ..
Message me i would love to discuss frequencies and how the plant responds.
You can see in the video, the ganja grid plant vibration trainer,resonates the frequencies throughout the entire plant and root structure

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
when i was young i went to work for a summer. we were in a state park and did lots of different work. great summer... but... while we were there they had each group (there were 5 groups of 10 each) tend a group of plants. about 5 weeks in one person from each group went to a different groups plants and brutally murdered one plant.

these plants were hooked with lots of probes and monitors, but normally the equipment put out a fairly even beeping noise. till they got murdered! all the other plants in that tent had higher pitch and frequency. all of that was interestig, then things went back to normal for a few weeks, then that same person went into the tent where they had murdered the plant and the plants responded as though they recognized them (pitch and frequency higher)

Top Bottom