Plant deficiency in week 3 of flower!

• Thread starter WillowHero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WillowHero

WillowHero

Hi everyone! This is my fruity pebbles strain on week 3 of flower and I have come across a definite deficiency :(

Plants are in coco coir medium with organic amendments top dressed once a month and liquid seaweed and cal mag every other watering. i have two plants and are treating them equal and one has begun to suffer from deficiency… any help would be fantastic!

Plant deficiency in week 3 of flower
Plant deficiency in week 3 of flower 2
Plant deficiency in week 3 of flower 3
Allegedly

Allegedly

need more details, what are you topdressing with and how much of it. how much are those pots, 1 or 3 gal? are your pots on some kind of riser to get them off the floor and let air get to the bottom? how are you watering and what ph? thanks

kinda wondering if you havent just added too much and locked them out of something because youre adding salts every other watering and because youre using organic amendments i assume you arent flushing or watering to runoff.

WillowHero

WillowHero

Thank you guys so much for your comments! I truly appreciate!

-plants are potted in 5 gal wicking bags
- each plant pot is on top of a 2 1/2 inch roll of duck tape to allow air to pass under🥳
- I water with a misting sprayer only the soil every two days… Using distilled or rev Osmosis water— which has a neutral pH before adding liquid amendments
- After reading the above comments I have moved the light as high as I can away from the plants- still insuring there is space for heat to escape
- DISCLAIMER! This is only my second season growing as a hobby and my knowledge of nute intake is sadly not there yet
- I too dress with worm castings… but how hard is it to make “worm castings tea”??

Allegedly

Allegedly

ill let someone else help with the organic nutes side of things because I don't want to potentially steer you wrong with what you're using, I prefer the all in one fertilizers and teas when I was growing coco with organics.
- how high is your light now, what light is it (specs if it isn't common), how high is it turned up. what was the previous height? your plants don't look light they're having a light problem to me. they look hungry but I'm trying to see if they need something or if there's something else making it do that because you seem to be feeding it plenty
- for a tea add worm casting to water and aerate it with a air stone and pump for a day, got one pretty cheap at walmart from the pet aquarium section.
*****for this style of grow please look at "Mr. Canucks Grow" channel on youtube, it will be INVALUABLE to you for this style of growing. thank me later :)
-now instead of the duct tape roll under your wet pot which will probably end up molding or something crazy on you, check out plant risers from a hydro store, they cost just a couple bucks and give the bottom of the fabric pots good support.
Pot riser

11Hick11

11Hick11

Personally I wouldn't be adding all that Nitrogen, specially in flower. Yours look to be about week 4 or so. Here is a pic that someone on this forum posted and has helped quite a bit.
NPK GROWTH REQUIMENTS

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

- each plant pot is on top of a 2 1/2 inch roll of duck tape to allow air to pass under🥳
- I water with a misting sprayer only the soil every two days… Using distilled or rev Osmosis water— which has a neutral pH before adding liquid amendments
- After reading the above comments I have moved the light as high as I can away from the plants- still insuring there is space for heat to escape
- DISCLAIMER! This is only my second season growing as a hobby and my knowledge of nute intake is sadly not there yet
- I too dress with worm castings… but how hard is it to make “worm castings tea”??
What liquid amendments are you adding? Your pic only shows dry ferts.
Looks like you need some Epsom salts to me.

Personally I wouldn't be adding all that Nitrogen, specially in flower. Yours look to be about week 4 or so. Here is a pic that someone on this forum posted and has helped quite a bit.
View attachment 1164543
The P requirements in this graphic are incorrect for Cannabis growers that are not growing seeds. Phosphorus is effectively a micronutrient in flower production.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You are growing in coco. What are your ppms in and out?

mancorn

mancorn

Organic fertilizers take time to break down before they’re plant available. The bat guano will only take a couple weeks, but bone meal takes several months. So if you have a deficiency you’ll want to make sure that the amendments you add will have time to actually make a difference.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Even if you are using organic feeds, in coco you still need to keep track of your ppms in and out.
When you water, test the ppms before you water. Then catch the runoff and test it. Share that with us please.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You may want to foiler feed 1/4 strength when the lights come on. If you have very intense lightning, you may want to raise em a bit.

mancorn

mancorn

PPM/EC is pretty much irrelevant in organics.

“Rich, healthy organic soil is more complex than artificially fertilized soil or hydroponic solutions. The nutrients are stored in more complex molecules than with artificial fertilizers, that are released slowly over time. EC meters work by measuring the electrical conductivity of salts in water; organic nutrients haven’t yet broken down into simple salts. It’s like the difference between complex carbohydrates found in whole grains and refined white sugar. The organic nutrients get broken down by microorganisms over time, much like complex carbs get broken down by our digestive system. Therefore, the PPM readings you get from organic soil won’t reflect the actual nutrients that soil contains.

However, they may not be lower, as you might expect them to be. Why? There are plenty of non-nutrient solubles found in organic fertilizers that can confuse your readings. Remember how we talked about solubles in tap water earlier? This is a similar concept; many organic soil additives can end up adding acids and carbohydrates that are electrically conductive, thus throwing off your TDS meter’s EC readings.

Is it worth testing organic soil for PPM?​

Good question. Due to the complex nature of organic soil, EC readings will be too inaccurate to determine whether the appropriate amount of nutrients are present in the soil. To determine if organic soil is well-balanced for your growing system, you’ll need to carefully monitor pH, watch the plant for signs of nutrient deficiency or imbalance, and learn from experience. If you have the resources, you can send a soil or plant matter sample to a lab for analysis. Alternatively, you could always rely on our simple four-step process for growing flavorful and potent organic cannabis.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom