Plant distance and size with 600w only

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

I want to have a go at tree growing but cannot justify the cost of running 5kw as I just don't smoke enough bud and also I'm a bit paranoid drawing that much power.

I have the 600w's already and want to do 5 600w with 4 plants

like this

OXO
XOX
OXO

possibly use 1 1kw instead of a 600w for the centre bulb.

What sort of spacing do I want to be looking at if it's all 600w.

I'm not expecting to hit 4lb plants but if I can get g/w I'd be a happy man.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

I’ve read DDs say that it takes at least 3 1KW around a plant to really grow big. You can put the 1K in the middle and bring the 600w in a few inches closer and try to make up for lower light intensity but don’t think you’ll get there. A reflector on the 600 watter would help but you can only really point it at one plant and you need to hit 2 plants.
All that said I’m totally sold on vertical lighting and would do it anyway.
:icon_spin:

L

Lost

Desertboy, hey, your going to do great things with that setup. I think you will be really surprised on how well your planed grow will yield.

Besides, growing big trees is just fun. There is nothing like the look on someones face when they see a 5 foot tall 6 foot across tree indoors.

I hope you run this, i'll be in the front row watching!

J

jordisgarden

4 plants with those 600s and a 1k. bro you Can grow some big ass plants with that. i can get my 600 within 9 inches without hurting my plants and they thrive.. you could absolutly row a tree with those 600s. im able to get 15 plants in an 8 by 8 with a 400 and and a 600 and some 4 ft floros and i still do great at harvest. man if popped 2 more 600s into my spot and took out 10 plants...holy crap it would be crazy..i vegged for 60 days as is and my yumbolt was 3 plus ft when i flowered..wow what ur doin sounds like fun

Desertboy

Desertboy

Desertboy, hey, your going to do great things with that setup. I think you will be really surprised on how well your planed grow will yield.

Besides, growing big trees is just fun. There is nothing like the look on someones face when they see a 5 foot tall 6 foot across tree indoors.

I hope you run this, i'll be in the front row watching!

I fully intend to run it but my seedlings have only just popped the surface so I expect 6-8 weeks veg time before I can even get them into flower. I couldn't run the strains I already have as none of them grow much above 2-3 foot tall and all have been low yielders except for the bigbud which was gack so I killed it.

Growing Chronic out for the MPB's, I've meant to grow chronic for some time and it seems a good tree strain to me. I really liked the smoke I had in the dam of it if I can grow on par with that I'll be happy man.

As I say my aim is g/w could do that horizontal with multiple plants in far less time but where's the fun in that.

T

TyKaycha

Nice chart, definitely helpful for those of us who have smaller rooms & mixed wattage ballasts.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I’ve read DDs say that it takes at least 3 1KW around a plant to really grow big. You can put the 1K in the middle and bring the 600w in a few inches closer and try to make up for lower light intensity but don’t think you’ll get there. A reflector on the 600 watter would help but you can only really point it at one plant and you need to hit 2 plants.
All that said I’m totally sold on vertical lighting and would do it anyway.
:icon_spin:

I've considered using parabolics or grostars for the corner lighting (Hung sideways) but diffused reflectors just don't seem right for this sort of growing so probably 4 adjustawings. I'll only add tubes when and if temps overwhelm me.

Whilst I shall lose big in light penetration I shall gain a little in the increased efficiencies (1.8kw of 600w puts out the same lumens as 2kw of 1kw lighting).

I won't be growing as big as you guys but I'm still going to have pretty bloody big plants.

I'm totally convinced on vertical lighting as well! That centre bulb will be 1kw I bought a new ballast today.

D

dusty

You'll hit your goals for sure. I'm about to do some welfare buckets with the same light pattern

Desertboy

Desertboy

You'll hit your goals for sure. I'm about to do some welfare buckets with the same light pattern

Welfare buckets, never heard of them any links I googled them and about as close as I could find was a bucket with a level indicator.

I checked out tubs today, either £4 for clear tubs or £23 for black ones that I can drill. I think I'll buy the clear, plastic prime them and then paint black. Then I shall paint them white will cost around £6 each if I do. You Yanks get so much better deals than us poor Limey's.

I'm going to be able to move the outer lights and the plants as well, each of my mpb's is going on trolleys with casters so I can move it closer/further away from the light as needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom