Plant Grew really really slow?

• Thread starter Pwkick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pwkick

Pwkick

So my baby has been growing for 6 months and has barely yet to make it to 2 feet tall is this irregular. The strain studio 54 and I was under the impression it should bud in 6 weeks and be ready for harvest in under 4 months. Is this normal? Ps been using flower fuel and shake and feed for a nutrient base.

Plant grew really really slow
Plant grew really really slow 2
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Cannabis is a photoperiod, 12 hours of darkness per night to make it flower.

They have auto flowering strains that will flower regardless of the dark cycle. Your plant is not an auto flower because it would of flowered by now.

Have you ever read anything about growing cannabis?

Pwkick

Pwkick

Yes I have read up on growing plus some advice from my family's farm (they grow big time stuff) I've done the light cycle change about 2 months ago there's little tiny buds all over there just not getting any bigger .

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yes I have read up on growing plus some advice from my family's farm (they grow big time stuff) I've done the light cycle change about 2 months ago there's little tiny buds all over there just not getting any bigger .

Interesting...Can you give more info about the grow? Lights, environmental factors, fertigation frequency and strength of solution, etc. Lets try to figure out what's going on.

Pwkick

Pwkick

The plant is in a 3 gallon pot with a water table. It's an outside grow so sunlight is the source of my lighting. although I know probably not typically the best light source but it's worked great in the past for my brother with these same studio 54 feminized seeds so I figured no big deal. the soil is 50/50 mix of peat and miracle grow potting soil. I've been use flower fuel once a week and the miracle grow shake and feed every two weeks with constant water in the water tray for it to soak up and with the light cycle change I have been bringing it inside and putting it in a dark closet about 7pm

Last edited:
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The plant is in a 3 gallon pot with a water table. It's an outside grow so sunlight is the source of my lighting. although I know probably not typically the best light source but it's worked great in the past for my brother with these same studio 54 feminized seeds so I figured no big deal. the soil is 50/50 mix of peat and miracle grow potting soil. I've been use flower fuel once a week and the miracle grow shake and feed every two weeks with constant water in the water tray for it to soak up and with the light cycle change I have been bringing it inside and putting it in a dark closet about 7pm

Ok, so if it is getting 12 hours of darkness it should flower. I think the main problem is keeping the soil constantly wet. It needs to be watered thoroughly, just enough to have a small amount of runoff. Then you allow it to dry out for a few (2-5 days) days. This will allow for proper air exchange within the soil.

Another problem would be the fertilizer, I wouldn't use Miracle Gro, alot of that stuff isn't even for fruit and vegetables. They have $10 bags of organic tomato fertilizer at Home Depot which would be better than most Miracle Gro products. I don't think that is affecting the growth as much as the wet soil, but if you can change that I would.

I never seen a plant get stunted for so long, so I don't know how it will turn out when you correct these issues, but the constantly wet soil is probably the main issue. Also, the more direct sunlight it can get the better, you will want at LEAST 5 hours of direct sunlight everyday. More is better when it comes to sunlight, even if you end up having to water more often.

D

dspucch

Ok, so if it is getting 12 hours of darkness it should flower. I think the main problem is keeping the soil constantly wet. It needs to be watered thoroughly, just enough to have a small amount of runoff. Then you allow it to dry out for a few (2-5 days) days. This will allow for proper air exchange within the soil.

Another problem would be the fertilizer, I wouldn't use Miracle Gro, alot of that stuff isn't even for fruit and vegetables. They have $10 bags of organic tomato fertilizer at Home Depot which would be better than most Miracle Gro products. I don't think that is affecting the growth as much as the wet soil, but if you can change that I would.

I never seen a plant get stunted for so long, so I don't know how it will turn out when you correct these issues, but the constantly wet soil is probably the main issue. Also, the more direct sunlight it can get the better, you will want at LEAST 5 hours of direct sunlight everyday. More is better when it comes to sunlight, even if you end up having to water more often.
I just want to put my opinion in here - i am using miracle grow and fox farm (separate pots) for my 7 plants and mircale grow soil is doing better than FFHF.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I just want to put my opinion in here - i am using miracle grow and fox farm (separate pots) for my 7 plants and mircale grow soil is doing better than FFHF.

Ok, I seen people grow better using soil compared to hydro, but hydro is known to give better growth than soil. So that will happen sometimes. There are alot of factors that are not being taken into account.

When you look at the ingredients of Miracle Gro compared to Ocean Forest, you will see that Ocean Forest has better soil. That doesn't mean someone can't grow a plant with Miracle Gro.

Pwkick

Pwkick

Yes that seems legit considering I normally just fill the water table and dust the leaves I never thought about it I was always told never keep it consistently wet or the roots may rot but that may be the problem I'm having here I pinched off one of the bigger buds to show what I'm talking about there there they are just so small I did clean it up but you will get the picture

IMG 20210509 1948212362
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
there’s no more soil in that pot, it’s full of roots!

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

you should be topping your soil with something every so often. essentially whenever i see a root sticking out of the soil i add a top coat of compost/ ewc or straw/grain/ w.e beneficial. Roots stunt and die when exposed to light, or so I have read.

Pwkick

Pwkick

Decided I want it at least a foot taller before I start transitioning it's light back to 12 schedule now that it is re- veging and growing so well now that I've topped off the pot and let the soil dry out then heavy watering
No nutrient solutions in two weeks we will see

Pwkick

Pwkick

Doing good now going to harvest early due to a pest issue but all in all buds look great

IMG 20210616 175522135
IMG 20210616 175527694
Pwkick

Pwkick

Buds look great leaves do not lol but no nutes in 4 weeks so I just put a mixture of some flower power and and bloom booster with my normal watering cycle

IMG 20210625 142212695

Latest posts

Top Bottom