Plant health advice pls

• Thread starter i_half
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
i_half

i_half

Hi,

I just moved and the water here is a bit different - was using ro before (bad well), new Water is ~90ppmcaco3/hardness and 20/10ppm ca/mg.

so adjusted nutrients but seem to have a deficiency or lockout going on?

In a peat/perlite/vermiculite
water pH 6.3
Run off atm is at 5.5 - flushing rn)

the nutrient ratios didn’t change (accounting for less cal/mag) but maybe not enough? Or something else? :/

Plant health advice pls
Plant health advice pls 2
Last edited:
i_half

i_half

I don’t get the point of just quoting ...

^ Yeah, so something is built up....I’m just not sure what

Is the only way to know to find someone who can test the plant tissue and/or soil?

Kepp89

Kepp89

Is the only way to know to find someone who can test the plant tissue and/or soil?
i think he quoted it because thats possibly all you could do for now. after the flush your run off will be different on your next water. so when it dries and you water again, check that run off and report back.

by flushing did you mean drowning the soil in water? or just using water with no additives? many people consider a flush to be an excessive amount of water but still letting the soil dry up quite a bit before drowning the soil again. others consider a flush to be just plain water but fail to use enough to adequately wet the entire pot of soil with fresh plain water

i_half

i_half

Ah ok, Thanks for clarifying that, I really didn’t understand the comment (or lack of, ha!)

Yes I drowning? enough water, with no additive, to get run off relatively quickly. But then let it dry out before the next watering

i think he quoted it because thats possibly all you could do for now. after the flush your run off will be different on your next water. so when it dries and you water again, check that run off and report back.

by flushing did you mean drowning the soil in water? or just using water with no additives? many people consider a flush to be an excessive amount of water but still letting the soil dry up quite a bit before drowning the soil again. others consider a flush to be just plain water but fail to use enough to adequately wet the entire pot of soil with fresh plain water

Last edited:
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

serb's prolly right other advice was flawless.

ph, swings... too quickly- can put those lil burn marks, too.
i see a couple few things... leading me to believe, serb is right on the money.
rather than refer to the bible so quickly, ur about to reset ur medium, anyway, for a wait n c, effect.
remember- when u get ur flush n dry shrugs- there IS a point of no return.

got a cloner? a lil insurance policy, never killed any plant. best hundy-ish- i ever spent. significantly less, for diy, peeps; i just break, everything i touch...

beach is here... in the unlikely case, these potheads don't have the answer- they know who to call and it certainly ain't me.

i_half

i_half

Thanks all, just flushing I totally found the culprit as bad math in the switch ending up with some (low/chronic) overfeed in some nutrients. Hopefully have it under control after flush. Good to have it under control, sad at the losses tho.

I been perusing the site for 2 yrs now, and first post gets some immediate feedback. Awesome community, ty. 👍
Edit: learned to take time to look at runoff/soil more; laziness != success.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just saw this and you didn't tag me in

Just saw this, sorry for the confusion, will explain now; next time either click on the like button or put @ in front of the person's name to call them back

Your pH is too low and you've got a lockout which is why you're seeing those spots; search how to raise your pH. I use Dolomite lime to raise mine. Recommend you search and perform a slurry test and let us know your results, also explain what you're feeding and at what PPM and pH? good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom