Plant in dire straights.. help if you can?

• Thread starter Ausgunja23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

I have this plant that appears to be getting worse and any information you might have in helping fix this issue would be awesome..

It seems to de dying from the bottom up and has almost red veiny white/yellow leaves??
thanks in advance people..

super deluxe seed
it's in soil
it is 32 days old
it gets feed seasol and mollasses most times
inside veg outside flower eventually

If you have any Q's just ask..
once again any info would be great?

peace--prove

soserthc1

soserthc1

Go to the search bar and search a member @Seamaiden in her signature line is 3 cannabis diff-ency charts that will help you diagnose the problem with the little detail you supplied , to me it sounds like water p/h but just a guess without any pictures

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

P1010037
P1010038
P1010039
P1010038
sorry people i forgot about uploading of the pics, here you go...

tell me what you guys think?

peace--prove

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

also does anyone know of any sites that shows pictures of plants with problems, that shows pictures of the whole plant and not just leaves..

peace--prove

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

yea it is cheap stuff from k-mart i think.. i'm using cfls and natural sunlight..

do you think it could be the genetics at all?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'd give it more light, and give it just water or some type of B1 plant vitalizer, thrive alive or something is dirt cheap and available easily.
Maybe foliar it with some seaweed if you have a lil sprayer. Are you checking the pH of the source water or if it has a high EC as well?

urbanfog

urbanfog

brother, brother, brother.....It sounds like you need to start with the seach bar and the Growfaq

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/resources/

No disrespect, and I was where you are too. BUT, if you start your plant with a bit of extra help found in the reading you will be on your way to being self sufficient ;)

Start with a good soil or mix, wont need to worry about feeding for 3-4 weeks, by then YOU will have read up on the plants needs , wants and desires;). Water sparingly until you get a bit of run off, then let dry ( look up the lifting your pots watering method) keep your warm/blue spectrum CFL 2-3 inches from your plant, have some air circulation and grow on Farmer :) and keep readin ;)

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

judging by those pics i'd say she is suffering a severe lack of oxygen, that soil looks like crap and i see no evidence of perlite for drainage so i expect it becomes more compacted with each watering, plus, the pots look much too big for such small plants, what that means is every time you water the rootzone is totally saturated and, with plants so small they aren't drinking very fast so the rootzone stays too wet for too long.

urbanfog is dead right, you need to do some studying on the basics, hopefully, that 'super deluxe seed' was a free bagseed so if the worst case scenario occurs you won't have lost any money.

peace, bozo

Last edited:
Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

Soil looks bad.
Water away from the stem to help keep it dry, and help grow the roots outward.
PH.
And what everybody else said.
For sure. Read. Like folks eat popcorn. Just keep puttin it in.
You will wind up asking less questions, but of higher value to you.
Seamaiden's charts. Print em out, put em on the wall.
Grow on!

soserthc1

soserthc1

^^^ refreshing posts and yes read bro and hang in there - remember also any early cost will more than pay for themselves - grow some shit up ..... best of luck

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

I think Bozo mate, you have hit the nail on the head..
I remember reading about not transplanting into bigger pots until she (or he, if that's ur method) is big enough. Now that i think about it, and what I read awhile ago, I deff transplanted to early..

where it's at now..

A few days ago i emptied about an inch or so of the top soil (if you will) and add some organic compost and a sprinkle of chicken manure and I cut the two white leaves of of the bottom..

thanks for your post's everyone they deff help in the long run..

Pic 1 - photo taken last week
pic 2&3 taken about 20mins ago
pic 4&5
P1010040
P1010051
P1010052
P1010054
P1010055
are of the leaves i clipped off

It think it's improving - tell me what you think?

peace--prove

P1010056
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think the pH is WAY off, based on my own recent experience with a rather large and expensive batch of seedlings. It's hungry and it's not able to use available nutrients. However, I also think it's cold. Get the root zone warmed up and you may see significant improvement.

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

so i've come up with this thanks to all of ur comments as well..

the plant is in a big pot and everytime i water her it's taking to long to dry out, therefore keeping the roots from recieving air.
which is why the plant was like it was and drooping as well.

what i have done at the moment is put it in front of my heater and has been for about half an hour now + the lower set of leaves are starting to straighten up a little already..

thanks maiden..I can see why your a mod..

peace--prove

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...i'm glad to see she is perking back up, ...i'd suggest though that warming her rootzone up in front of a heater might be too much and may also dry her out.

here is a low-tech way to warm below the rootzone that is easy to do and will work very well, an incandescent bulb is best but even a 26watt CFL will do the job.

Cloner3 smll

peace, bozo

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

I'm just wondering if she can be salvaged?
It seems to be standing up more at the moment..

some pics to show - It's been 24hrs since the last pics.

peace--prove
P1010057
P1010058
P1010059

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, that plant can absolutely be salvaged.

You see how the leaves are being held so closely to its 'body'? This is a response to the cool temps in relation to relative humidity, aka vapor pressure deficit. There are charts in the thread you'll find in my signature line that show where the best parameters lie for most plants. Of course, experimentation will show you what *your* plants like best.

The problem with too cold is that once the root zone gets below something like 55*F, they are physically unable to utilize nutrients. That's why it's pale and has the reddened stems (those indicate it's not using phosphorous). I personally prefer to use something I call Electric Blanket Sandwich, which is an electric blanket carefully folded and enclosed in a heavy contractors plastic trash bag, taped up to prevent water and crap getting onto it. Set a small thin piece of board on top so the plants don't topple, set the blanket, and we're off. It's become more difficult because electric blanket manufacturers are now making blankets with automatic shut-off timers, I don't want that, so if I forget to double check then I have a timed EB.

A heater I'm sure will work fine, but I might want to put a tray of water or something to ensure the RH doesn't drop too low, and when I do use something like an electric heater it's only for shorter periods of time due to the cost of power where I am. But if attention and care are paid, they work just fine.

When you see leaves pointing up and out, that's a sign of a very happy plant. You're not there yet, but keep trying and you'll get there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom