Plant Is Dropping Severely

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

What would cause this? Watering is not the issue. Humidity is in 30s. Temp is in mid 20s celcius. Got the ph kit and the ph is on level.

DC2BD2BC 0B4C 4856 805A 3F0CF87F647D
F7EC2509 DD1C 494C 8593 A8C3A8DB3795
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Whats this, pm?

I had a similar problem, minus the PM. A soil test I did told me my girls were potassium deficient. This is not necessarily your problem. Take a soil sample into your local garden shop or hydroponics supply, many offer free or cheap soil testing. Up-pot to a bigger pot with good soil that drains well (without that plate at the bottom) and back off on the watering. Cannabis hates sitting in water logged soil. You can get an analog moisture meter for less than $10. I only water when my meter says they're getting dry. You can also feel the soil by sticking your finger in it but I find a moisture meter to be a much better measurement.

If it's PM or not it won't hurt to use some fungicidal spray. The cheapest products are usually made with neem. Most bottles I've seen are less than $10.

I also tried Primordial Solutions Sea Green for the first time recently and my girls responded very well. It is a solution of micro-biologicals that process the soil to give your girls healthy nutrient uptake and helps keeps the soil free of nutrient/salt locks.

Monster762

Monster762

Neem oil or fungicide.i would spray it down and top of soil then rinse real good. Flushing at same time. Uppot the plant with decent soil get rid of the fancy ceramic pot. Try fabric. I’ve seen the extra dry look and drop like overwater from binding too. I push em to bind regularly add some mykos at transplant this plant bound at 8 inches tall in just shy of 1 gal pot
EAE22616 1AB4 4D46 A5CE C21AE8F4D037

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I had a similar problem, minus the PM. A soil test I did told me my girls were potassium deficient. This is not necessarily your problem. Take a soil sample into your local garden shop or hydroponics supply, many offer free or cheap soil testing. Up-pot to a bigger pot with good soil that drains well (without that plate at the bottom) and back off on the watering. Cannabis hates sitting in water logged soil. You can get an analog moisture meter for less than $10. I only water when my meter says they're getting dry. You can also feel the soil by sticking your finger in it but I find a moisture meter to be a much better measurement.

If it's PM or not it won't hurt to use some fungicidal spray. The cheapest products are usually made with neem. Most bottles I've seen are less than $10.

I also tried Primordial Solutions Sea Green for the first time recently and my girls responded very well. It is a solution of micro-biologicals that process the soil to give your girls healthy nutrient uptake and helps keeps the soil free of nutrient/salt locks.

Yeah that device at the bottom of the pic is the soil sensor. The plant wa re-potted to a bigger pot. Read a couple articles that suggested that could possibly be the reason. What’s weird is that it’s still budding at the top, despite the droop.i will definitely test the soil. So far one store suggests the soil is “hot” look up Great Lakes Water. Has a bunch of stuff in it.

The leaves were getting nitrogen burn so the nutrients usually given, ceased so that the nitrogen level could decrease. Typically use mammoth p and “fish sh!t” for nutrients but due to the nitrogen issue, backed off of it

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Neem oil or fungicide.i would spray it down and top of soil then rinse real good. Flushing at same time. Uppot the plant with decent soil get rid of the fancy ceramic pot. Try fabric. I’ve seen the extra dry look and drop like overwater from binding too. I push em to bind regularly add some mykos at transplant this plant bound at 8 inches tall in just shy of 1 gal pot View attachment 846440

Here is the story to that. A seed was dropped just to see what would happen. Well....it sprouted under some clamp led lights right. So it had 3 little leaves and one leaf look to be about a half. So a joke was made that the plant wouldn’t last. Well...that plant shot up. That length is maybe about 1 month. So it was never transplanted because it shot up so quickly. Forgot that it needed to breathe. That was the rookie mistake. Was so impressed with the turnout that it was forgotten to do so. But already had fabric pots lined up. Are you suggesting a fungicidal needs to be purchased? Definitely a watering issue. Read up on the article and it mentioned the plant taking up water rather quickly which was the case.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah that device at the bottom of the pic is the soil sensor. The plant wa re-potted to a bigger pot. Read a couple articles that suggested that could possibly be the reason. What’s weird is that it’s still budding at the top, despite the droop.i will definitely test the soil. So far one store suggests the soil is “hot” look up Great Lakes Water. Has a bunch of stuff in it.

The leaves were getting nitrogen burn so the nutrients usually given, ceased so that the nitrogen level could decrease. Typically use mammoth p and “fish sh!t” for nutrients but due to the nitrogen issue, backed off of it

Sorry, was only looking at the plant not the peripherals. Yup, that's similar to the meter I use. Still, horrible pot for a cannabis plant. Those bottom dishes are made for plants that like wet soil. It alone could be your problem and you're drowning/suffocating her roots. All it takes is 20 min for water logged soil to begin to kill the roots. IMO, that pot is still too small aside from the drainage problem.

I'm using 3 gal and that's pushing it with my plants. Monster's suggestion of using a smart pot is optimal. The more rootbound your plant, the more urgent nute problems you'll have.
20181211 122102

Reactions: Ina
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Also, can't see it clearly so it's hard to tell for sure but you might have thrips by the look of that bottom leaf.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Sorry, was only looking at the plant not the peripherals. Yup, that's similar to the meter I use. Still, horrible pot for a cannabis plant. Those bottom dishes are made for plants that like wet soil. It alone could be your problem and you're drowning/suffocating her roots. All it takes is 20 min for water logged soil to begin to kill the roots. IMO, that pot is still too small aside from the drainage problem.

I'm using 3 gal and that's pushing it with my plants. Monster's suggestion of using a smart pot is optimal. The more rootbound your plant, the more urgent nute problems you'll have.
View attachment 846441

Yeah think Imay grab some 5 gallon just in case. They’re still relatively young so 3 gallon for now

View attachment 846441

May grab some 5 gallon in the near future. For now, got some 3 gallon. As far as the ceramic. Don’t know why it wasn’t replaced but I guess the thought wasn’t there because the plant shot up so fast. Kinda was in awe and amazed and didn’t think to upgrade. But the upgrade was made so it’s good to go now.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Also, can't see it clearly so it's hard to tell for sure but you might have thrips by the look of that bottom leaf.

Will look out for them. So far no sign of them. Maybe it wa the light. From what was googled, no symptoms or signs. There was a nitrogen problem at first so maybe that’s the leaf going thru it’s issues.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Will look out for them. So far no sign of them. Maybe it wa the light. From what was googled, no symptoms or signs. There was a nitrogen problem at first so maybe that’s the leaf going thru it’s issues.

Is this your first grow? Im assuming it is considering the pot, or maybe a first indoor grow. I very much understand how overwhelming it is the first time. I only started growing last year and felt like I was thrown in the deep end. There was so much information I just didn't know where to start. I always suggest this to novice growers, get a well rounded growing handbook like the Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorge Cervantes or the Grower's Handbook by Ed Rosenthal. At least you'll have something to pick through quickly when you run across a problem.

Monster762

Monster762

Here is the story to that. A seed was dropped just to see what would happen. Well....it sprouted under some clamp led lights right. So it had 3 little leaves and one leaf look to be about a half. So a joke was made that the plant wouldn’t last. Well...that plant shot up. That length is maybe about 1 month. So it was never transplanted because it shot up so quickly. Forgot that it needed to breathe. That was the rookie mistake. Was so impressed with the turnout that it was forgotten to do so. But already had fabric pots lined up. Are you suggesting a fungicidal needs to be purchased? Definitely a watering issue. Read up on the article and it mentioned the plant taking up water rather quickly which was the case.
Yup taking quickly because it’s bound. Another sign. Shot up quick because the roots had set themselves to the pot already. Underground work is done before anything shows up top. I’m no pro at all. Just my experiences. Fabric does help a lot.
The fungicidal is a must in my opinion. If nothing else I try to use it on all surfaces to prevent anything before it happens. Keep off plant in light and in flower but still ok all around room. True neem oil not cut down. Cut it yourself. Organic fungicide and pesticide in one.

Monster762

Monster762

Main point you’re good plants not gone. Uppot n watch her blow up some more. I honestly didn’t zoom in your fungus just saw 2 others agreed it was
so neem will take care of it though if it’s a fungus.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Powdery mildew, probably from that humidifier.

That’s exactly what happened. Well after reading up....2 things

I have a carbon filter setup and I turned it off because I felt the carbon filter was drying the tent too fast but I had the cooo mist humidifier going. So my girl said when she got to it, humidity was about 90. First mistake. Second mistake lack of air flow. So those two is what the research pointed out so yeah. The humidifier is out now. Will try to do humidity from outside the tent and see if air will suck it in. ‍♂️

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

NOT SURE. ITS MY GIRLS AND SHE DROPPED A SEED JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. MAGICALLY IT JUST SHOT UP. which explains the small pot.

2. How old are your plants?
THIS IS MAYBE 2 MONTHS TOPS. MORE LIKELY LESS

3. How tall are your plants?

2 FEET TOPS.

4. What size containers are they planted in?
THAT POT WAS RELATIVELY SMALL. JUST PUT IT IN A BIGGER POT. Seems to be 2 gallon. I bought a 3 like another plant I have but it’s smaller so I’m
Going with 2. I have more 3 gallons on the way.

5. What is your soil mix?
GREAT LAKES WATER AND WORM CASTINGS

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
MY GIRL MAINLY DOES THIS SO WHENEVER IT GOT DRY. I READ AN ARTICLE THAT HAVING A SMALL POT, PLANT MAY DRINK FASTER AND PEOPLE MAY WATER BORMAL BECHSEE ITS DRINKING FAST BUT IT WASNT A GOOD ISEA TO DO THAT AND THATS WHAT SHE DID. PLANT WOULD DRINK FAST AND SHE WOULD WATER AGAIN

7. What is the pH of your water?

A OUT 6-7. PURCHASED A TEST KIT SO SHE ALREADY PH IT UNTIL ITS GOOD. EVEN TESTED THE RUNOFF TO SEE IF ITS THE SOUL AND THE RUNOFF WS THE SAME SO WE GOT A GOOD PH NOW

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
NO FERTILIZER. NUTRIENTS USED IS FISH SH!T and MAMMOTH P.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
SHE SPRAYS THE LEAVES WHEN THEY SRE DRY BUT MAINLY JUST REGULAR WATER. ABOUT TO PICK UO THE NEEM OIL TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
600 WATT LED LIGHT BY PHILZON.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
NO COOSER THAN 1 FT. NO FURTHER THAN 2 FT.

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
TENT IS 32 x 32 x 63.

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
TENP IS ABOHT 25-28c and humidity ranges in 20s - 30s.

14. What is the pH of the soil?
I FORGOT WHAT BUNVER THE SOIL WAS BUT I WILL DEFINITELY GRT IT TESTED TOMOROW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IT. BUT WE DID OERFORM THE PH TEST OF WATER AND RUNOFF WATER AFTER WATERING AND THE SOIL AND WATER MIX WAS ABIHT THE SAME. WE HAD TO PH IT SOME SO WE ARE IN THE OROCESS OF FIXING THAT.

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
HAVENT NOTIFED ANYTHING FLYING AROUND. WE USUALLY KEEP IT ZIPPED TIGHT BUT WE ALSO HAVE INLINE FAN SO I DOUBT ANY INSECT HAS THE ABILITY TO STAY ON THE PLANT AS AIR IS ALWAYS BLOWING IN THE TENT.

16. How much experience do you have growing?
ABSOLUTELY NONE WHICH IS WHY I REFER TO YOU GUYS.

Top Bottom