Plant Is Dropping Severely

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Yup taking quickly because it’s bound. Another sign. Shot up quick because the roots had set themselves to the pot already. Underground work is done before anything shows up top. I’m no pro at all. Just my experiences. Fabric does help a lot.
The fungicidal is a must in my opinion. If nothing else I try to use it on all surfaces to prevent anything before it happens. Keep off plant in light and in flower but still ok all around room. True neem oil not cut down. Cut it yourself. Organic fungicide and pesticide in one.

Yeah I saw the bottle and it’s an 8 ounce 100% neem oil. I saw a spray bottle but I wanted the true oil not any factory made stuff.

So what do you mean by “keep off plant in light and in flower but still ok all around room”?

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Is this your first grow? Im assuming it is considering the pot, or maybe a first indoor grow. I very much understand how overwhelming it is the first time. I only started growing last year and felt like I was thrown in the deep end. There was so much information I just didn't know where to start. I always suggest this to novice growers, get a well rounded growing handbook like the Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorge Cervantes or the Grower's Handbook by Ed Rosenthal. At least you'll have something to pick through quickly when you run across a problem.
It is my first grow. The thing about the pot was that my girl was just testing the soil. Like we didn’t expect it to do what it’s doong. We have another plant that we focused on and that was that. This plant she just dropped the seed and said he...we will see. So it started growing and when I say growing I mean we would sleep overnight and by next morning the leaves were noticeably longer and bigger. We were enfatuated by drastic growth that we forgot to transplant it

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

NOT SURE. ITS MY GIRLS AND SHE DROPPED A SEED JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. MAGICALLY IT JUST SHOT UP. which explains the small pot.

2. How old are your plants?
THIS IS MAYBE 2 MONTHS TOPS. MORE LIKELY LESS

3. How tall are your plants?

2 FEET TOPS.

4. What size containers are they planted in?
THAT POT WAS RELATIVELY SMALL. JUST PUT IT IN A BIGGER POT. Seems to be 2 gallon. I bought a 3 like another plant I have but it’s smaller so I’m
Going with 2. I have more 3 gallons on the way.

5. What is your soil mix?
GREAT LAKES WATER AND WORM CASTINGS

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
MY GIRL MAINLY DOES THIS SO WHENEVER IT GOT DRY. I READ AN ARTICLE THAT HAVING A SMALL POT, PLANT MAY DRINK FASTER AND PEOPLE MAY WATER BORMAL BECHSEE ITS DRINKING FAST BUT IT WASNT A GOOD ISEA TO DO THAT AND THATS WHAT SHE DID. PLANT WOULD DRINK FAST AND SHE WOULD WATER AGAIN

7. What is the pH of your water?

A OUT 6-7. PURCHASED A TEST KIT SO SHE ALREADY PH IT UNTIL ITS GOOD. EVEN TESTED THE RUNOFF TO SEE IF ITS THE SOUL AND THE RUNOFF WS THE SAME SO WE GOT A GOOD PH NOW

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
NO FERTILIZER. NUTRIENTS USED IS FISH SH!T and MAMMOTH P.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
SHE SPRAYS THE LEAVES WHEN THEY SRE DRY BUT MAINLY JUST REGULAR WATER. ABOUT TO PICK UO THE NEEM OIL TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
600 WATT LED LIGHT BY PHILZON.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
NO COOSER THAN 1 FT. NO FURTHER THAN 2 FT.

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
TENT IS 32 x 32 x 63.

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
TENP IS ABOHT 25-28c and humidity ranges in 20s - 30s.

14. What is the pH of the soil?
I FORGOT WHAT BUNVER THE SOIL WAS BUT I WILL DEFINITELY GRT IT TESTED TOMOROW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IT. BUT WE DID OERFORM THE PH TEST OF WATER AND RUNOFF WATER AFTER WATERING AND THE SOIL AND WATER MIX WAS ABIHT THE SAME. WE HAD TO PH IT SOME SO WE ARE IN THE OROCESS OF FIXING THAT.

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
HAVENT NOTIFED ANYTHING FLYING AROUND. WE USUALLY KEEP IT ZIPPED TIGHT BUT WE ALSO HAVE INLINE FAN SO I DOUBT ANY INSECT HAS THE ABILITY TO STAY ON THE PLANT AS AIR IS ALWAYS BLOWING IN THE TENT.

16. How much experience do you have growing?
ABSOLUTELY NONE WHICH IS WHY I REFER TO YOU GUYS.

Madbud

Madbud

Hey, somebody with less experience than me! The advantage of soil in a pot is that you can pull the plant out to look at the roots and open the soil a little with that probe you got. Even leave it out of the pot to dry, if its too wet. I had pm on a rosebush and sprayed milk on it, gone. Good luck.

3 balls

3 balls

Does anybody think this is related to RH going from crazy high to crazy low? 90-20

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Bro it looks like it needs water :)
When it gets rootbound the water just drains thru and roots dont get much. Take a fork, aerate the top soil, you will destroy some roots but it’ll help with the water flow inside the medium. Water with the 1/3 of the total amount wait a couple of minutes, go back and slowly pour in the remaining water.
Honestly it just looks like it needs water and the medium seems dry to me.

You can spray the plant to see if it perks up.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It is my first grow. The thing about the pot was that my girl was just testing the soil. Like we didn’t expect it to do what it’s doong. We have another plant that we focused on and that was that. This plant she just dropped the seed and said he...we will see. So it started growing and when I say growing I mean we would sleep overnight and by next morning the leaves were noticeably longer and bigger. We were enfatuated by drastic growth that we forgot to transplant it

My first year with my outdoor plants was the same. When they were nearing the end of the veg cycle the tops were growing 1 inch and nearly a full leaf set every day. It blew my mind. I'd stand in the exact same spot every day and compare them to the fence, then to how far above the fence. I got really worried when they stalled right at the beginning of flower but I didn't know that was a normal part of the transition between cycles yet. Flower cycle is so boring compared to veg, then gets interesting again near the end when they plump up and actually start looking like nuggs.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Does anybody think this is related to RH going from crazy high to crazy low? 90-20

I think I found out what it was. I initially came to you guys seeing as tho you guys are on top of it when it comes to fast responses. But after researching I found what I did wrong.

1. I have a carbon filter setup and I unplugged the fans trying to rely off regular humidity because I wanted to see if the tent fans were sucking up air too fast for humidity to set in. Well by cutting off fans, humidity set in too much and still no fans so both of those combined helped cause this. ALSO...pot the ceramic pot was too small so the whole watering routine was messed up and the article explained it to where I understood it.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Bro it looks like it needs water :)
When it gets rootbound the water just drains thru and roots dont get much. Take a fork, aerate the top soil, you will destroy some roots but it’ll help with the water flow inside the medium. Water with the 1/3 of the total amount wait a couple of minutes, go back and slowly pour in the remaining water.
Honestly it just looks like it needs water and the medium seems dry to me.

You can spray the plant to see if it perks up.

That’s the thing. By the pot being too small. The article I read mentioned the plant sucking up the water too quickly. And my gf noticed. Amazed at how fast the plant was drinking but still watering the same amount and that was also a problem. I will send a link to the article I read in another response but it made sense. Everything I read along with what you guys said was spot on the problem. So when someone said watering. Hey are right but it was a little more complex than that. All in all we transplanted it into a larger and my gf says it’s doing better. She demanded I leave it alone so updated pics will be sent maybe Saturday

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

As for the yellow leaf, or discoloration if the leaf, some mentioned thrips and some mentioned fungus and PM. Well I read PM and based off what the pics looked like as well as ways to tell if it’s PM. None fit the description. I purchased the neem oil anyway. Will see Saturday when I post pic on what to do. I haven’t seen any bugs. Haven’t seen anything indicating thrips either. No silver stuff on leaf. No minor bite marks. So for that leaf...I don’t know. None of the new leaves have anything that matches it so I will keep a close eye on it. As beneficial neem oil is, I read up it can also be harmful so I don’t wanna go in the wrong direction unnecessarily so once I get off work and check on things, I will update

Top Bottom