plant out growing my lights ?

• Thread starter moewebb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moewebb

got a plant out growinig my lights i dont know what to do with it? any sugestions would be great

Plant out growing my lights
B

barngrower12

you need to train it so all parts of the plant are getting light. At this point depending on how old your plant is to top it. So cut off parts not in light and a little lower. Try to grow plant with V's so its bushier instead of being that tall. Also, use rope and tie-down stems so it's more horizontal and less vertical. Topping is my opinion the better method since the parts above lights are useless anyways since they won't be receiving enough energy to produce quality and bigger buds.

greenscholar

greenscholar

trellis it down, if still in veg cut it Edward scissor hands style.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Yeah man you needa start tying them down. Have you flipped them to flower yet?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Perfect time to bend down the main stem and tie it so its lower than the side branches. They will grow up so most of the tops are well, on top. Called lst.

You can also pinch the stem and fold over. Called super cropping.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can I do this even in flower mode I just switch light cycle a week ago

I always do it after week 1 when the plant is growing and stretching the most.

My garden is shown in the link in my signiture if you are interested.

M

moewebb

I always do it after week 1 when the plant is growing and stretching the most.

My garden is shown in the link in my signiture if you are interested.
I just checked it out you have nice plants my buddy gave me these as babies and I took over this my first ever crop

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'd recommend trying to sort of roll the stem where you want to bend it between your fingers, crushing it very lightly. By rolling it, you make it pliable enough to make bending easier while keeping the plant's structure intact. FWIW, I have had some Sativas outgrow the bare bulb and it actually started growing upside down. The leaves above the light level will bend downward to catch as much light as possible, but the grew well, just funky looking. Iff you can get it trained lower, though, you will be better off. If you try training and you manage to snap the branch, you can usually cut them off at the snap (If they are totally broken, not still attached as they usually survive if still attached) and put them in a glass of water or sometimes directly into a bucket of dirt, and it will root fairly quickly. No need to lose broken branches!

Deke

Deke

Perfect time to bend down the main stem and tie it so its lower than the side branches. They will grow up so most of the tops are well, on top. Called lst.

You can also pinch the stem and fold over. Called super cropping.
Super crop. There are videos on YouTube. (Watching him pop and.twist the stems was cool. )But a tjis point it's cut or supercrop.

H

hawkman

this happen to all of use at times "those dam sativa strains and dominate hybrids", Found bending dose help with smaller / small medium branches, but for "stronger" ranches even the main "suppercrop" it this works very well (perfer this)- or tilt grow containers at a what; 45 degrees angle if you have room Good Luck - let us know how hings come out

Latest posts

Top Bottom