Plant Pest And Ways To Keep Them From Eating My Plants

• Thread starter Scottydawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scottydawg

Scottydawg

Growing outdoors and have had problems with rabbits and deer eating my young plants. Any suggestions on keeping them away that won't harm my plants?

DGP

DGP

4 X 4 posts with agricultural wire stapled to it. Not the wimpy chicken wire but the stronger stuff made of thicker wire. Staple it up with wire staples that are driven in with a hammer. Make a small gate to get in and out. Did this to keep animals out of my garden where I grow vegetables as well as a few cannabis plants. Pretty foolproof and more effective than repellents etc. Unless your growing in a large area with tree size plants it is pretty affordable.

Dee

Scottydawg

Scottydawg

I am more of a jungle grower due to the laws in my state. I have used rotten Vegas and water mix before and had good success. I have heard ground up rep pepper sprinkled directly on the plant works well too. Along with bottling my urine and pouring it a foot or so away from plants will help. Again I have heard hair clippings from barber's floor will keep some pest away. I just don't want my DNA near them. Lol

DGP

DGP

Some folks have used cougar scat etc. There are places that sell it: https://predatorpee.com/

I use habenero pepper spray for bugs on the vegetables as well as cannabis and the veggies come out really hot if you don't wash them so that might help as well. 1 lb of peppers simmered on the stove with a quart of water then filter it into the sprayer. Good bug prevention as well.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the easiest and no cost method i use is this,get your hat on backards and start pulling brush ,make a circle around plants about 5ft tall and make a make shift entry,if you plant onion slips all around the inside permeter of the brush the smell alone keep deer away,they cant stand garlic and onions growing,and as far as rabbits,throw some wire around the plants about 3 ft from them about 2ft off ground,they can jump it,but wont,there lazy and both deer and rabbits are number one on the food chain,so they are always on gaurd and wont confine themselves in a area without quick escape,another tip for deer is this,you can put up a fence,dont matter unless they can see there some kind of object that will interupt a landing on other side,so anything 4 to 5 ft from fence on inside there ,they wont jump it,so trash can ,barels anything that will make them think about the landing

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the easiest and no cost method i use is this,get your hat on backards and start pulling brush ,make a circle around plants about 5ft tall and make a make shift entry,if you plant onion slips all around the inside permeter of the brush the smell alone keep deer away,they cant stand garlic and onions growing,and as far as rabbits,throw some wire around the plants about 3 ft from them about 2ft off ground,they can jump it,but wont,there lazy and both deer and rabbits are number one on the food chain,so they are always on gaurd and wont confine themselves in a area without quick escape,another tip for deer is this,you can put up a fence,dont matter unless they can see there some kind of object that will interupt a landing on other side,so anything 4 to 5 ft from fence on inside there ,they wont jump it,so trash can ,barels anything that will make them think about the landing
i have a 45 x 45 garden,8ft tall wire all around it,they clear that fence ,no problem,after i put up shade cloth on 2 sides,not even a question,they wont even walk the fence line,hahah,first moved here,they were clearing that fence with ease,so i started feeding them corn,believe it or not,they have no urge to get to my gardens since

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I am more of a jungle grower due to the laws in my state. I have used rotten Vegas and water mix before and had good success. I have heard ground up rep pepper sprinkled directly on the plant works well too. Along with bottling my urine and pouring it a foot or so away from plants will help. Again I have heard hair clippings from barber's floor will keep some pest away. I just don't want my DNA near them. Lol
LOL that's funny, on one hand you spread your urine around but in closing you say you don't want your dna around. Your urine contains your genetic markers bro........ or DNA if you will.

Urine contains skin cells, occasional semen and prostate discharges (in men) and trace amounts of blood (occasionally larger amounts if health issues are occurring) meaning that minute amounts of DNA can be extracted from urine samples.

While saliva and blood are better source of DNA, urine and other human waste products can be used in their stead.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Aluminum can cut in half with "Irish spring"bar soap in it. Make a perimeter around your plants. Definitley keeps deer away.
I have heard that somewhere myself. So it really does work eh? Very nice, thanks for the tip!!!

Freshone

Freshone

LOL that's funny, on one hand you spread your urine around but in closing you say you don't want your dna around. Your urine contains your genetic markers bro........ or DNA if you will.

Urine contains skin cells, occasional semen and prostate discharges (in men) and trace amounts of blood (occasionally larger amounts if health issues are occurring) meaning that minute amounts of DNA can be extracted from urine samples.

While saliva and blood are better source of DNA, urine and other human waste products can be used in their stead.
I would totally like to see a cop trying to collect piss and semen from the ground to get uncorrupted DNA from it,lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom