plant problem rdwc

• Thread starter wilson2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wilson2

hi 3 plants in rdwc. co2 enrichment 1200ppm. just flipped after 6.5wks of veg. all 3 plants look great 3/4 of my total canopy full in a scrog. I usually maintain ec. at 2, I went away for a week camping. Got back plants all fine, ec down to 1. did a water change which came in at ec. 2.4, mind I did this last water change and there was no nute burn so I figured it would be fine. However last w/c the ec was 2 prior the change. This time it was 1prior the change. 24hrs later the biggest plant has wilted and looks dead, the 2 smaller plants look fine ec 2 ph 6. room temp 30, humidity 40%. water temp 18.5c. optimum light height for my lights is 600 they were at 750 i was trying to encourage stretch. I checked the root system large and healthy. I run 3 air pumps heaps of air. I looked up marijuana garden saver handbook by jc stich. I looked up wilting and 1 of the reasons given is plants can no longer draw up water if the salt levels are higher in the soil then in the plant itself. So I diluted the solution so the ec. is now 1, 24hrs later the plant still looks fucked. Im going to give it another 24hrs if it hasnt come good im ripping it out of the system before it has a chance to contaminate the whole system. Has anyone else experienced this? or no of any other causes? I've been growing rdwc for yrs and have never come across this. No sign of nute burn, possibly a little heat stress but I elevated it to 30 because im running co2 (for the first time) heaps of air circulation. thanks in advance wilson

AfroMania

AfroMania

Did you have to pull it? Did the other turn out fine? I'm about to start RDWC so good to know of surprises, especially if you've been doing it a while and were caught off guard.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

How about a few pics?
Plant, few different leafs from different sections of the plant. Rootball....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom