Plant sagging and idk what to do

• Thread starter Dramadon3151
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

So these girls started drooping and i dont know why...any help would be great! My first time doing this....

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

Everything was going fine and then they just started doing this. So i stopped watering and feeding temporary and thru the day they perk up some but then they do this again. This is the worst ive seen them doing it. Im about to transplant them all into 7 gallon smart pots tomorrow in case they got iver watered and thats whats going on....will that help?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looks thirsty?

I think this is another example of small plants in big containers and the difficulty people have watering them correctly, particularly new growers

Recommend starting plants including autoflowers in smaller pots and up planting them as they grow for best results, good luck

Edit: the last thing I would do with that plant is up-pot it

If that were my plant, right now I would water that entire media as if I was watering a big plant, and I would continue watering that way as if it were already full grown

Last edited:
Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

Looks thirsty?

I think this is another example of small plants in big containers and the difficulty people have watering them correctly, particularly new growers

Recommend starting plants including autoflowers in smaller pots and up planting them as they grow for best results, good luck

Edit: the last thing I would do with that plant is up-pot it

If that were my plant, right now I would water that entire media as if I was watering a big plant, and I would continue watering that way as if it were already full grown
So putting it into a smaller 7 gallon pot is a bad idea? Also ive been watering regularly, you dont think its maybe over watering?

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

what size pots are they in now? and i agree with beachwalker!
10 gallon. They were watered after reaching a very dry point. 10% runoff. Then 4 days later again. 2 days after that they all drooped badly. So i stopped watering for several days and they all perked up. Feeling the soil it fel dry in the top half but deeper its very wet. The moisture meter reads very wet still. So i gave the. A small dose of calmag water ph'd to 6.2 and they drooped even worse.

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

They were growing almost double in size every other day....now they stopped growing completely. So i thought maybe its an over water due to too large a pot. Transplant to 7 gallon and add in dry media then after 24 hrs add a feeding tea and maybe some rapid start rooting nutes.....

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

what size pots are they in now? and i agree with beachwalker!
So i should start just watering to 10% runoff and w nutes too? You think theyre starving due to the large pots holding the water deepee than the roots are accessing maybe?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Holy crackers! I thought they were in 5s and you wanted to put them into 7's, wow!

If those were mine they'd be in 6 inch square pots still where I could control them better

I'm not sure taking them out of tens and putting them into sevens is going to help

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

So i should water as if i were watering a full grown plant. Meaning enough to get runoff from each pot? The reason i planted in a large pot is that i read autos should be started in the pot size theyll finish in. I thought i was getting 7 gallon but for aome reason ended up with 10 gallon smart pots. Fml

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

Well...i went ahead and transplanted the smallest ones into 1 gallon smart pots and the largest ones in 5 gallon smart pots. Added great white while doing it and the watered them all to 10% runoff. While i was moving the 10 gallon pots they were so wet even after days of no water they were running off water on the floor. Too much water for such small plants i think. So much wet media that there was no way that tiny root bundle could breath thru it. After even just 2 hours they were praying to the 2 pb2000 leds. Ill update with photos in 72 hrs. Whatever the outcome. Theres 8 total autos in there right now in week 2. Im dropping 6 photos tomorrow. 2 fire og. 2 Skywalker kush, and 2 hawaiian skunk. I have a nice big 8x8 so why not? I want to add either a maxisun 4000 or an optic 8. Any suggestions or input about either of those?

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

Another thing i did was add a wire shelving system. Previous they were sitting directly on the floor I know it seems inconsequential but it was shutting off a huge area of aeration and making the pots sit in the runoff. After adding the wire shelf system theyre all up off the floor and able to run off very well. Tons more surface area to allow capillary action to occur. Even if these die from the crazy mistakes, i feel like ive learned a lot about what not to do with autos and the next run should be a little more streamlined for it!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Another thing i did was add a wire shelving system. Previous they were sitting directly on the floor I know it seems inconsequential but it was shutting off a huge area of aeration and making the pots sit in the runoff. After adding the wire shelf system theyre all up off the floor and able to run off very well. Tons more surface area to allow capillary action to occur. Even if these die from the crazy mistakes, i feel like ive learned a lot about what not to do with autos and the next run should be a little more streamlined for it!
They're not going to die. Good idea to transplant into a smaller pot.

Cold will also make plants droop. If they look like this in the morning when the lights first go on, that could be the problem. Sitting directly on a cold floor could do that, too.

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

They're not going to die. Good idea to transplant into a smaller pot.

Cold will also make plants droop. If they look like this in the morning when the lights first go on, that could be the problem. Sitting directly on a cold floor could do that, too.

They definitely are droopier in the morning. I actually added a 12000 btu ac, 8000 btu dehumidifier, and a massive infinite control heated pad on the floor. Since adding those the environment has been much easier to stabilize. I also put in an 8" cloudline vent system from ac infinity with the 8" carbon filter. Environmentally everything is running like a top....its the watering and feeding thats turning out to be trickier than anything else.

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

These girls were almost stunted since the first week. Its only week 3 now but i lost a week because of that issue. Doing much better now.

Screenshots 2020 10 23 23 30 00
Top Bottom