• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

8 plant 7 light

:icon_spin:

G

gettogro

This is a cut and paste from my build thread, I was trying to estimate the efficiency and yield of my 7k 8 plant rooms. I will have a conclusion in about 7 weeks

I was thinking about a way to rate the efficiency of my new setup. I figure that if I am using the full potential of each 1k light, it would have a plant on all four sides to rate it at being used at 100% and a plant on 3 sides at 75%. With that in mind This set up would have 6 lights at 75% and 1 light at 100%.

So 6X75+100=550 550/700=.785 I figure I am using 78.5% of my total 7000 watts available. If I set my goal at 2 pounds per light and am using 78.5% of my available lights 7X2=14 14X.785= 10.99lbs

So if all goes well and I can get some good clones of some hashplant or g13 or another high yielding tree strain. I would set my harvest goal at 11 lbs per room. Im sure that wont happen on the first run but it will be something to work towards.

Peace

growroomlayout.jpg

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

9 1/2 x 11ft room with 50" plant to plant

9 1/2 x 11ft room with 50" plant to plant or 35 3/8" lamp to plant spacing
11ft x 95ft room

C

Coxie

16x9

View attachment 109212

iConnor, Agree with your conclusion. How does the average work out with these two designs. The problem is guessing at the percentage of yield on the perimeter plants. This layout is the more standard type. The layout used in your examples are rotated 45*
Thanks

I agree with the 16 x 9 square layout per widowmaker's design graphic. I"m currently using 20 per 12 trees. I've run this layout and put some extra's on the perimeter, and the yield with a 2 light tree was approx 50% of a 4 light, and the corner (1 light) trees got about 25%. Not a real scientific study, but after some rounds with this in mind, it seems that light numbers, along with proper spacing are the key for my expectations on yield. For max yield, I'd put 4 lights around a tree, for MAXX yield, I'd veg 'em way big, stack 2 high x 4 sides. Have any of you guys done that? That might be something to see.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Killer, Our you limited by how many lights you can power and cool? How high is your ceiling?

mountain

mountain

Wow, looks really nice. Lots to learn here.

Any input on a layout like this for 18?

[cut and pasted from some of Widowmakers graphics - Widowmaker, maybe you could help make some up like this please?]

Any constructive ideas appreciated!

18_layout_1.jpg

18_layout_2.jpg

Square layout to keep it most efficient. Maybe add lights on the outside corners for the two plants that only have two lights?

Is there a better layout in the "rows" version rotated 45 degrees to consider? This looks just crazy:

18_rotated_layout.jpg

But maybe slightly less so with the corner lights taken away?:
18_rotated_layout_2.jpg

But much less efficient than the first layout if you drop to 18 lights, even in the most efficient approach - not as close to a square.

What would the ideal room height be?

Thanks!

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Your looking for an 18 plant layout, how big is your plant or what distance do you want between the lamp and the center of your plant? Not sure about idea room height, but its good to have room to grow and a place for heat to raise away from the lamps.

mountain

mountain

Widowmaker -

Would you please be willing to make up a couple layouts -

both based on this 18 configuration, one with 40" spacing and one with 50" spacing?

If you could include measurements to help figure out what the dimensions of the room need to be, like the overall measurements from the first light to the last bucket on either the x or y axis, that would be great. Or maybe a drawing like the one you did above for the 50" centers that shows outlines of the plants and the walls of the room to show what the minimum dimensions of the room need to be.

huge thanks!

18_layout_2.jpg

C

crossouttheiis

widowmaker its been a while... could you do me a layout with 50 and 60 inch centers with six buckets in a ten by 15 room

treereek

treereek

widowmaker...I'm also curious about a room similiar (11X16) with 8 plz. X <12 ltz. What would u recommend to efficiently fill this size room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom