Plant Spacing and Light Layout

• Thread starter Decisive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Decisive

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if the plant spacing planned out in this diagram is optimal, or if it could be improved in any way. The yellow rectangles are 27gal home depot buckets, yellow circles are 1000w lights, the big green circles are the estimated diameter of each plant after the stretch in flower.

http://i49.invalid.com/wi8z7t.jpg

Thanks in advance.

E

easypleasie

With that size room, I personally would go with 8 lights and7 plants. Should kick ass bro! All plants will get light from 3 sides and 1 will get light from 4.

x=plant
o=light

o x o
x o x
o x o
x o x
o x o

E

easypleasie

This 7 light, 8 plant setup would also work. The setup above provides an extra 1k of light and ups your watts/sq. ft.

x o x
o x o
x o x
o x o
x o x

You want the lights in between the plants. Spacing will depend on the strain you use and how big they get.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if the plant spacing planned out in this diagram is optimal, or if it could be improved in any way. The yellow rectangles are 27gal home depot buckets, yellow circles are 1000w lights, the big green circles are the estimated diameter of each plant after the stretch in flower.

http://i49.invalid.com/wi8z7t.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Like it, it’s a clever layout,:D but if you’re trying to get DDs 4lbs per plant, I believe he has said 3 1KW HPS minimum around each plant to get the big yields and 4 lights for 4lbs. For standard square layout, the spacing is 40” light to light or plant to plant, plant to light is 28 ¼”. All this is depending on the plant. Let me know if I’ve got it wrong. TIA!
Can someone tell us how high to start the lights at, measuring from the top of the bucket?
:icon_spin:

C

crossouttheiis

Like it, it’s a clever layout,:D but if you’re trying to get DDs 4lbs per plant, I believe he has said 3 1KW HPS minimum around each plant to get the big yields and 4 lights for 4lbs. For standard square layout, the spacing is 40” light to light or plant to plant, plant to light is 28 ¼”. All this is depending on the plant. Let me know if I’ve got it wrong. TIA!
Can someone tell us how high to start the lights at, measuring from the top of the bucket?

correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that you start the lights at the same height as the top of your plants and move them up from there.... :party0033:

D

Decisive

sorry guys i just messed up with the diagram there should be lights as shown in easypleasies diagram, the system is 8 lights, 7 plants. The total vertical height is 8ft i will try and get a measurement from the top of the bucket to the roof. I was just hoping the extra distance we are giving wont slow our growth too much due to a reduction in light intensity.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Just for Fun!!

View attachment 61775

Six more 1KW HPS and you can be the man with the HUGE budz!!:rasta2:

or 600KW's closer in with good reflectors might do it.:party0023:

Just the way it is will very Mucho!!!

D

dusty

I am thinkin about building a set up for a DD bucket type set up. The space I'm planning for bloom is 24 x 30 . I was planning on having 4 buckets wide 5 deep on 5' centers a la Krusty.

I was also thinking about lighting my room up like the clown using 18 600s and 12 1ks. with this set up all plants will have light from all 4 sides with 8 plants getting hit with all 1ks and the rest a mix of 1ks and 6s.

I am growing a very indica dom strain with little leaf (Freak of nature) and little stretch in the current system (raised beds horizonal lights in reflectors)

6 6 6 6 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 6 6 6 6

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

More Fun

I am thinkin about building a set up for a DD bucket type set up. The space I'm planning for bloom is 24 x 30 . I was planning on having 4 buckets wide 5 deep on 5' centers a la Krusty.

I was also thinking about lighting my room up like the clown using 18 600s and 12 1ks. with this set up all plants will have light from all 4 sides with 8 plants getting hit with all 1ks and the rest a mix of 1ks and 6s.

I am growing a very indica dom strain with little leaf (Freak of nature) and little stretch in the current system (raised beds horizonal lights in reflectors)

6 6 6 6 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 1 1 1 6
6 6 6 6 6
View attachment 61849

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Sweet run Widowmaker!! That would come out to roughly 22,000 watts total! From your signature I see your in Socal like me, are you planning a warehouse grow? You know we can't throw something like that in a house in San Diego

The diagram you made above looks good. The inside plants will be BEASTS and the outsiders should be at least 2 pounders. If your doing it exactly like DD. Good luck man

Use a generator!! I drew this for Dusty and just for fun.

C

Carson

That run would cost me @ 3600 in elec. I think it would be worth it.

J

jordisgarden

Whats the electric bill gonna look like mothly with all those lights. is it gunna be like 4k a month?

M

MedicalINFO

This is my first time running D's style of garden. My room dimensions are 13' 7" by 18'7", I was thinking of running 10 thousands, and 4 corner sixhundreds.

oxo
xox
oxo
xox
oxo
xox
oxo
o=plant
x= 1000 w
*= 600 w

Do I have enough space for this?
Can I run 11 plants on a 100 gallon reservoir?

I know it is strain specific , I have black dominas that are very squatty pure indica!

Thanks I'm hoping to get this popping in the next two weeks and could use some assurance asap

M

MedicalINFO

Sick!!

Great work, thanks a lot for your time on that one. I think you are right with the second drawing. More light is always gonna produce more. It looks like my room is too big, or will they eventually spread out?

I'm assuming that 11 plants is too much for the 100gal. res?

Thanks again

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Great work, thanks a lot for your time on that one. I think you are right with the second drawing. More light is always gonna produce more. It looks like my room is too big, or will they eventually spread out?
I'm assuming that 11 plants is too much for the 100gal. res?
Thanks again

Drawings this simple are fun to do. Make a frames out of PVC pipe and wrap them with Panda plastic use the white side as a reflector to bounce the light back at the back side of your plants. Light is everything and its expensive so do let it get away. If you grow something that is more than 40" in diameter you may want to spread out. Spread out too much and the plants don't get the intense light and may stretch or not get big. The brightness of light falls off pretty fast so I would rather bend limbs back than not get strong light.
I grow in dirt ...don't know about RES size yet, read MPB threads. Won't be growing more than 6 anytime soon.

M

mrhappy

Hi guys, I have been lurking and reading for a while and had to jump into the conversation. I am a newbe and listening to all the great advice on the forums Thanks for all the great work. I am working with 4) liquid cooled fresca sol lights and have them hung vertical in a diamond pattern. the size of my room is only 6'x9' so i set things up like this with 5 plants and 4) 1000's
o (hanging light)
x x
o x o (2 lights fixed to wall)
x x
o (hanging light)
the o's are the lights
the x's are 27 gallon dd buckets
there is about 48" from light to light and 2 lights are fixed to the walls the other 2 are hanging.
the thought here is the that each plant is between 2) 1000 hps bulbs on 2 side each shining 180 degrees of sunlight. the center plant is between all 4 lights.
Is this lighting pattern correct or at least sensible for my layout? am i better off going the classic x o x
o x o
x o x pattern?
it seems like there is lots of plant area towards the back side of the plants that will be getting missed or only getting reflected light.
i am quite exited to give vertical growing a go and am very apreciative for all the help. I am new to forums and am also trying to select a good strain for tree grow from my collection. anyone have any suggestions on where i can get help with strain selection/ knowledge? thanks

N

nughit

I plan on doing six light six plants in a 10x10
x=plants o = lights
xox
oxo
xox
oxo

I am going to lay it out so all the plants are 30" from a bulb all around. I layed it out on paper and it ends up being 60" wide by 90" long. I am using a triangle layout with a base of 60" and height of 30" Plants on the outside are 60" apart and the middle plants are 30" up from the middle bulb. I figured out the math and the middle plants would be 42.5" away from other plants with all bulbs being 30" away. I think this will kick ass and allow for couple more plants/lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom