Plant won’t flowering and pistils are turning brown

• Thread starter BlueberryNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

I apologize if I make any mistakes but it's my first post.

Hello!
For over 2 weeks I have lowered the hours of light to make the plant bloom, in no time the pre-flowers with the first pistils came out, but for over a week no more hair comes out and those few millimeters that are there are turning brown and smaller and smaller, even if the plant continues to grow very fast, what am I doing wrong?

Plant wont flowering and pistils are turning brown
Plant wont flowering and pistils are turning brown 2
Plant wont flowering and pistils are turning brown 3
Plant wont flowering and pistils are turning brown 4
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Not sure what you mean by 'lowered the hours' but if you want it the flower set it to 12 on, 12 off & keep it healthy and it will flower, good luck!
I will explain better, sorry but my english is not great😂
I mean, I went from an 18/6 cycle to a 12/12 cycle, it's getting light 10 hours outdoor and half an hour before the sun goes down i turn on the 550w LEDs (3000°k) to reach 12 hours, in my area the days are short, but it gets 10 hours of direct sun.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I will explain better, sorry but my english is not great😂
I mean, I went from an 18/6 cycle to a 12/12 cycle, it's getting light 10 hours outdoor and half an hour before the sun goes down i turn on the 550w LEDs (3000°k) to reach 12 hours, in my area the days are short, but it gets 10 hours of direct sun.
I asked because some people go from for example 24 hours on, down to 18 hours of light and then to 16 etc. until they get to 12 but if you've already dropped it to 12/12 you just going to have to wait it's already started shouldn't be too long!

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

I asked because some people go from for example 24 hours on, down to 18 hours of light and then to 16 etc. until they get to 12 but if you've already dropped it to 12/12 you just going to have to wait it's already started shouldn't be too long!
Most important part of being a grower, be patient.
RR1
Ok, thanks to both of you! I'll wait, I wrote the post because being an indica dominant I thought 3 weeks 12/12 was enough to form a lot of hair!

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

male flower pic 2?
looks like it to me.
Yes, from the photo it may seem, but it has two pistils, which can hardly be seen since they have dried up and lost color, a few days ago they were longer and whiter, so I'm pretty sure it's not a male!

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Some basic plant anatomy. You are getting those two tiny hairs coming out of the calyx.which is the first start of the female parts. That is normal and would indicate a female. However im really surprised you are not seeing the pistils form further up the top of the plant.
these plants have been on12/12 for about 11 days and I’m just starting to see the cola buds produce tiny pistils beginnings.
first picture of what you have going on, other two pictures start of my cola pistils.
What’s the top of your plants doing?

5B5192F0 5E77 4DFE A563 6870E8401B6D
EFF03D4F 00C9 4350 ABD4 0539C050C606
E15593D9 BB3F 4DB7 8824 5DEA116B707B
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Some basic plant anatomy. You are getting those two tiny hairs coming out of the calyx.which is the first start of the female parts. That is normal and would indicate a female. However im really surprised you are not seeing the pistils form further up the top of the plant.
these plants have been on12/12 for about 11 days and I’m just starting to see the cola buds produce tiny pistils beginnings.
first picture of what you have going on, other two pictures start of my cola pistils.
What’s the top of your plants doing?
Hello, thanks for reply!
The photos you sent are the result i expected, but i didn't get... i have little pistils on the top and they are dry too, but they are really small to be recognized, in the picture it may look male, but from here I can see some tiny dry hair. In the second photo there is something that can look like a hair, it is a branch that comes out of the third node counting from above.

7CB959F7 EC9E 4F84 9E92 D0AC7A226C3D
260F17DB 9C8E 4104 A736 EA990EDB3B9C
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Are you getting light leek? did they veg on you?

question are they getting taller or have they leveled off?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

If you have no light leaks this is a little odd...What are the genetics of the seed? Bag or bought? If bought post name of strain and breeder. Indica dom doesnt always mean what it sounds...my bet is either one or both of the scenarios listed.genetics or light leak/s..the last pic with the yellow leaves....that could be sulfur or iron. Im not experienced enough to say say...if i were to give an opinion this could also be a ph issue as well...if yours is too high/low that might change the ballgame a bit..

Speaking of light leaks..i know 2 brothers that put a plant directly under an outdoor light...i laughed told the ones gf that they dont know shit. Told her why it was a bad idea and we laughed!

Long story short told him in sept why they were wrong to do it...lol....they told me again i was wrong.....CANT FIX STUPID!!!

Hope you get it sorted....

Last edited:
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I think you may have a herm in there. Usually when I see a pistil turn brown so early, it is because it caught some pollen. I do see some intersex traits on one of your recent photos, but nothing that is an open sack dropping pollen. It doesn't take much pollen to seed a room. Check your plants closely for any male sacks.

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Are you getting light leek? did they veg on you?

question are they getting taller or have they leveled off?
If you have no light leaks this is a little odd...What are the genetics of the seed? Bag or bought? If bought post name of strain and breeder. Indica dom doesnt always mean what it sounds...my bet is either one or both of the scenarios listed.genetics or light leak/s..the last pic with the yellow leaves....that could be sulfur or iron. Im not experienced enough to say say...if i were to give an opinion this could also be a ph issue as well...if yours is too high/low that might change the ballgame a bit..

Speaking of light leaks..i know 2 brothers that put a plant directly under an outdoor light...i laughed told the ones gf that they dont know shit. Told her why it was a bad idea and we laughed!

Long story short told him in sept why they were wrong to do it...lol....they told me again i was wrong.....CANT FIX STUPID!!!

Hope you get it sorted....
I am sure I have no light leaks, when the plant takes 12 hours of light I move it to a totally dark room (also to prevent too low temperatures outdoor), I even covered the fan led with adhesive tape... The hair (if you mean them with "they", I apologize but my English is bad) that are in the picture are not growing anymore, on the contrary, they are getting smaller.
It's a Moscow Blueberry (Blueberry x Ak-47) from Kalashnikov seeds. About the yellow leaves, that's not my plant 😅
The ph of the water I give (always with small quantities of liquid fertilizer) never goes beyond 6.5 or below 6... well, i hope I'm not like them😂

Last edited:
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

I think you may have a herm in there. Usually when I see a pistil turn brown so early, it is because it caught some pollen. I do see some intersex traits on one of your recent photos, but nothing that is an open sack dropping pollen. It doesn't take much pollen to seed a room. Check your plants closely for any male sacks.
I don't know, several people on the post believe this, but I have only one feminized plant, and the only organs that have grown have seemed female to me and even if there was a male organ, I believe it is really tiny and insignificant to trigger a process like that, however I imagine that if the plant were hermaphrodite, flowers would still have to grow right?(I'm noob)

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yes, you are correct. A hermaphodite plant will have both organs. Usually it is the female pistils that develop first, then around the third week, male organs may start to show. It is not every plant and sometimes it is an environmental stress that triggers this change in anatomy. This may not occur on every branch, but even three or four male sacks opening in the room can cause the female pistils to become pollinated.

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

The arrows are pointing at what I think may be male pollen sacks that are close to opening.
You're right, actually it really looks like male, but I'm almost sure it had very small hairs that are not present in the photo due to the problem I'm having with the plant, otherwise I would have given it more account, I look at it minutely every day, but just in case should it be male, I'll cut the pollen sacks!
At this point i just want to see the flowers bloom as fast as possible😁

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

You may be able to cut the sacks you see, but there is the very likely chance, you won't see them all. This is why people remove hermaphodites when people see them.

If it is indeed a true male, there will be no female pistils on the plant. If a true male, you will need to remove it, it forms nothing but male organs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom