Plants are in pre-flower. What should I do with my supplemental lighting?

• Thread starter JacksonH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JacksonH

Plants are in pre flower what should i do with my supplemental lighting

I have 4 Pennywise plants in my greenhouse which get 12 hours of supplemental lighting each day due to trees blocking direct sunlight. Today I noticed white pistils on all of them. The lights come on at 6 AM, go off at Noon, there is filtered, then direct sunlight from Noon until 6 PM, then the lights come on at 6 PM and go off at Midnight, so they are getting 18/6. I wasn't expecting to see pistils for another 2 months.

My question is: should I change the timing of my lights now, and if so, what should I change it to? If not now, when should I change it?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I'm still a new grower but I would think the changes is lighting are prob confusing it. If one light source is much stronger than the other she may be getting confused. What type of supplemental lights are you running? Could you just run them all the time, and maybe let the sun be a boost to those lights?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have 4 Pennywise plants in my greenhouse which get 12 hours of supplemental lighting each day due to trees blocking direct sunlight. Today I noticed white pistils on all of them. The lights come on at 6 AM, go off at Noon, there is filtered, then direct sunlight from Noon until 6 PM, then the lights come on at 6 PM and go off at Midnight, so they are getting 18/6. I wasn't expecting to see pistils for another 2 months.

My question is: should I change the timing of my lights now, and if so, what should I change it to? If not now, when should I change it?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
This just means your plant is mature and ready to flower WHEN YOU ARE. If you want to flip and start flowering now, you can. But if you want to veg longer, you can do that, too.

J

JacksonH

I'm still a new grower but I would think the changes is lighting are prob confusing it. If one light source is much stronger than the other she may be getting confused. What type of supplemental lights are you running? Could you just run them all the time, and maybe let the sun be a boost to those lights?
I have 4 ViparSpectra

J

JacksonH

This just means your plant is mature and ready to flower WHEN YOU ARE. If you want to flip and start flowering now, you can. But if you want to veg longer, you can do that, too.
OK, so what does that look like? If I keep the lighting the same, I assume they will stay in veg. Is that right?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I have 4 ViparSpectra XS2500 LED lights, 1 for each plant. I monitor the PAR, PPFD, and DLI so that they don't get too much light. If I ran the lights when the sun was direct, they would be getting too much light.
I misread. I thought you were saying your plants were going into pre-flower early even though you had light on them 18 hours a day.

J

JacksonH

I misread. I thought you were saying your plants were going into pre-flower early even though you had light on them 18 hours a d
I misread. I thought you were saying your plants were going into pre-flower early even though you had light on them 18 hours a day.
I did say that. That's why I'm confused. I wasn't expecting to see pre-flower pistils until September with the plants getting 18/6 lighting.

Oklacloner

Oklacloner

I would cycle onto your regional photo period. The days are still long enough the plants will continue to stretch and begin flowering later this month like they are supposed to..

freezeland2

freezeland2

I misread. I thought you were saying your plants were going into pre-flower early even though you had light on them 18 hours a d

I did say that. That's why I'm confused. I wasn't expecting to see pre-flower pistils until September with the plants getting 18/6 lighting.
They are only showing sex. Be happy they weren’t male.

J

JacksonH

I would cycle onto your regional photo period. The days are still long enough the plants will continue to stretch and begin flowering later this month like they are supposed to..
Thanks, that makes sense. So, if it gets light at about 6 AM and is dark by 9 PM, just give them supplemental light between those hours.
I'm THRILLED they weren't male.

J

JacksonH

Thanks, that makes sense. So, if it gets light at about 6 AM and is dark by 9 PM, I should just give them supplemental light between those hours, is that what you're saying?

Top Bottom