Plants are now 9” from 2000w led light and not hurting

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

Why aren’t my plants being damaged by lights.... or is that why they’re yellowing on the new growth?
The sure seem to be reaching up high and hard for plants that are 9” from the screaming powerful LED light.

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

What are you using for lights?
How big is the grow space?

LEDs won't "burn" the plant. They will bleach it. What you are describing may be bleaching. Can you take pictures in normal light? Closer to the affected area.

I suspect your LEDs are not strong enough, burple isnt a good sign.

CF89

CF89

What are you using for lights?
How big is the grow space?

LEDs won't "burn" the plant. They will bleach it. What you are describing may be bleaching. Can you take pictures in normal light? Closer to the affected area.

I suspect your LEDs are not strong enough, burple isnt a good sign.

Right now:

vipar spectra va2000 (400w draw)
Meizin 300w led

but I’m upgrading to a:
480W-LM301H+ CREE XP-E3+ LG UV (UV/IR separately control)
Non-waterproof 3500k kingbrite light showing up this week. It’s a huge light....

3x3’ grow space. Between my metal stand on the floor. And my shitty hanging devices. Headroom is an issue.

The tallest plant... my re vegged monster is closest to the light and dark green. No signs of bleaching.

the other smaller ones. Further from the light obviously. Look bleached and yellow.

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

Right now:

vipar spectra va2000 (400w draw)
Meizin 300w led

but I’m upgrading to a:
480W-LM301H+ CREE XP-E3+ LG UV (UV/IR separately control)
Non-waterproof 3500k kingbrite light showing up this week. It’s a huge light....

3x3’ grow space. Between my metal stand on the floor. And my shitty hanging devices. Headroom is an issue.

The tallest plant... my re vegged monster is closest to the light and dark green. No signs of bleaching.

the other smaller ones. Further from the light obviously. Look bleached and yellow.

They look great. Watch the leaves, you want them to be reaching up for the light. Not shying away from it.

I've got 2 x 240w fixtures and have had them both in a single 3x3 before. You're going to love it. 👍

CF89

CF89

thats what I found odd... the leaves that are 9" from the light are reaching for it HARD.... they arent gonna be happy till theyre touching the lights lens or what haha???

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

The Led burn is very different from the HID one....it creeps up slowly and never get to actually burn crisp the leaves...
But it doesent seems your case at all!
Yours seems to love it!! very happy! but no way those are 2000w of led otherwise they would look more like bacon strips at 9" from 2000w of diodes....😂

CF89

CF89

They call it a 2000w light because it’s like 400x 5w led bulbs. It draws 400watt
From the wall so it’s basically a 400w hps id say.

BigCube

BigCube

That kingbrite on full is going to be quite a different story 👍

Freaky75

Freaky75

You shure there not just praying . Leaves that are getting full light can raise up towards the light . It might Be to close . It's called praying. Look it up. Happy farming

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Hlg600 did this to my tallest plant 13 inches away. Its actual draw is 620. Still is developing, white hairs, but pale white/yellow on tip of cola due to intensity of leds. I have a free lux meter on smart phone(probally not the most accurate but gives idea(and free!!!). I try to keep canopy around 50,000 lux in flower. Can't remeber where I read but 45-50,000 in flower, and 15-20,000 veg is a good range. Your plants look nice and happy!

20200923 130509
CF89

CF89

You shure there not just praying . Leaves that are getting full light can raise up towards the light . It might Be to close . It's called praying. Look it up. Happy farming

Hmm. You make it seem like a bad thing? I googled praying marijuana and saw a few pics like mine. Read a few diff forums.... 19/20 guys said it means a happy and healthy plant.

what can I do with this one tall plant that’s 8” bigger than the rest? (Due to its bucket). Cut it or LST it? It’s just a re vegged experiment plant anyways.

CF89

CF89

My lux readings are pretty low. It’s like 16,000 right in the center at the perfect and highest reading. Otherwise it’s around 500-1000 at the edges. iPhone 8. Front camera with the Light Meter app.

even the tall plant that’s 9” from the light is only reading 15,000. Is my light really THAT shitty???

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I wouldnt say shitty lights....looks like a great veg light, plants are happy/healthy. Thats all that matters......will they offer you good results after flower....couldnt tell ya since I've never used them. Our phones lux meters could be completly different and mine could be reading way higher. Quantum boards are pretty good lights though, the smaller 2 pannel suplimental one reads just above 25,000 from 10ish inches away and the plants under it look fine. Nice crystal cover nuts under it. So the ones you have could produce good quality. Wont know till ya try, have you search forums to see if others have got good results with them?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My opinion here os the light needs to be backed off. The leaves are stressed and pointing up and tacoing some. Happy leaves are flat and soft. And mostly level.

When they are stiff and straight up like that it is a sign of mag stress. They say “praying for mag” in the old grow books.

But it can actually be caused by light stress. The plant cant quite keep up.

When i see that i move the light away some and see if the leaves relax.

tifosi

tifosi

The lights are to close and the problem is just starting to appear, In my opinion. can you move the tall one to the outside edge of your grow, it might help

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I'm a little confused by lights being too close. Not saying either of you are wrong. Its makes sense!! Im in mid flower week 5 and noticed bleaching about 2 weeks ago on the picture I posted. So I raised lights another 8 inches. Had no other issues other than the one arm being taller and closer to light. 2 weeks later still no issue but having a few upper leaes taco now. Is this a result of damage already done prior and just starting to show? Or does the tacoing happen pretty fast when too close to lights and I need to raise or dim my lights a bit more? I ask too because this might apply to @CF89 situation as well with light being too close.

tifosi

tifosi

my leafs didn't taco they curled outwards about 1/4 of them that wore close to the light. The first thing i noticed was the closest ones pointing up. The par reading was about 1100 it's now about 575 average.

Latest posts

Top Bottom