Plants are now 9” from 2000w led light and not hurting

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

How do I tell if it’s a blurple? Is it literally if the light/pics are purple?

Is that kingbrite I ordered considered a blurple? The light from the kingbrite is pure white I believe.

is the viparspectra considered a blurple?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is that kingbrite I ordered considered a blurple? The light from the kingbrite is pure white I believe.

Lol. You cant miss a blurple. Only red and blue diodes on them.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My opinion here os the light needs to be backed off. The leaves are stressed and pointing up and tacoing some. Happy leaves are flat and soft. And mostly level.

When they are stiff and straight up like that it is a sign of mag stress. They say “praying for mag” in the old grow books.

But it can actually be caused by light stress. The plant cant quite keep up.

When i see that i move the light away some and see if the leaves relax.
+1

tifosi

tifosi

For a blurple you would use a par meter, I use an apogee 500m.

AngmohGrowz

AngmohGrowz

Your lights are blurples. The kingbrite and everything else you mentioned are not

BigCube

BigCube

Yes is it quite literally the color of light.

Burple is made up of mostly blue and red light. Hence burple. The kingbrite is not burple. It will be a warmish white light, that will get warmer when you turn your red on.

Your vipaspectra is a burple.

CF89

CF89

Perfect. So I’ll be able to measure the KB with my phone since it’s not a blurple. Good to hear. I’m stoked to get it

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You cant measure lux on blurble lights..lux is a measure of "visible" light so its not accurate because its based on human vision. Only PAR meters will work on blurble. Your plants are getting waaaay more than your readings.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Hey
I used to use lux light meter(andrio app) for a long time, but I didn't feel very accurate. Later I got the PPFD and distance of the official manufacturer of the LED, and I compared it with lux. I found that the gap was still a little big,
my lux :clones 5k / seedling 5-10k, Veg 15-45k / flower 45-65k)
I recommend use the inverse square law to determine grow light hang distance
12ich / 75%(Up or down 12 inches, you multiply 75% to get the PPFD you need. (I don't think there's anything more accurate than PPFD.)
(400-600ppfd in Veg. 600-900PPFD in bloom)
Yellowing on the new growth? ,Check your runoff pH / ppm,
and AngmohGrowz is totally right lux meters do not work for blurples.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Hey
I used to use lux light meter(andrio app) for a long time, but I didn't feel very accurate. Later I got the PPFD and distance of the official manufacturer of the LED, and I compared it with lux. I found that the gap was still a little big,
my lux :clones 5k / seedling 5-10k, Veg 15-45k / flower 45-65k)
I recommend use the inverse square law to determine grow light hang distance
12ich / 75%(Up or down 12 inches, you multiply 75% to get the PPFD you need. (I don't think there's anything more accurate than PPFD.)
(400-600ppfd in Veg. 600-900PPFD in bloom)
Yellowing on the new growth? ,Check your runoff pH / ppm,
and AngmohGrowz is totally right lux meters do not work for blurples.
clerical error: Praying leaves aren’t a problem ,and isn’t a nutrient deficiency

Latest posts

Top Bottom