Plants continue to yellow. Need help

• Thread starter Tadpole98
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it depends on where you are and what you want to do to the plants. lots of people want to feed the plants, if you do your "soil" is just a root holder, or if you want to feed the soil to feed the plants it is a totally different thing. my advice is pick one method and use it. what i see happening is people pick soil then treat it like coco or hydro or soil-less, but not like soil.

i wanted the least expensive and i wanted to learn the basics (lighting, temp, humidity, and those things), i found that with my learning style i would learn feeding later. so i chose the water only soils.

i have tried some and found that i like PurpleCow Indicanja. it is Amazon, $10 less than others, comes quick and works well. and i pair that with ff cocoloco. natures living concentrate works well too, but i use it as a top feed if i think they need it. the natures living seems to keep things greener, but i sort of like the fall fade they get towards the end. i have one in the natures living and it is green and happy but like a week from done.

i use it 2 ways, a living soil (which i am not as fond of - but really works great once you figure a few things out.) and super soil, which is my preference. i put 1/3 indicanja in the bottom, then fill with cocoloco. i do this after the solo cup stage, but in the 1 gal and the final pot too.

for autos i use those in a 3,5 or 7 gallon pot. it works well, but if they are a long grow strain i might add a handful of worm castings or bat guano or the natures living... pretty much randomly, no idea which does what best, but they all seem to bring things back to happy and green.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

I have very high ph soil so to counter that been using really acidic water the color the plants are showing me it looks like a nutrient deficiency. What can I do to fix this? Will the really acidic water counter the high ph soil?
When you say very acidic water, what PH are you doing?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Nutrient uptake only occurs in a certain dead band of ph.

socks4free

socks4free

Actually one more thing what soil you recommend for my next go
Personally I've found sohum living soils to be a great just add water soil. The only thing I add is watering with molasses once a week and have had zero issues with nutrient deficiencies so far From seed to harvest.

NairnM16

NairnM16

Them hydro metes gave the sensors on the lower back try raise it off the soil for a mor accurate reading of the room

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Personally I've found sohum living soils to be a great just add water soil. The only thing I add is watering with molasses once a week and have had zero issues with nutrient deficiencies so far From seed to harvest.
that one is about the same $$ and works well!

i started reusing my soil now, so i havent actually bought any recently. but i did try several and most all worked about equally. i use the old soil after i reinforce it and let it "rest", lol. i use it just like the supersoil (1/3 and 2/3 neutral potting soil). at this point it has a mix of any soil i bought!

Latest posts

Top Bottom