Plants dying from Azamax?

• Thread starter Rjp2435
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rjp2435

Rjp2435

Hello all I’m new to this site and was hoping to find some help from other knowledgable growers.

I am a new grower, just started a batch of Bruce Banner #3 seedlings that sprouted 12 days ago. I decided to visit a buddy who also grows his own as well.
Here is where I made my first mistake.

My friend had given me a 3-4 week old female Skittles plant he had been growing indoors without any mites yet. The plant looked great and I was very grateful of the gesture so I accepted without any hesitation.
My mistake was note isolating the plant before introducing it to the same medium as my seedlings.

A day later I inspected the Zkittles plant to find a small infestation of spider mites that also appeared to have gotten to the seedlings. In fear for my plants, I wound up using Azamax to treat the mites. This was another mistake.
Since treating my seedlings and the older plant with Azamax, they have all stunted in growth, developed yellow, necrotic leaves as well as twisted growth in the newer leaves.

So my question is, what is there to do for my babies? It has been 7 days since the treatment of Azamax and it has been hard to watch.

During this time I have pruned the first set of leaves that had completed turned yellow/brown as well as topped the plant. I have given 2 thorough wI will post the before and after pictures below.

Before:
Plants dying from azamax
Plants dying from azamax 3
Plants dying from azamax 4

After:...
Plants dying from azamax 8
Plants dying from azamax 9
Plants dying from azamax 7
Plants dying from azamax 6

Keep in mind the last pictures are after pruning off the first set of leaves that had completely turned yellow/brown and curled.

Please help me! What can I do to help revive these girls??

Plants dying from azamax 2
Plants dying from azamax 5
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Everything looks over watered to me, and twisted new growth is often caused by mite infestations, but maybe there's a chemical reaction going on also?

Rjp2435

Rjp2435

Everything looks over watered to me, and twisted new growth is often caused by mite infestations, but maybe there's a chemical reaction going on also?
I’ve been watering pretty sparingly, only watered twice in the last week with about 10% runoff.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I understand you believe this is due to overwatering, but the plants looked like this yesterday when the soil was bone dry a few inches in. The excessive watering since then has been in an effort to flush the Azamax treatment. This question is in regards to Azamax.
Azamax applied as directed shouldn't have caused any issues, even though you seem to want to blame it for your mistakes.

Your plants are showing classic over-watering symptoms and also symptoms from a mite infestation, good luck.

Rjp2435

Rjp2435

Azamax applied as directed shouldn't have caused any issues, even though you seem to want to blame it for your mistakes.

Your plants are showing classic over-watering symptoms and also symptoms from a mite infestation, good luck.
I’ve read dozens of other experiences where Azamax has caused all of these exact symptoms. And like I said these plants were watered extremely sparingly before they showed any symptoms, and even when the symptoms began from the mites it was just small white spots barely visible. Day after Azamax and everything went to shit. I didn’t even water the 3-4 week old myself before treating it, and again at that point the soil was bone dry

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
ive been using azamax for my cannabis and also my fruit and veggie garden for the last 10 years no problems here 👍

Top Bottom