Plants Going Overall Pale...

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

This strain is going overall yellow. Uppers, lowers.
I will get a pic uploaded.

Violator kush
Coco/perlite 75/25
DE gavita @750w
Co2 1500

Week 2 flower
Nutrients in 1.8EC 67F
Slurry tests 5.8 to 6.0

Room air temp 81
RH 50%
Heated floors. 72 min.

Has anyone else grown this strain? It seems to dislike the DE light or really need a different nutrient profile.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i grow it all the time. how often are you feeding it?

BCrocker

BCrocker

Thanks for your reply!

These ones currently are being fed every 2nd or 3rd day.

I have a few runs with the vios and every time they seem to dislike the light or missing a nutrient (ie. cupping leaves) The climate/vpd is on point.

I also have a problem with them forming colas and just fingering out. (heat too intense light?)

That being said, one time in a Peat primary soil mixture they did seem to develop better...

P

PharmHand

Thanks for your reply!

These ones currently are being fed every 2nd or 3rd day.

I have a few runs with the vios and every time they seem to dislike the light or missing a nutrient (ie. cupping leaves) The climate/vpd is on point.

I also have a problem with them forming colas and just fingering out. (heat too intense light?)

That being said, one time in a Peat primary soil mixture they did seem to develop better...
Let's see a pic. 81f and 50 will definitely give you too high of a pressure deficit, should be more like 70-75% rh. My orange cookies likes to cup too. Throw up some pics:)

BCrocker

BCrocker

Early flower are the ones in question.

Late flower is how they keep developing for me.

Big ones are a different strain, same room, same nutrients.

20180209 080938
20180209 083427
20180209 080938
20180209 083335
P

PharmHand

Early flower are the ones in question.

Late flower is how they keep developing for me.

Big ones are a different strain, same room, same nutrients.
The DEs, are they 1000's dimmed down to 750? How far away from canopy top? What reflector? Those rippley twisting leaves a few nodes down from the top in first pic, to me, say ph issues and or lack of humidity. What size of pots? Were the plants vegged in this room? If plants weren't vegged in there, did they get pale n droopy with stems purpling when first moved in? How do you measure rh? Where in room/canopy are your sensors? Multiple sensors? What make of sensor?

BCrocker

BCrocker

Gavita 1000 DE dimmed to 750w.
Early flower - 40" from canopy top
10gal pots
They wwre started in another room but vegged in this room for 14 days after pot upsize. They started going pale first week 12/12

Late flower
30" from canopy top
7 gal pots

Rh sensors. On cheap honey well dehumidifier. Humidistat on Quest 225. Cheap hardware store temp/Rh throughout room at canopy height.

Yes, the VPD is off.. My mistake.

My last round of these vios went pale early flower and red stalks... Then seemed to lockout week 6

P

PharmHand

Were they perfect before you flipped? 30" is just too close if using the standard reflector, even the 150W, especially if you're running 9 or more. Four or five feet off is much better with lots of overlap. Cheap hygrometers can be way off. I used cheap ones for years and finally got some decent ones you can calibrate. Good one said 26% rh, my cheap ones said 52%. When I'd first put plants in there from my humid veg they'd go pale droopy and stems would purple. Some strains can handle it, some not.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Thabks for the info. The room has 32 gavita in 700sq ft. It may even be too much light?
Do you use humidifiers?

Can you recommend a hygrometer?

P

PharmHand

Exxtech makes some good ones but they're really pricey. These work well and they're calibratable with a boveda humidity calibration kit.
IMG 1838
View attachment 777339 They're pretty cheap too so you can buy a bunch and average the reading. There was a cigar website I got mine from and they came pre calibrated and guaranteed accurate but I can't remember what it was called. 700sqft is a little tight for 32 but guys do run em that tight. I have mine on 5' centers and it's almost too much I've never had em past 1000. I've got 11' ceilings but I do big plants and they always get too close. Anything closer than 4' and I see some paling and leaf edge curl on most strains. And I do run a humidifier until the canopy gets decently full then it seems to hold.

Top Bottom