Plants have deteriorated rapidly! Need advice

• Thread starter Organicgrow1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Organicgrow1234

Hey guys, I’m a new grower and new to the forum. My plants have been doing great, I returned ready to flip them to flower and noticed they were looking a little droopy. Now two days after they are looking horrible, any ideas what’s going on?

First picture is a week ago! The other two are current

-600w MH lights
-1.2m x 1.2m tent
-temps usually 23 degrees and 50% humidity
-organic living soil grow, local store made.
-usually water ever 2-3 days, about 1L per plant. PH to 6.5

Plants have deteriorated rapidly need advice
Plants have deteriorated rapidly need advice 2
Plants have deteriorated rapidly need advice 3
O

Organicgrow1234

They look like they need water. When did you water last?
Thanks for the reply,

I thought it was a possibility of overwatering as I increased the volume a couple weeks ago and found them droopy 2 days after.

I allowed them a little time to ‘dry out’ (one on the right hasn’t been watered for a little over 3 days) but yeah maybe I’ve had it wrong and they need more regular waterings. I’ll give it a crack!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks for the reply,

I thought it was a possibility of overwatering as I increased the volume a couple weeks ago and found them droopy 2 days after.

I allowed them a little time to ‘dry out’ (one on the right hasn’t been watered for a little over 3 days) but yeah maybe I’ve had it wrong and they need more regular waterings. I’ll give it a crack!
So, i never stick to a schedule when it comes to watering. They need it when they need it not when i want to give it to them. The only schedule i stick to religiously is every 3rd watering is a feeding.

growsince79

growsince79

Hey guys, I’m a new grower and new to the forum. My plants have been doing great, I returned ready to flip them to flower and noticed they were looking a little droopy. Now two days after they are looking horrible, any ideas what’s going on?

First picture is a week ago! The other two are current

-600w MH lights
-1.2m x 1.2m tent
-temps usually 23 degrees and 50% humidity
-organic living soil grow, local store made.
-usually water ever 2-3 days, about 1L per plant. PH to 6.5
Try about 5l every 3-4 days

O

Organicgrow1234

Yuppp you’re all right….
I’ve been checking them every 3 days and watering, and every time they’ve looked sad. I am now almost positive I was missing the bounce back and only seeing them when they’re thirsty.
Gave them a good water after everyone’s advice, and this is them around 4 hours later.

Thanks everyone! Will be giving them a lot more water. Appreciate all the advice

466B7277 B47E 48DB 99C5 F2651FED1832
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Water when the plant is close to run out of water and then saturate all the soil and allow a proper dryback. Water about 30% of volume, no drain if not needed.
The big fabrics medium is oftentimes hydrophobic dry at the outside and inside still moist. In order to get all back to good moisture use a pumpsprayer and water small increments slowly.

Maybe you can use the net to support colas in late flower? Still got a lot area to fill - train them to width with LST, tying branches down or away. Don't remove much leaves until the canopy is filled, but remove some lower sucker shoots.

Cheers

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Read up on how to water. You're watering too often, at the very least, and likely not getting all the soil wet when you do water.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/

Cannabis roots need plenty of oxygen. Oxygen and water occupy the same space in the soil -- between soil particles. When you water, you temporarily expel most of the oxygen from the soil. That's OK, as long as it's only temporary, and air starts replacing the water in the soil after that.

When you water every two to three days, your roots can't take up water because they're suffocating.

O

Organicgrow1234

Water when the plant is close to run out of water and then saturate all the soil and allow a proper dryback. Water about 30% of volume, no drain if not needed.
The big fabrics medium is oftentimes hydrophobic dry at the outside and inside still moist. In order to get all back to good moisture use a pumpsprayer and water small increments slowly.

Maybe you can use the net to support colas in late flower? Still got a lot area to fill - train them to width with LST, tying branches down or away. Don't remove much leaves until the canopy is filled, but remove some lower sucker shoots.

Cheers
Cheers mate I’ll go get a pump sprayer tomorrow and try get the watering sorted out.

I have been tying them down however I just switched to the net but ended up being a bit bigger than I thought and hasn’t given me good flexibility. I’ll start tying them down again.

I might delay the flowering a week or two, I’m thinking of transplanting them to a 10 gallon pot to give them some more room.

O

Organicgrow1234

Read up on how to water. You're watering too often, at the very least, and likely not getting all the soil wet when you do water.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/

Cannabis roots need plenty of oxygen. Oxygen and water occupy the same space in the soil -- between soil particles. When you water, you temporarily expel most of the oxygen from the soil. That's OK, as long as it's only temporary, and air starts replacing the water in the soil after that.

When you water every two to three days, your roots can't take up water because they're suffocating.
Appreciate the info there man I’ll take that on board 🤙

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Cheers mate I’ll go get a pump sprayer tomorrow and try get the watering sorted out.

I have been tying them down however I just switched to the net but ended up being a bit bigger than I thought and hasn’t given me good flexibility. I’ll start tying them down again.

I might delay the flowering a week or two, I’m thinking of transplanting them to a 10 gallon pot to give them some more room.
Fabric pots are a bit of a pain to water. In my 3 gallon fab pots I need to give them 1 gallon every 2.5 days when the temp is up over 80f....What I've been doing lately to get 3 full days in between watering I slowly give them their gallon then 5 - 10 hrs later I'm giving them another 1/4 - 1/3 gallon more...just until I see run off. Now I don't go down to hanging plants on the 3rd day, I killed off a lot of leaves before I started giving them extra liquid., fabric pots are not very forgiving, when they dry they dry fast.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Fabric pots are a bit of a pain to water. In my 3 gallon fab pots I need to give them 1 gallon every 2.5 days when the temp is up over 80f....What I've been doing lately to get 3 full days in between watering I slowly give them their gallon then 5 - 10 hrs later I'm giving them another 1/4 - 1/3 gallon more...just until I see run off. Now I don't go down to hanging plants on the 3rd day, I killed off a lot of leaves before I started giving them extra liquid., fabric pots are not very forgiving, when they dry they dry fast.
Ive noticed this same thing. When my tents are over 80 my fabric pots will drink a gallon every day almost. Then some plants drink different too because my gsc took a gallon every 4 days and my big strawberry cough will drink a gallon every day no problem.

Top Bottom